Thread Rating:
  • 16 Votes - 4.06 Average
God Eater Burst
08-12-2013, 03:40 AM
RE: God Eater Burst
(08-11-2013 11:09 PM)CPkmn Wrote:  I usually understand voices better than text, although when I need to understand some text I can't read I'll either look up the characters (since I don't have a japanese keyboard) and use a translit website (eg. 鬼神竜帝 -> oni shin ryu tei) to make an interpretation or I'll go with the god eater wikia if I feel lazy (although sometimes it's more difficult since they use names from the english version of the game which aren't always exact translations of the japanese names).

As for the gameplay speed, it's not supposed to be very fast when you use weapons on or below the rank of the aragami you're fighting. Swing twice with a light attack, then for the third strike use a heavy attack (or vice versa). Optionally the third strike can be replaced with devouring the aragami. Also check out some God Eater/Burst/2 gameplay to see if the game will get to a fighting pace you like.

I see, thanks for replying to my (a bit silly) question Smile. Yeah for now the game is not appealling me too much, but maybe I just need to get the habit of it, the story is really intriguing so I'd like to give it a chance. I saw the gameplay trailer of god eater 2 and I must say that I'm amused, the game looks combo friendly and being able to use new kind of weapons other than swords is neat.

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2013, 09:09 AM
(08-11-2013 11:09 PM)CPkmn Wrote:  
(08-11-2013 06:28 PM)Gurlok Wrote:  You are doing a great job there, CPkmn. Out of curiosity, may I ask how good can you read japanese? I can only read hiragana and katakana, my knowledge to kanji is near to 0, which this game seems to relies 90% of the times, so I'm having a bit of hard time reading stuff. Also the gameplay doesn't seems so...fast placed, It seems that light and heavy combo can't be chained together am I wrong? I'm still at the beginning though.

I usually understand voices better than text, although when I need to understand some text I can't read I'll either look up the characters (since I don't have a japanese keyboard) and use a translit website (eg. 鬼神竜帝 -> oni shin ryu tei) to make an interpretation or I'll go with the god eater wikia if I feel lazy (although sometimes it's more difficult since they use names from the english version of the game which aren't always exact translations of the japanese names).

As for the gameplay speed, it's not supposed to be very fast when you use weapons on or below the rank of the aragami you're fighting. Swing twice with a light attack, then for the third strike use a heavy attack (or vice versa). Optionally the third strike can be replaced with devouring the aragami. Also check out some God Eater/Burst/2 gameplay to see if the game will get to a fighting pace you like.

(08-11-2013 09:44 PM)reshinkohou Wrote:  Yeah,it does only up to v1.3 that worked in USA version,and up to that,the game crash
I didn't get the JP version cause i didn't understand the languange at all..
Well,i do change the DLC back to the USA version,but it wont solve it either, and its annoying for only letting me Load the Female Character data...
I use your suggestion using automated build ppsspp, and now i'm using v0.8.1-1173-ge03acc4,heres the result:
1.I didn't get the "No image" avatar anymore,but it changes to black avatar for my Male Character and Missing Charater avatar for my Female Character like...how to put the screenshot anyway?
2.When i load the female data the game brightness just go wild, i mean its too bright man!
Help anyone???

Actually it was Gurlok's suggestion to use the latest build. I commented that if it didn't load with v0.8.1, it won't load with my fixes.

Turn off buffered rendering on the official build to fix the brightness. Some changes which fixed other games broke this one with buffered rendering enabled.

Alright,then to sum it up,there's no fix yet for the savedata problem,is that it?
Sorry CPKmn,but i didn't get a chance for trying your suggestion,cause im just using the official build,not the automated build
I guess for a moment i just using my 3rd slot data then...

Upgrading my life btw
I5 1.6 Ghz Quad-core
4GB RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Nvidia Geforce 720m

Sorry if i trouble you guys,i'm a newbie to this kind of thing,hope we can get along!
08-12-2013, 02:09 PM
Ah hey all, first time post Big Grin

Anyways, does anyone know how to fix the perpetual black screen that occurs after the ending credits roll and the Soma cutscene?
The one that happens after the last rank 6 mission "Hope"?

Also, the save/load state doesn't seem to work for me on this game, is that how it should be?
08-12-2013, 02:15 PM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2013 02:19 PM by aki21.)
(08-12-2013 02:09 PM)iamagaroze Wrote:  Ah hey all, first time post Big Grin

Anyways, does anyone know how to fix the perpetual black screen that occurs after the ending credits roll and the Soma cutscene?

