Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
NPLoader implementation
03-16-2013, 10:37 PM
NPLoader implementation
So after trying and failing to load up my DLC files the way Henrik suggested, I decided to look into it for a bit and I think I may know what's wrong. Some DLC files, such as files ending in .edat, need to connect to your Playstation Network account and verify the purchase before you're allowed to use them. Obviously, PPSSPP can't do this, and when it tries to load the DLC files, the entire emulator crashes shortly after the game boots, if not immediately after you select your game. JPCSP apparently tried to find a workaround for this, but it doesn't look like they finished.
http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=8134
The only workaround I found was a plugin for PSPs running custom firmware. It was intended to help prevent people from having to change PSN accounts for DLCs they downloaded from different regions, and use all DLCs at once if they have different region DLCs for a single game. (I don't understand why Sony made the PSP itself free from region restrictions, but not the DLC content.) It's called NPLoader and NPDecrypter. The decrypter dumps the decoded form of the DLC files, and the loader allows them to be played.
http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?t=4997
Apparently it's also open source. Is it possible for PPSSPP to find a way to implement this for using DLCs that require a PSN check?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-16-2013, 11:23 PM
RE: NPLoader implementation
theres a program also to decrypt pkg files,i think you know it Smile
03-16-2013, 11:52 PM
(03-16-2013 11:23 PM)sfageas Wrote:  theres a program also to decrypt pkg files,i think you know it Smile

No I don't. What is the name of it?
03-17-2013, 12:04 AM
search for PSN PKG Decryptor & Extractor v1.30
03-17-2013, 12:24 AM
(03-17-2013 12:04 AM)sfageas Wrote:  search for PSN PKG Decryptor & Extractor v1.30
It will extract only the pkgs using the public PSP keys (pawned from PS3's lv0 key leak party), which is a majority of the games but the most used/demanded ones (Dissidia let's say) use an extra key set that needs a different way for decryption using a real PSP. It was ages since I used it so I don't really remember to give an advise.
03-17-2013, 12:29 AM
well we cant have it all or we?unless plugins added Big Grin time will tell
03-17-2013, 12:04 PM
The PGD has support in ppsspp. EDATA support is easy. waiting my code...
03-17-2013, 01:15 PM
(03-17-2013 12:04 PM)tpunix Wrote:  The PGD has support in ppsspp. EDATA support is easy. waiting my code...

So you plan on being the one to make PPSSPP decrypt it then?
03-17-2013, 02:22 PM
I have some tools to handle files from PSN:
pspkg: decrypt pkg file.
npdpc: decrypt ISO from EBOOT.PBP
pgdecrypt: decrypt DLC/PGD file
(This files can be found here: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?c8t3g68a2m1c601)
freedata: convert DLC to free mode.
(http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?6f0xbxjwvynpyos)
03-17-2013, 03:25 PM
How do we use these to decrypt .edat? I downloaded both packages, but when I try to run the .exe files inside, all I get is what looks like a command prompt and then the program closes.
03-18-2013, 12:36 AM
(03-17-2013 08:30 PM)KingPepper Wrote:  BEWARE - My anti-virus went nuts, saying its a Password stealer (severe) in the first mediafire file Confused

Mine didn't go off. And it seems like he's a reliable source. (He fixed the PGD decryption for PPSSPP.) Just to be on the safe side I'll delete the files until he explains how to use them properly.
03-18-2013, 12:42 AM
there is no virus... all program compile use mingw. source code at https://github.com/tpunix/kirk_engine

how to use:
pspkg:
pspkg.exe -x xxxx.pkg
all content will be save in xxxx_pkg.

npdpc:
put npdpc.exe and EBOOT.PBP together, and run npdpc.exe

pgdecrypt & freedata:
put program and DLC files together, then run program.
03-18-2013, 01:07 AM
(03-18-2013 12:42 AM)tpunix Wrote:  there is no virus... all program compile use mingw. source code at https://github.com/tpunix/kirk_engine

how to use:
pspkg:
pspkg.exe -x xxxx.pkg
all content will be save in xxxx_pkg.

npdpc:
put npdpc.exe and EBOOT.PBP together, and run npdpc.exe

pgdecrypt & freedata:
put program and DLC files together, then run program.

Do you mean place the .edat files themselves into the freedata folder and run it? Or place a folder with a name like ULES01505 in there and run?
03-18-2013, 01:38 AM
yes, "place the .edat files themselves into the freedata folder and run it"
03-18-2013, 01:53 PM
(03-18-2013 01:38 AM)tpunix Wrote:  yes, "place the .edat files themselves into the freedata folder and run it"

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong then. I placed the .edat files inside the freedata folder and ran freedata.exe, the command prompt came up for like a millisecond, but nothing changed. When I try to run the DLC files, the game still crashes.