Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
iOS : the best mobile devices for gaming ???
09-19-2014, 06:57 AM (This post was last modified: 09-19-2014 07:01 AM by POGO4LIFE.)
iOS : the best mobile devices for gaming ???
With the 64bit processor on the a7 and a8 running Unreal 4 and being boosted by iOS 8's metal, the iOS platform has a clear edge over the competition including 3ds and vita.For example look at Asphalt 8 for iOS 8 metal, it looks better than any vita racing game.Modern Combat 5 got updated for iOS 8 metal and looks and plays better than Octo core Android versions.....is this a win for iOS ? Ppsspp runs at full speed on a iPhone 5s so imagine on iPhone 6 or 6plus....

I'm running Dante's inferno at more than full speed on my 5s ...all games are at full speed tekken 6,the gtas, peace walker ,Dissidia,killzone , Gow etc
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-19-2014, 12:10 PM
RE: iOS : the best mobile devices for gaming ???
I would say IOS has more good titles in its game library. But it’s not a big deal, cause, games created for phones are not as polished (I don’t mean graphically) as the games made for consoles. In other words, I prefer a million times to emulate Chrono Trigger than play Modern Combat 5.

Besides that, Android OS is more versatile, and you can stream PC games in your smartphone (using Kainy or Splashtop Gamepad). I finished Skyrim using my android! It was awesome!

There’s no way to say witch OS is better in the end!

I honestly prefer Android OS than IOS. Besides the cost reason, it is much more versatile!

I was an Xperia Play gamer until my dog ate my beloved phone!

Now I’m an Xperia ZL/ZQ gamer!
Quad-Core 1.5 GHZ
2GB RAM

It works better, but i miss the gamepad!! T_T'
09-19-2014, 01:40 PM
No much diferences from iPhone 5S.

iPhone 6/plus @1.4ghz ARMV8 64 bits. 1gb RAM

iPhone 5S @1.3ghz ARMV8 64 bits. 1gb RAM
09-19-2014, 02:58 PM
The a7 and a8 chip have a couple of differences and iOS 8 helps a lot.ios and android are equal platform but we know that a os optimized for the hardware is logically better in all ways.
It's just illogical that you deny this.lower specs and better performance for iOS.you can customize your jail broken 5s to the point where it operates almost identically to a Android device.I can stream PC games on iOS with crazyremote or splashtop and I can output at 1080p or 720p wirelessly with airplay and reflector(I find better than airplay)
09-19-2014, 03:37 PM (This post was last modified: 09-19-2014 03:41 PM by brujo55.)
This year will not buy a new iphone because 100 mhz doubt make much difference!! I will wait the next iphone 6S.
09-19-2014, 05:02 PM
It is true that the main difference is the screen size.I personally like where Android and iOS is going .i truly think that we will give dedicated portable gaming devices a run for their money
09-19-2014, 05:04 PM
Hey friend, don’t be upset! I know you love your Iphone, but you can’t say that it’s better and end of story (unless you are a fanboy).

I agree that a software made for a specific hardware is a plus, but anyways, if we talk about performance, my Xperia ZL (Kit Kat 4.4.4) has a better camera and runs applications that both systems share with the same speed or even better than my friend’s no jailbreaked Iphone 5. As the result, he sold his Iphone and got an Xperia too.

I don’t know if Iphone 5 is a top, but anyways, ZL isn’t either. You may say it’s due the hardware specs, and you may be right, but it dosen’t matter.

My point is, there’s not the “Best One” when we talk about great devices. There is the “favorite one”, based in your perception.

See yah

Quad-Core 1.5 GHZ
2GB RAM

09-19-2014, 05:04 PM (This post was last modified: 09-19-2014 05:13 PM by POGO4LIFE.)
Reicast,ppsspp,Dolphin and soon full os like winxp are going to run on our smartphones.
It won't be long before someone ports windows 8.1 to android and iOS ...

(09-19-2014 05:04 PM)heiwasan Wrote:  Hey friend, don’t be upset! I know you love your Iphone, but you can’t say that it’s better and end of story (unless you are a fanboy).

I agree that a software made for a specific hardware is a plus, but anyways, if we talk about performance, my Xperia ZL (Kit Kat 4.4.4) has a better camera and runs applications that both systems share with the same speed or even better than my friend’s no jailbreaked Iphone 5. As the result, he sold his Iphone and got an Xperia too.

I don’t know if Iphone 5 is a top, but anyways, ZL isn’t either. You may say it’s due the hardware specs, and you may be right, but it dosen’t matter.

My point is, there’s not the “Best One” when we talk about great devices. There is the “favorite one”, based in your perception.

See yah

I agree with the fact that it's an opinion.if you give me a galaxy s5, I will use it to the fullest of its capabilities.Im more of a Mobile fanboy vs vita/3ds because many of the fans of these consoles take our mobile gaming scene for a joke due to the aaa quality of their devices vs the likes of angry birds,emulators and copies from game loft.....

I see the mobile scene evolving and with iOS 8 metal, we will see Bioshock run on iOS just like the xbox 360 version! Real racing 3 is the best portable racing game with Asphalt 8(android and iOS).Games like The conduit on Android show that we have more than capable devices that are more powerful,portable and convenient than vita/3ds. all that's missing is a ps vita emulator(lol) and a 3ds emulator (hahahaha in my dreams) to put the final nail in the coffin and become number one portable gaming device.(android and iOS)

I highly suggest that you try a 32/64gb jailbroken iPhone 5s.its not bad at all....
09-19-2014, 05:15 PM (This post was last modified: 09-19-2014 05:16 PM by heiwasan.)
(09-19-2014 05:04 PM)POGO4LIFE Wrote:  I agree with the fact that it's an opinion.if you give me a galaxy s5, I will use it to the fullest of its capabilities.Im more of a Mobile fanboy vs vita/3ds because many of the fans of these consoles take our mobile gaming scene for a joke due to the aaa quality of their devices vs the likes of angry birds,emulators and copies from game loft.....

Don’t worry about that. Mobile consoles are going to have a slow and painful death! The Smartphone game market are going up day by day. I bet 100 bucks that there will not be a 3DS or Vita successor!!

(09-19-2014 05:04 PM)POGO4LIFE Wrote:  I highly suggest that you try a 32/64gb jailbroken iPhone 5s.its not bad at all....

I believe in you! Wink

Quad-Core 1.5 GHZ
2GB RAM

05-10-2015, 05:05 PM
Lotsa neckbeard here. First off - less video games, more school for some of you. When you can't manage to spell properly even with integrated spell checks, you have no business gaming.

Second, to the non English speaking folk (you know who you are) yes he can say iOS is superior because in the context in which he makes the claim, it is.

It performs better from a purely computational standpoint with less ram and fewer clock cycles. It's more powerful relative as well. Better is subjective, superior is not. Apple simply creates a more polished product with much more efficient hardware and software.

This is not up for debate, it's been tested time and time again.

In closing - reicast iOS must have stumped karen. Hopefully someone else picks it up, getting to be comical now. Robert broglia where art thou?
05-11-2015, 12:37 PM
With all respect, man! Don’t be an ass!

No one is obligated to master English here. Or you think everybody was born in USA or England? Be a man and respect the others!

About IOS vs. Android, opinions are exposed! No more to say!

Quad-Core 1.5 GHZ
2GB RAM