Thread Rating:
  • 16 Votes - 4.06 Average
God Eater Burst
08-27-2013, 11:32 AM (This post was last modified: 08-27-2013 11:35 AM by soluuloi.)
RE: God Eater Burst
Are there any way to fix this screen? I get it everytime I load the game but it doesnt affect my save data (at least for now). I am using 0.91 150 g49d41 version. And I dont have any dlc.

Edit: the screenshot I mentioned above said something about fail missions cant be accepted, characters cannot be added to member list, please re-download at platstation stor. I dont understand how come I got the screenshot instead.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-27-2013, 11:36 AM
Fix it how, get rid of the over-brightness you mean? Swap to Non-buffered rendering.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
08-28-2013, 09:52 AM
(08-27-2013 11:36 AM)daxtsu Wrote:  Fix it how, get rid of the over-brightness you mean? Swap to Non-buffered rendering.

I got a screen like this one here. I took the screenshot during the loading screen but somehow, it gave me an in-game screenshot, must be some weird bugs. I check the previous posts, it seems like it's harmless but I am not sure. Some guys said it's because the owner of this screenshot uses DLC but I dont have any DLC.

08-28-2013, 08:06 PM
are you sure you have correctly instaled dlc? Mayby try using nploader. I use it and i don`t have problems with any dlc. If you use it already then mayby you have corrupted dlc files, and just redownload it just like game said.
08-28-2013, 08:07 PM
He said he doesn't have DLC. It's normal to receive that message when you don't have any.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
08-29-2013, 11:52 AM
I see, thanks you very much.
09-01-2013, 12:43 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2013 12:44 PM by chrisDLCTS.)
has anyone tried god eater 2 yet to see if it even runs? I'm downloading the official demo from the Famitsu site and I'll give it a test. I can't remember if ppsspp can run EBOOT demos.

edit: I'm at work now so I won't be able to test until this evening. also running on android, with the most current GIT/nightly version of ppsspp.
09-01-2013, 12:45 PM
All you had to do was search for God Eater 2.. Tongue

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...od+eater+2

09-01-2013, 12:52 PM
oops! my badddd
09-01-2013, 08:49 PM
Sorry, I know that this issue has risen quite a few times, but I was wondering if anyone has had any luck on the new 0.9.1 build of PPSSPP when trying to load a PSP save data from US God Eater. It has not been working for me as I keep getting sent back to the start screen and a beeping sound occurs. I am wondering if there is anything that can be done. I have tried looking for the version that CPkmn had worked on but to no avail. I thought that it would be implemented in 0.9.1. From what I have read it seems to still be an issue, but other reports would help, thank you.
09-01-2013, 10:16 PM
Alright, First there is no God Eater US as it was never released outside of Japan. As for a save from a real PSP for Gods eater burst, I just tested one I got from gamefaqs a wile ago on the latest 0.9.1-442 and other than saying the avatar was corrupted it loaded just fine. Also in this version you can see the avatar actually try to display correctly (screenshots taken with 0.9.1-442). latest builds can be found here: http://www.ppsspp.org/downloads.html#devbuilds

09-01-2013, 11:03 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2013 11:22 PM by Raven_Wing_Corps.)
So i've seen this issue before in this thread and others have fixed it by various means, notably by using a PSP or an earlier version of PPSSPP.
After the credits on the Hope mission before the burst story line all i get is a black screen.

For whatever reason this sin't working for me. My PSP reads the save file as corrupt, the earlier version (0.7.6 - 1611 i think) just gives me the same issue. The Jpcsp emulator failed to start the mission crashing as i tried to accept it.

Anything you guys could give me on fixing the issue would be welcomed.

Edit: Added my save so you guys could have a look and see.

Attached File(s)
.zip  ULUS105630680502102040001000.zip (Size: 577.05 KB / Downloads: 416)
09-01-2013, 11:52 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2013 11:54 PM by Fuzaki.)
Yes I know that there is only God Eater Burst for the US, but CPkmn had said that he had used a japanese version of the game, which I suspect is still Burst (I was just too lazy to refer to it as Burst, my apologies). Ah and yes I had the same screen when loading, a black silhouette of my character, but when I try to load there is simply a beeping sound and I am sent straight back to the menu screen. I think I have the latest build, but let me check again and I will also try the different saves. Thank you for the information.
09-02-2013, 12:59 AM
(09-01-2013 10:16 PM)mr.chya Wrote:  Alright, First there is no God Eater US as it was never released outside of Japan. As for a save from a real PSP for Gods eater burst, I just tested one I got from gamefaqs a wile ago on the latest 0.9.1-442 and other than saying the avatar was corrupted it loaded just fine. Also in this version you can see the avatar actually try to display correctly (screenshots taken with 0.9.1-442). latest builds can be found here: http://www.ppsspp.org/downloads.html#devbuilds

yeah, the sceJpeg (used for avatars) implementation isn't really right...it's just to get something on the screen. Interestingly in the God Eater 2 demo the avatar displays correctly, although it doesn't seem to use sceJpeg for the avatar (based on what I see in my log)...see my attachment for a picture.

(09-01-2013 11:03 PM)Raven_Wing_Corps Wrote:  So i've seen this issue before in this thread and others have fixed it by various means, notably by using a PSP or an earlier version of PPSSPP.
After the credits on the Hope mission before the burst story line all i get is a black screen.

For whatever reason this sin't working for me. My PSP reads the save file as corrupt, the earlier version (0.7.6 - 1611 i think) just gives me the same issue. The Jpcsp emulator failed to start the mission crashing as i tried to accept it.

Anything you guys could give me on fixing the issue would be welcomed.

Edit: Added my save so you guys could have a look and see.

If a real PSP reads it as corrupt, it shouldn't be usable on PPSSPP. I think there was a savegame fixer called SED, although due to how it works it would probably need to be used on a real PSP.

(09-01-2013 11:52 PM)Fuzaki Wrote:  Yes I know that there is only God Eater Burst for the US, but CPkmn had said that he had used a japanese version of the game, which I suspect is still Burst (I was just too lazy to refer to it as Burst, my apologies). Ah and yes I had the same screen when loading, a black silhouette of my character, but when I try to load there is simply a beeping sound and I am sent straight back to the menu screen. I think I have the latest build, but let me check again and I will also try the different saves. Thank you for the information.

No, God Eater Burst was released in many regions (although the original God Eater was only released in Japan)...I use the Japanese God Eater Burst, for example.

09-02-2013, 03:46 AM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2013 03:48 AM by Fuzaki.)
Lol, again, my apologies. I don't know why I said that God Eater is US only when I just said after that Burst was also available in Japan, lol, other countries too of course. I can't seem to say what's on my mind. Yes, it seems that other PSP save files are working, given that I've only tried about 3, though they still have the black silhouette problem which I suspect is the jpeg problem. It is a problem with my save data. I have tried the newest build of PPSSPP, as well as older ones, and none seem to work, but I will keep trying. So is the jpeg issue still evident for everyone else on the US version of Burst because the character image in the status menu does not render correctly for any files I have loaded.