Thread Rating:
  • 16 Votes - 4.06 Average
God Eater Burst
08-07-2013, 10:11 PM
RE: God Eater Burst
Try the mediafire save, it's still bouncing me back. Tongue

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2013, 10:43 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2013 10:48 PM by CPkmn.)
(08-07-2013 10:11 PM)daxtsu Wrote:  Try the mediafire save, it's still bouncing me back. Tongue

I don't have the US version of the game.
It works in the Japanese version. Go figure Tongue

I have 1 more guess, and if that isn't right then the save would have never loaded in any version of PPSSPP up to today (basically my next commit makes it the equivalent of the only other implementation of sceJpegGetOutputInfo in PPSSPP if it errors out, a stub).
08-08-2013, 09:47 AM
I have the same error as daxtsu Sad
08-08-2013, 07:50 PM
Hello people. I just wanted to start playing God Eater Burst, but game is just too bright. What should i do? Any specific rev needed to play this game, or maybe emulator's configuration? Please help me guys.

PC Specs:

GPU: AMD Radeon R9 270X 2GB GDDR5 (Sapphire Vapor-X)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 1200 3.9GHz (OC)
RAM: 8GB DDR4 2400 MHz
MB: ASRock AB350 Pro4
08-08-2013, 07:57 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2013 07:57 PM by solarmystic.)
(08-08-2013 07:50 PM)srdjan1995 Wrote:  Hello people. I just wanted to start playing God Eater Burst, but game is just too bright. What should i do? Any specific rev needed to play this game, or maybe emulator's configuration? Please help me guys.

You have two options:-

1. Turn off Buffered Rendering, which will make the bloom disappear, or

2. Use revision v0.8.1-496-g7c3e171 for this game, since it is the last one not to have this issue.

Refer to my github issue report for further details, this issue has been around for a very long time:-

https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/2678

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
08-08-2013, 09:02 PM
(08-08-2013 07:57 PM)solarmystic Wrote:  
(08-08-2013 07:50 PM)srdjan1995 Wrote:  Hello people. I just wanted to start playing God Eater Burst, but game is just too bright. What should i do? Any specific rev needed to play this game, or maybe emulator's configuration? Please help me guys.

You have two options:-

1. Turn off Buffered Rendering, which will make the bloom disappear, or

2. Use revision v0.8.1-496-g7c3e171 for this game, since it is the last one not to have this issue.

Refer to my github issue report for further details, this issue has been around for a very long time:-

https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/2678

Ok, tnx man. I'll try it Smile

PC Specs:

GPU: AMD Radeon R9 270X 2GB GDDR5 (Sapphire Vapor-X)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 1200 3.9GHz (OC)
RAM: 8GB DDR4 2400 MHz
MB: ASRock AB350 Pro4
08-10-2013, 04:16 AM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2013 04:18 AM by bwindah14.)
Hi guys, im playing this with my USB Playstation stick. But somehow the control just so wrong (the left analog use to move the camera, and the D Pad to move the characters). I want to make the camera movement on right analog. But i couldnt change the control settings on the Direct Input control settings. (Im sure its not my stick problem, cause ive been using it on other emulator like PSCX2 and epsxe and it run fine)

Is there anyway to handle this? Thanks
08-11-2013, 02:17 AM
hmm,i did some retest which bla3,i wonder if the first ending issue(black screen,should show save screen instead),using the build v0.7.6 1161,i find unimplent stuff in debug console which is "scmpeg decodeflush",something like that,but it took the game to savescreen.on v 0.8.1 11** I don't get the same thing at all which I think it's has been implemented,but it does'nt take me to savescreen which it keep looping the "atrac id" and not proceed by loading elf like v0.7.6 1161,what I have is basically conclusion from what i'm see.i just think if it related to driver,graphic card or the emu itself.

