Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
7th Dragon 2020
09-30-2013, 06:16 PM
RE: 7th Dragon 2020
You can always go back to the version that works for you...

I'm sorry, but I can't constantly keep an eye on all the game compatibility threads I started.
Please send a Private Message if you need some more information.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2013, 06:22 PM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2013 06:23 PM by TheDax.)
The only exceptions being iOS and OSX(if you don't build your own). Tongue

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
Find all posts by this user
12-02-2013, 12:22 PM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2013 03:02 PM by Godwind.)
I got some problem running this game with 0.9.5 on PC

First.
I can't save the system data and this happend on 2020-2 too.
*It doesn't effect gameplay. Able to get in without system data*

Second.
Map fleshing If I move too closer to border map line.
*If I leave border map line it go back to normal*

Third.
Background music suddenly stopped after few loop on most maps except Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building map.
*Battle music and character voice are always working*

Fourth.
If I select frame skipping to 1 and trying to save/load game. It start fleshing but save/load is fine.
*Works fine with no frame skipping or auto*
12-12-2013, 03:01 PM
Testing with 0.9.6 on PC and still can't save system data.

Rest issue got fixed. Except sometime game crash without reason.
04-19-2014, 09:46 AM
v0.9.8 for Windows, can not save system data, but not crashing anymore...

CPU: Intel Core i3-3217U 1.8GHz
RAM: 4GB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M 2GB
03-29-2015, 11:34 AM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2015 11:42 AM by Greatlion.)
Nothing happened here, so I'm stuck in that place. It's happened on both platforms - Android and PC. This is the 3rd quest in the game. Too bad, because this plase is the key to next story... Perhaps it's because I play 7th Dragon 2020 II.

03-30-2016, 09:09 AM
A complete translation of 7th Dragon 2020 by Cavespeak just came out!!!! Finally a way to properly experience this RPG gem...
03-31-2016, 10:25 PM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
04-01-2016, 03:43 PM
kind of useless to put questions regarding this game in this topic, since that will never be answered, nobody looks in these sections...

Deleted my problem, since it is useless to ask it here.

*~* You can get the weeny out of the war, but you cannot get the war out of the weeny
*~* [email protected] - 8gb ddr3 - gtx 970 - windows 7
*~* i am really good at English, but it isn't my native language :3
04-02-2016, 07:38 PM
(04-01-2016 03:43 PM)warweeny Wrote:  kind of useless to put questions regarding this game in this topic, since that will never be answered, nobody looks in these sections...

^ With such attitude for sure;p.

I really like 1 thread per game, it keeps the attention whores out, making it much easier to find valid information.

~

Either way this game doesn't have any problems at least on pc, finished/obtained everything in it including post game stuff. Only thing I recall which wasn't working properly that also other people mentioned here earlier is system data. It can be created and it does save option changes on ppsspp, however diva mode unlock never saves to it after being unlocked in-game.
Don't know if it still happens since I didn't had any saves near the unlock point which is deep in game and simply used savedata with it already unlocked, switching bgm modes does work fine at least.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
04-03-2016, 10:01 AM
(04-02-2016 07:38 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  
(04-01-2016 03:43 PM)warweeny Wrote:  kind of useless to put questions regarding this game in this topic, since that will never be answered, nobody looks in these sections...

^ With such attitude for sure;p.

I really like 1 thread per game, it keeps the attention whores out, making it much easier to find valid information.

~

Either way this game doesn't have any problems at least on pc, finished/obtained everything in it including post game stuff. Only thing I recall which wasn't working properly that also other people mentioned here earlier is system data. It can be created and it does save option changes on ppsspp, however diva mode unlock never saves to it after being unlocked in-game.
Don't know if it still happens since I didn't had any saves near the unlock point which is deep in game and simply used savedata with it already unlocked, switching bgm modes does work fine at least.

the problem i had was stuttering in framerate, but this also happens in other games now, so it doesn't apply to this game anymore.

The thing is, a per-game topic is nice, but nobody is visiting this part of the forum, because it is so specific, and the amount of viewers who would look up a topic is minimal.

It has nothing to do with "attitude", it is logical this occurs...thus making a question here pretty irrelevant and useless.

*~* You can get the weeny out of the war, but you cannot get the war out of the weeny
04-03-2016, 03:54 PM
It has everything to do with attitude, cause if you get angry and delete your post nobody will know what was the problem to begin with and you end up looking butthurt for no reason;p.
I don't understand the concept of subforum popularity, most people who hang around any forums fairy often will just check new posts on visit, so section doesn't matter, it will always be on the first page especially nowadays when we probably get more spam bots than people posting here and still an active moderator that removes the spam, so yeah not really much to read.

