Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LG G3 Phone Running Slower than Other Users'
09-10-2015, 09:48 PM
LG G3 Phone Running Slower than Other Users'
Hello, I recently configured the PPSSPP settings on my LG G3 in accordance with this video (Can't post link here-just search up [PPSSPP] LG G3 God of War[100%], the video should be the first result, it's by Diego Silva) that is made specifically for LG G3 users playing GoW, but I'm still getting unplayable amounts of lag when playing GoW and any 60fps game. Any fixes or things I should check? Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2015, 02:02 PM
RE: LG G3 Phone Running Slower than Other Users'
I've seen the video you mention and he/she is using frame skipping to help with the sound. It's quite noticeable since I play it without any frame skipping on my Shield ATV. The LG G3 is running on the same Snapdragon 801 SOC as my HTC1 M8 phone. I can tell you from experience that you'll need some moderate frame skipping on most games.
09-22-2015, 05:00 PM
(09-11-2015 02:02 PM)fivefeet8 Wrote:  I've seen the video you mention and he/she is using frame skipping to help with the sound. It's quite noticeable since I play it without any frame skipping on my Shield ATV. The LG G3 is running on the same Snapdragon 801 SOC as my HTC1 M8 phone. I can tell you from experience that you'll need some moderate frame skipping on most games.

I also have a G3 and have been trying to boost performance. PPSSPP seems to run about the same or perhaps even slower than my 2013 N7 (which has lower specs I believe).

When you say moderate, what values are you talking?

Thanks!
09-23-2015, 04:33 AM
The LG G3 has a 1440p screen resolution. I'd recommend playing the game on it at 2x resolutions with buffered rendering using 2-3 auto-frame skipping. Any more frame skipping and it starts to get a bit framey.