Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ppsspp continuous crashing
07-20-2015, 06:49 AM (This post was last modified: 07-20-2015 06:49 AM by Zero0nim.)
Ppsspp continuous crashing
First please don't mind my poor english ... I'm still a beginner at it

Then back to the topic .. ppsspp is crashing whenever i play for like ... every 5 minutes. .

My tablet is note 8 .. (GT-n5100)

The only game i play is persona 3 .. or p3p for short

My settings is

rendering mode : buffered rendering
simulate block transfer effects is on
frame skipping 6
auto frameskip is on
Prevent fps from exceeding 60 is off
alternative speed 0
Post processing shader FXAA antialiasing
Rendering resolution auto 1:1
display rotation landscape
Display resolution HW scaler 2xpsp
mipmapping is on
Everthing else in performance setting is off
Everthing in hack settings is off
Fast memory is on
multithreaded is on
cpu clock is 0
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-20-2015, 06:52 AM
RE: Ppsspp continuous crashing
Try closing any background applications or try lowering HW scaler. You may want to enable speed hacks as well, or disable them. Tinker with your settings until it's just right.
07-20-2015, 03:35 PM
Typical cause of crashing from the settings you listed - multithreading, so try disabling it.
I remember people playing on arm platforms were quarelling with dev against improving it since any fixes and improvement to it causes it to be even slower as result it didn't get much attention after that, so yeah it can cause anything from crashes to glitches. I would not recommend using it unless you absolutely need to and never just assume that it will improve anything, as actually in many games it will be slower or the gain will not be worth the issues.

You could also disable fast memory, to avoid some crashes if the game is buggy, althrough it will probably not be needed after disabling multithreading.

If neither helps, you can try newer ppsspp version from buildbot it's also linked on the bottom of the download page.

HW scaler nor any other setting you have should affect stability.

Android usually suffers from weak gpu and/or graphic drivers, that's exactly why ppsspp has soo many speedhacks in the graphic section and if you do need more fps, testing some of them might be worth. Disabling "simulate block transfer" or activate "disable slower effects" hack might actually sometimes give you nice boost without any noticeable effect on graphics as some games are weird.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
07-21-2015, 01:16 AM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2015 01:17 AM by Zero0nim.)
Thank you very much Big Grin
i really appreciate it

I can't believe it stopped crashing .... again thank you very much Smile