Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Direct x or 64 bit on android version?
08-29-2015, 07:19 PM (This post was last modified: 08-29-2015 07:20 PM by Stevacus.)
Direct x or 64 bit on android version?
Hello, and thank you for the wonderfull emulator. I use both the windows and the android versions of ppsspp, I recently bought the Samsung note 5 , its gpu is a arm mali-t760 and it has direct x 11.1 built in and a exynos 64bit cpu (I believe it's all combined into one chip including memory ect) I believe the only options now for android is opengl and software that seem to run poorly but now that devices are starting to use direct x any chance of getting an option to choose between ogl, direct x or software?. And is it also possible to get a 64bit android version?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-31-2015, 01:14 PM (This post was last modified: 08-31-2015 01:14 PM by Henrik.)
RE: Direct x or 64 bit on android version?
The latest development builds support 64-bit, and the next official release will as well.

While newer devices are indeed DX11 or even DX12-capable in theory, these APIs don't run on Android. However, a new graphics API, Vulkan, is coming to Android and we expect to support it once it's available by the end of the year. Of course, it may still take a while longer before mainstream devices have it available.
08-31-2015, 05:17 PM
RE: Direct x or 64 bit on android version?
Cool, thanks alot for the info.