Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What's with the ARM JIT for PPSSPP Why Is It Terrible?
05-10-2015, 04:21 PM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2015 06:31 PM by vitality19.)
RE: What's with the ARM JIT for PPSSPP Why Is It Terrible?
(04-23-2015 02:12 AM)Anubis2048 Wrote:  Well, my phone has an ARM Cortex-A7 Quad core CPU that runs up to 1.40GHz
Mali-400MP GPU
1GB of RAM

Are these not good specifications for a phone to run PPSSPP? I have tried some games and it runs like crap, no matter what I do.

I recently bought Fly Evo Chic 3 (Chinese phone) with the same specs mentioned above except mali-400 mp2 and 1.3 ghz mediatek 6582m and resolution 960*540 that is almost exactly *2 PSP (resolution can influence fps so I tried to find a compromise while choosing), I also have old galaxy s single core with power vr 540 which stangely enough runs much better with an older firmware 2.3.3 and a custom kernel that adds 4-5 fps (cyanogen mod runs the same as this stock), the latest 2.3.5 is much slower even with custom kernel - hence the buggy drivers. I had a choice between mali-400 mp2 and power vr 544, so I chose the first cause I already have power vr and I heard that this gpu has some nasty bugs and the resolution was too big for these chinese power vr phones. As expected after testing several "heavy" games I found out that the new phone performs much better with Android 4.4.2 stock (+10 fps in tekken 5 practice mode, and a bit more with multi-threading), but I never experienced slow-mode with fall back to software, everything ran as it should, just faster than the old phone. Antutu benchmark gives me about 19000 points with the new phone.

Which games have you tested and what results did you get? I find it strange that it runs slow. Also what phone do you have exactly?

Samsung Captivate, Android 2.3.5 SAUROM, Corn Kernel v701
Fly Evo Chic 3, Android 4.4.2 Stock, improved stock kernel
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's with the ARM JIT for PPSSPP Why Is It Terrible? - vitality19 - 05-10-2015 04:21 PM