Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A few thoughts about the decoder
03-14-2013, 08:28 AM
A few thoughts about the decoder
maybe you wouldbe use SonicStage for decoding, like JPCSP?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-14-2013, 08:33 AM
RE: A few thoughts about the decoder
Personally I'm not really interested in using a Windows-only program to decode the atrac only on one platform, and requiring users to go through the trouble of installing it themselves.

If it's not even similar to an approach that will work on mobile it just seems like a waste of time. IMHO.

-[Unknown]
03-14-2013, 10:24 AM
(03-14-2013 08:33 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Personally I'm not really interested in using a Windows-only program to decode the atrac only on one platform, and requiring users to go through the trouble of installing it themselves.

If it's not even similar to an approach that will work on mobile it just seems like a waste of time. IMHO.

-[Unknown]

Besides atrac+ what kind of music file formats can ppsspp currently decode?
03-14-2013, 10:38 AM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2013 10:40 AM by El_Maco_Destructo (oO)p /BOOM/.)
(03-14-2013 08:33 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  If it's not even similar to an approach that will work on mobile it just seems like a waste of time. IMHO.

-[Unknown]

I don't want to see PPSSPP getting too 'fragmented' and dependant on 3rd party SW too, but I don't see another solution. And developing the Atrac3+ codec on one's own is too difficult Sad

(03-14-2013 10:24 AM)livisor Wrote:  Besides atrac+ what kind of music file formats can ppsspp currently decode?

There is decoder for everything up to Atrac3...dunno if they are implemented in PPSSPP though.