my sub weapon:
xperia mini hd
1ghz scorpion
single core
not clocked

my ultimate weapon
acer(laptop)
2.2ghz ?core
intel media accelarator 3000

i'm a tester,but not as good as other,please be kind with me,haha.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-11-2013, 02:27 AM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2013 04:14 PM by CPkmn.)
Does the game really blackscreen on the official build after the first ending? I didn't have a problem (although I'm not using the official build nor is my sceMpeg exactly the same). I know this game had issues with finishing its videos on PPSSPP, but I thought they were fixed.
08-11-2013, 01:51 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2013 01:57 PM by reshinkohou.)
Hi guys,i new here so im sorry for inconvinience...
I just wanted to ask about the savedata that i copied from my PSP to PPSSPP that is not working,when i tried to load it, the game just bounce back to title screen (i save it in slot 2 in the game, a Male Character)
Its annoying though,cause when i tried my other savedata (in slot 3, a Female Character) i can play the game,even with the DLC included (JP DLC, USA game version) that i downloaded in the godeater wikia
Can you help me guys?

EDIT: The savedata shows "No Image" for all savedata of my avatar too,and i using the PPSSPP i downloaded in ppsspp.org, i think its version just say v0.8.1
Using USA game version for both savedata,with JP DLC v1.6

Upgrading my life btw
I5 1.6 Ghz Quad-core
4GB RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Nvidia Geforce 720m

Sorry if i trouble you guys,i'm a newbie to this kind of thing,hope we can get along!
08-11-2013, 03:44 PM
(08-11-2013 01:51 PM)reshinkohou Wrote:  Hi guys,i new here so im sorry for inconvinience...
I just wanted to ask about the savedata that i copied from my PSP to PPSSPP that is not working,when i tried to load it, the game just bounce back to title screen (i save it in slot 2 in the game, a Male Character)
Its annoying though,cause when i tried my other savedata (in slot 3, a Female Character) i can play the game,even with the DLC included (JP DLC, USA game version) that i downloaded in the godeater wikia
Can you help me guys?

EDIT: The savedata shows "No Image" for all savedata of my avatar too,and i using the PPSSPP i downloaded in ppsspp.org, i think its version just say v0.8.1

Download the latest build from here (look under "Automated PPSSPP Builds"), CPkmn attempted to fix the issue but I can't guarantee you nothing.

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts
08-11-2013, 04:00 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2013 04:16 PM by CPkmn.)
(08-11-2013 01:51 PM)reshinkohou Wrote:  Hi guys,i new here so im sorry for inconvinience...
Can you help me guys?

JP DLC with non-JP versions will only cause problems, just warning you. If you want a the best experience with DLC in God Eater Burst, you should get the JP version.
And non-JP versions can't use DLC above v1.3 nor DLC characters (and probably not DLC clothing, not sure)...

(08-11-2013 03:44 PM)Gurlok Wrote:  Download the latest build from here (look under "Automated PPSSPP Builds"), CPkmn attempted to fix the issue but I can't guarantee you nothing.

If it doesn't work in v0.8.1 it won't work with my fix. v0.8.1 came before I submitted the first non-stub sceJpeg implementation (although it's still not very complete). The fixes I added basically turned it back into a stub if it failed to decode the jpeg.

Additionally, for those wondering about 1.4+ DLC compatibility with PPSSPP I've tested even more of them and they seem to all run fine. I've posted a screenshot of 鬼神竜帝 (lit. Demon Dragon Emperor) :

[Image: er0p.jpg]

I was busy yesterday reworking bezier curves (notice how my sky is shown) so I didn't get a chance to test a few of the 1.4+ DLC missions yet.
All I can say is this particular Karigyura is ridiculous, but I loved the challenge.
08-11-2013, 06:28 PM
You are doing a great job there, CPkmn. Out of curiosity, may I ask how good can you read japanese? I can only read hiragana and katakana, my knowledge to kanji is near to 0, which this game seems to relies 90% of the times, so I'm having a bit of hard time reading stuff. Also the gameplay doesn't seems so...fast placed, It seems that light and heavy combo can't be chained together am I wrong? I'm still at the beginning though.

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts
08-11-2013, 09:44 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2013 09:45 PM by reshinkohou.)
(08-11-2013 04:00 PM)CPkmn Wrote:  
Can you help me guys?

