Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PPSSPP Working on Windows 10 Mobile
08-24-2015, 12:58 PM (This post was last modified: 08-24-2015 01:00 PM by MrChezco1995.)
PPSSPP Working on Windows 10 Mobile
Not sure if I should post it here (to mods, please move if needed, thanks) but I'm here to tell you that the Android version of PPSSPP works perfectly on Windows 10 Mobile! I ain't joking here, look! Big Grin

So how this was possible? Apparently, starting build 10166, Microsoft included an Android subsystem to selected devices in the meantime (spoofed my Lumia 535 to a Lumia 1520 to get the build of Windows 10 Mobile with Android Subsystem), making it possible to run Android apps. Some apps runs perfectly, some runs with minor or major issues, and some plainly crashes, but look PPSSPP works on Windows 10 Mobile Big Grin

In a nutshell, it's Android 4.4.4 with the ART runtime not dalvik, running under Hyper-V on Windows 10 Mobile. For those wondering what Hyper-V is, it's basically Microsoft's native hypervisor, creates, runs, and manages virtual machines, like Oracle's Virtualbox, but for some reason, this is faster. Hyper-V was introduced in Windows Server 2008, the a client version of Hyper-V was introduced in Windows 8.

That hyper-V trick ain't old anymore as Microsoft did the same technique with their Xbox One, running 3 different OS on the same time under Hyper-V.

and oh yeah, I'm new here XD . Just registered to this forum to tell you guys this XD . HELLO EVERYONE!!! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2015, 12:30 PM
RE: PPSSPP Working on Windows 10 Mobile
That's crazy Smile Cool find!
02-16-2016, 09:25 PM
Man, I believe that the PPSSPP is not working in the W10 Mobile, that's pretty much a hack is sad, but I believe that PPSSPP has no interest in the platform. Funny thing is that they give attention to BlackBerry, but they do not give to Windows Mobile 10
05-05-2016, 10:51 AM
JIT is back to Windows 10 Mobile. We waits port.Smile
05-20-2016, 02:20 AM
Nice work. it look interesting. Thank for the post.