Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Game Plugin Support
09-18-2015, 10:37 PM
Game Plugin Support
Hello all,
I was looking around the internet and see that there isn't support for game plugins yet.
It was talked about https:// github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/724 <-there and theres a branch https:// github.com/unknownbrackets/ppsspp/tree/plugins <-there that looks like it made some progress but isn't being maintained.
I do have the source for a plugin, DarkFrost v6 BETA which I developed a while back when the scene was active, which would be great for testing. I also have all the official builds that I released.
Is there anybody who has made any progress in this area or wants to implement this with me?
Also I am not allowed to post links so I put a space after each //
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-19-2015, 02:15 AM
RE: Game Plugin Support
The problem is that plugins all seem to want to use kernel modules. Kernel modules are all different than user modules and sometimes there are similar functions to user modules with subtle differences.

A lot of work went into user modules and making them work. Games only use user modules, so most are working. There are still issues for user modules.

Kernel modules and functions, however, outnumber user modules. So it means a lot of work to get them all tested and working. Many offer features that might require a lot of changes to implement, some of which might impact performance. For example, some plugins like to replace the syscall functions in a table.

User-mode plugins could be a whole lot easier to implement. Is your plugin user-mode or kernel-mode?

-[Unknown]
09-19-2015, 03:34 AM
its kernel mode Sad
also good job on the repo, did you manage to get any plugins working?
09-20-2015, 01:40 AM
I had a couple test plugins actually running, although logging a lot of errors from functions they were trying to call that didn't work, some of which I had no idea what did. But I haven't really gone back to it once I realized how deep a journey into wonderland it would be... I took the blue pill.

-[Unknown]
09-21-2015, 01:51 AM
thats pretty good though, then this is probably a project for a later date
when this gets started you know where to find me (pm me Tongue)