JP DLC with non-JP versions will only cause problems, just warning you. If you want a the best experience with DLC in God Eater Burst, you should get the JP version.
And non-JP versions can't use DLC above v1.3 nor DLC characters (and probably not DLC clothing, not sure)...

(08-11-2013 03:44 PM)Gurlok Wrote:  Download the latest build from here (look under "Automated PPSSPP Builds"), CPkmn attempted to fix the issue but I can't guarantee you nothing.

If it doesn't work in v0.8.1 it won't work with my fix. v0.8.1 came before I submitted the first non-stub sceJpeg implementation (although it's still not very complete). The fixes I added basically turned it back into a stub if it failed to decode the jpeg.

Additionally, for those wondering about 1.4+ DLC compatibility with PPSSPP I've tested even more of them and they seem to all run fine. I've posted a screenshot of 鬼神竜帝 (lit. Demon Dragon Emperor) :

[Image: er0p.jpg]

I was busy yesterday reworking bezier curves (notice how my sky is shown) so I didn't get a chance to test a few of the 1.4+ DLC missions yet.
All I can say is this particular Karigyura is ridiculous, but I loved the challenge.

Yeah,it does only up to v1.3 that worked in USA version,and up to that,the game crash
I didn't get the JP version cause i didn't understand the languange at all..
Well,i do change the DLC back to the USA version,but it wont solve it either, and its annoying for only letting me Load the Female Character data...
I use your suggestion using automated build ppsspp, and now i'm using v0.8.1-1173-ge03acc4,heres the result:
1.I didn't get the "No image" avatar anymore,but it changes to black avatar for my Male Character and Missing Charater avatar for my Female Character like...how to put the screenshot anyway?
2.When i load the female data the game brightness just go wild, i mean its too bright man!
Help anyone???

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Upgrading my life btw
I5 1.6 Ghz Quad-core
4GB RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Nvidia Geforce 720m

Sorry if i trouble you guys,i'm a newbie to this kind of thing,hope we can get along!
08-11-2013, 11:09 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2013 11:28 PM by CPkmn.)
(08-11-2013 06:28 PM)Gurlok Wrote:  You are doing a great job there, CPkmn. Out of curiosity, may I ask how good can you read japanese? I can only read hiragana and katakana, my knowledge to kanji is near to 0, which this game seems to relies 90% of the times, so I'm having a bit of hard time reading stuff. Also the gameplay doesn't seems so...fast placed, It seems that light and heavy combo can't be chained together am I wrong? I'm still at the beginning though.

I usually understand voices better than text, although when I need to understand some text I can't read I'll either look up the characters (since I don't have a japanese keyboard) and use a translit website (eg. 鬼神竜帝 -> oni shin ryu tei) to make an interpretation or I'll go with the god eater wikia if I feel lazy (although sometimes it's more difficult since they use names from the english version of the game which aren't always exact translations of the japanese names).

As for the gameplay speed, it's not supposed to be very fast when you use weapons on or below the rank of the aragami you're fighting. Swing twice with a light attack, then for the third strike use a heavy attack (or vice versa). Optionally the third strike can be replaced with devouring the aragami. Also check out some God Eater/Burst/2 gameplay to see if the game will get to a fighting pace you like.

(08-11-2013 09:44 PM)reshinkohou Wrote:  Yeah,it does only up to v1.3 that worked in USA version,and up to that,the game crash
I didn't get the JP version cause i didn't understand the languange at all..
Well,i do change the DLC back to the USA version,but it wont solve it either, and its annoying for only letting me Load the Female Character data...
I use your suggestion using automated build ppsspp, and now i'm using v0.8.1-1173-ge03acc4,heres the result:
1.I didn't get the "No image" avatar anymore,but it changes to black avatar for my Male Character and Missing Charater avatar for my Female Character like...how to put the screenshot anyway?
2.When i load the female data the game brightness just go wild, i mean its too bright man!
Help anyone???

Actually it was Gurlok's suggestion to use the latest build. I commented that if it didn't load with v0.8.1, it won't load with my fixes.

Turn off buffered rendering on the official build to fix the brightness. Some changes which fixed other games broke this one with buffered rendering enabled.