As for stuttering, it probably means you loose some frames which even on reasonably powerful pc could be a few things, from a power saving HDD feature(or dying one;p) - you can try cache ISO to ram in system settings to counter it, to texture scaling(especially any other than basic xBRZ which is the only fairy fast one), could even be problem specific to your gpu which I guess is that model with 512mb of ultra slow video memory that might require some special treatment.
If it's nothing of that and just sound itself, it could also be a problem with WASAPI backend, it just doesn't work for some unlucky people, so you might get better results with DSound.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
04-03-2016, 05:09 PM
(04-03-2016 03:54 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  It has everything to do with attitude, cause if you get angry and delete your post nobody will know what was the problem to begin with and you end up looking butthurt for no reason;p.
I don't understand the concept of subforum popularity, most people who hang around any forums fairy often will just check new posts on visit, so section doesn't matter, it will always be on the first page especially nowadays when we probably get more spam bots than people posting here and still an active moderator that removes the spam, so yeah not really much to read.

As for stuttering, it probably means you loose some frames which even on reasonably powerful pc could be a few things, from a power saving HDD feature(or dying one;p) - you can try cache ISO to ram in system settings to counter it, to texture scaling(especially any other than basic xBRZ which is the only fairy fast one), could even be problem specific to your gpu which I guess is that model with 512mb of ultra slow video memory that might require some special treatment.
If it's nothing of that and just sound itself, it could also be a problem with WASAPI backend, it just doesn't work for some unlucky people, so you might get better results with DSound.

Where did i state or say i was angry?
And how did you even remotely think i was "butthurt", lol.
i stated facts, nothing more, nothing less...

As for the stuttering, i already installed it on an SSD - so that is out of the window, the gtx 970 is MORE than enough to run any game, especially since i also played with default settings, and the stuttering still occurs. hell even my moms amd apu runs the game fine, and it also stutters there, the "512mb slow memory" thing is not even applicable here...not sure why you bring that up.

ppsspp doesn't give framedrops, fraps and ppsspp frame/speed counter stay to 30fps/100% speed when the stutter occurs. Sound is playing fine, no stuttering there, only video that stutters.

The stutter doesn't happen all the time mind you, but it happens when moving about in the central hub of this game (the large building) or any other area really. It also happens with other games like kingdom hearts for example.

04-03-2016, 07:38 PM
Hard to see you otherwise if you behave like "if it's not my way, then let it be no way at all", that's kind of a definition of "butthurt", still not as bad as people who unloads that anger on others, but really emotional without much reason. Either way it surely decreased visibility of your problem to 0 until you reposted it and made you read all this BS I'm writing about it, so well ~ not worth it on that we can hopefully agree.Tongue

Going back to the problem, if sound is playing fine and it only affects graphics, then try "Force real clock sync" in system settings. It should improve such cases althrough they are very system specific, so results are usually different for everyone.
Also our graphic enhancing features makes this worse especially texture scaling, which is best left disabled as whenever new texture loads(aka when moving around areas) it will totally rape performance doesn't matter if it registers on frame counter or not, more than enough to cause desynchronization even when we try hard to avoid it.

04-03-2016, 09:24 PM
Well, I for example don't have this game and have never played it. IMHO, replying to this topic gives you the best chance of your question reaching people who might actually have an answer.

(04-02-2016 07:38 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  Only thing I recall which wasn't working properly that also other people mentioned here earlier is system data. It can be created and it does save option changes on ppsspp, however diva mode unlock never saves to it after being unlocked in-game.

Does anyone have any such saves? I won't be able to use them (for lack of the game), but perhaps someone can confirm if it's still an issue. If it is, should probably open an issue on GitHub.

Sounds like PSP saves work and load properly, though? It'd be interesting if a PPSSPP created save near the unlock point, when transferred to a PSP, allowed the unlock. That would make it seem like a bug in the unlock thing, not in saving. If that doesn't work either, though, it might indicate a saving bug.

As far as stuttering -
If PPSSPP *consistently* shows 30/30 or 60/60 the entire time, that should mean it's not dropping rendered frames. If it was behind (e.g. due to texture scaling), it would show e.g. 24/30 for a moment. If it was frameskipping, it would show e.g. 24/24. It's still not a bad idea to turn down these settings temporarily to verify.

Also, don't necessarily trust FRAPS for the FPS of PPSSPP. Whatever PPSSPP shows in its FPS counter is truth as far as rendered frames - there are scenarios where FRAPS will think PPSSPP is rendering more frames than it REALLY is.

Aside from LunaMoo's good suggestions, I would definitely try disabling background programs, other apps, any screen recorders or automatic defrag programs, and pause any active process / antivirus scans. See if it happens when you're ONLY running PPSSPP. The behavior you describe sounds like it's caused by something external.

Also disable any cheats or hacks you may be using, and update your video card drivers. NVIDIA has pushed out some updates lately.

If none of that helps, another thing to try is switching "Rendering mode" to "Skip buffer effects". What this does is disable buffered drawing (something many PSP games use a ton.) It will draw more directly to the screen, although some special effects won't work anymore. Some games rely on buffers to draw anything at all, but that probably won't be the case here... I hope.

-[Unknown]