Also, the save/load state doesn't seem to work for me on this game, is that how it should be?

use v0.7.6 1161 to past the black screen,but It's might not work for some people,just try first
get it here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/

edit:savestates working find for this games,usually it counter a random crash when save or load,try enabling frameskip when load or save states.

my sub weapon:
xperia mini hd
1ghz scorpion
single core
not clocked

my ultimate weapon
acer(laptop)
2.2ghz ?core
intel media accelarator 3000

i'm a tester,but not as good as other,please be kind with me,haha.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-12-2013, 02:53 PM
(08-12-2013 02:15 PM)aki21 Wrote:  
(08-12-2013 02:09 PM)iamagaroze Wrote:  Ah hey all, first time post Big Grin

use v0.7.6 1161 to past the black screen,but It's might not work for some people,just try first
get it here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/

edit:savestates working find for this games,usually it counter a random crash when save or load,try enabling frameskip when load or save states.

MMMMMM it worked. Finally on to the Burst portion of GEB haha.

Hmmm, I'll test out the save/load state as well.

Thanks a lot~ You have my eternal gratitude haha
08-13-2013, 08:04 AM
I've been having trouble getting the game started on Android, every time I try to create a character and save it to a slot I get an error about the UMD and get cycled through the same few messages.
08-13-2013, 12:11 PM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2013 12:11 PM by Gurlok.)
(08-13-2013 08:04 AM)Reo18 Wrote:  I've been having trouble getting the game started on Android, every time I try to create a character and save it to a slot I get an error about the UMD and get cycled through the same few messages.

I have no experience with PPSSPP on android devices, but what kind of error are you getting? Maybe you need to dump again your iso.

08-13-2013, 12:21 PM
(08-13-2013 08:04 AM)Reo18 Wrote:  I've been having trouble getting the game started on Android, every time I try to create a character and save it to a slot I get an error about the UMD and get cycled through the same few messages.

You need to patch your ISO (I think prometheus will do if I remember right).
PPSSPP can't bypass UMD checks yet...
08-13-2013, 02:05 PM
It really bugs me how the v0.7.6 1161 build works for some people and not for others, I wonder what causes it. I just downloaded like three different builds that supposedly get past the black screen but none of them have for me, guess I'm not gonna have a second playthrough for a while!
08-13-2013, 02:25 PM
(08-13-2013 02:05 PM)Otsis Wrote:  It really bugs me how the v0.7.6 1161 build works for some people and not for others, I wonder what causes it. I just downloaded like three different builds that supposedly get past the black screen but none of them have for me, guess I'm not gonna have a second playthrough for a while!

you can use jpcsp if your pc is good enough to go through gameplay and save at the screen after the credit,or pm me to pass it for you atleast or just wait until actual fixed come by(not sure when).also I might do some test later,maybe I can discover something.

my sub weapon:
xperia mini hd
1ghz scorpion
single core
not clocked

my ultimate weapon
acer(laptop)
2.2ghz ?core
intel media accelarator 3000

i'm a tester,but not as good as other,please be kind with me,haha.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-13-2013, 03:20 PM
(08-13-2013 02:25 PM)aki21 Wrote:  
(08-13-2013 02:05 PM)Otsis Wrote:  It really bugs me how the v0.7.6 1161 build works for some people and not for others, I wonder what causes it. I just downloaded like three different builds that supposedly get past the black screen but none of them have for me, guess I'm not gonna have a second playthrough for a while!

you can use jpcsp if your pc is good enough to go through gameplay and save at the screen after the credit,or pm me to pass it for you atleast or just wait until actual fixed come by(not sure when).also I might do some test later,maybe I can discover something.

Thanks, I haven't gotten to that point in my playthrough yet though, seeing as I couldn't get past the credits Tongue And jpcsp didn't work for me either, which is odd seeing as I can run GEB on that perfectly fine.
08-13-2013, 06:37 PM
(08-13-2013 12:21 PM)CPkmn Wrote:  

I was able to patch the iso, but now it just plain doesn't start and hangs on the iso selection screen.
08-13-2013, 06:41 PM
(08-13-2013 06:37 PM)Reo18 Wrote:  

I was able to patch the iso, but now it just plain doesn't start and hangs on the iso selection screen.

Did you patch it using a real PSP? PPSSPP can't patch games correctly atm
08-13-2013, 06:45 PM
(08-13-2013 06:41 PM)CPkmn Wrote:  
(08-13-2013 06:37 PM)Reo18 Wrote:  

Did you patch it using a real PSP? PPSSPP can't patch games correctly atm

Ahh, no.
Unfortunately my real PSP has been broken for awhile.
I guess I'll just have to wait it out or buy a new one.
08-13-2013, 07:50 PM
(08-13-2013 06:45 PM)Reo18 Wrote:  Ahh, no.
Unfortunately my real PSP has been broken for awhile.
I guess I'll just have to wait it out or buy a new one.

Actually, you can patch your dumped iso by using isotool with PPSSPP, it works well.