Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[Solved] ppsspp has stoped working on windows 8.1
03-15-2015, 06:44 AM (This post was last modified: 03-22-2015 06:06 PM by vnctdj.)
Exclamation [Solved] ppsspp has stoped working on windows 8.1
I have downloaded and extracted version 1.0.1
But when start the ppsspp it shows an error window...

PPSSPP has stoped working

Help me to run the application..
My pc's configuration are given below...

Processor Name: Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E6600 @ 3.06GHz

Video card Name: Intel® G41 Express Chipset (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)

Installed Memory: 2.00 GB DDR3
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-21-2015, 12:39 AM
RE: ppsspp has stoped working on windows 8.1
There are bugs in windows 8 it is recommemded that you downgrade your os to windows 7 for fully compatible
03-21-2015, 12:42 AM
(03-21-2015 12:39 AM)opera2235 Wrote:  There are bugs in windows 8 it is recommemded that you downgrade your os to windows 7 for fully compatible

What are you talking about, there is nothing in PPSSPP that is incompatible with Windows 8
03-21-2015, 01:33 AM
DId you update the driver? If you already done it, try go to ppsspp.ini and change GPUBackend = 1 to GPUBackend = 2

Old laptop: Lenovo G458
AMD/ATI Radeon HD 7310 | 1366x768@60Hz | APU E1-1200 Dual Core | 2.5 GB DDR3 400MHz | Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit

New laptop: Lenovo ideapad 100
Nvidia Geforce 920M 2GB / Intel HD Graphics 5500 | 1366x768@60Hz | Intel Core i3-5005U 2GB | 2GB DDR3 2000MHz | Window 10 Home 64-bit
03-21-2015, 03:35 AM (This post was last modified: 03-21-2015 03:40 AM by sam.bd.)
Exclamation RE: ppsspp has stoped working on windows 8.1
(03-21-2015 01:33 AM)Accel Wrote:  DId you update the driver? If you already done it, try go to ppsspp.ini and change GPUBackend = 1 to GPUBackend = 2

When I try to update my driver it says my driver is already up to date...

and another thing is that there is no ppsspp.ini file in the folder....

Kindly check attachments..

(03-21-2015 12:39 AM)opera2235 Wrote:  There are bugs in windows 8 it is recommemded that you downgrade your os to windows 7 for fully compatible

I don't want to turn back to windows 7. I have seen some people useing ppsspp in windows 8.1. I want to find out my problem. If I fail then I will think to turn back to windows 7....
03-21-2015, 05:36 AM
Unfortunately, PPSSPP and Intel GPUs (especially not recent ones) don't get along all that well.

1. Extract that entire zip to some folder on your desktop or where ever you want.
2. Make sure it still crashes running this way; you shouldn't be running it from inside the zip.
3. Create a folder inside the extracted folder with the name "memstick".
4. Create a folder inside memstick named "PSP".
5. Create another folder inside there named "SYSTEM".
6. Now, click in the address bar in the window, which will change to selectable text. It should end with SYSTEM. Copy it.
7. Open Notepad, and then (even though it's blank) go to Save As...
8. In the dialog that comes up, type a " (double quote mark), then paste the path, then type \ppsspp.ini" (starting with a \ and ending with a ", just like that.)
9. Now confirm with Save. You now have a correctly named ppsspp.ini (this process prevents Notepad from adding .txt, etc.)
10. Almost there. Paste into Notepad:

[Graphics]
GPUBackend = 1

11. Now, don't forget to save again. This time just use File -> Save.
12. Go back to the folder you extracted ppsspp to (NOT the zip), and run it from there.

I know, it seems like a long 12 step process, but it goes quick.

-[Unknown]
03-22-2015, 12:35 AM
the directx in windows 8 is not stable yet theres a possibility that it may fc so try the opengl by going to ppsspp\memstick\PSP\SYSTEM\ppspp.ini and change GPUBackend = 1 to GPUBackend = 2
03-22-2015, 02:21 AM
Err, I meant 2, yes.

The statement above about Windows 8 and DirectX or OpenGL will vary wildly by card. I think it's more appropriate to say this:

When using an old video card, you may experience more problems on more recent versions of operating systems, such as Windows 8. This is because these newer drivers are likely not as well tested with or as compatible with old video cards. This will depend on the quality control of the company who produced your video card and its drivers.

In my case, I'm using an NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT. This card is probably only around 5 - 6 years old now, but I do not expect to encounter crashes using any backend (DirectX or OpenGL) on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1. It's no less stable anywhere. But results will vary for other manufacturers and ages of video card.

-[Unknown]
03-22-2015, 04:58 AM
(03-22-2015 02:21 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Err, I meant 2, yes.

The statement above about Windows 8 and DirectX or OpenGL will vary wildly by card. I think it's more appropriate to say this:

When using an old video card, you may experience more problems on more recent versions of operating systems, such as Windows 8. This is because these newer drivers are likely not as well tested with or as compatible with old video cards. This will depend on the quality control of the company who produced your video card and its drivers.

In my case, I'm using an NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT. This card is probably only around 5 - 6 years old now, but I do not expect to encounter crashes using any backend (DirectX or OpenGL) on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1. It's no less stable anywhere. But results will vary for other manufacturers and ages of video card.

-[Unknown]

Not solved yet... Now got another error message...

In first message it ask to upgrade my directX bt I am using directX version 11
If I press yes to switch to DriectX 9 it shows another erros window...

And finally...

03-22-2015, 06:34 AM
You do not actually have DirectX 9 installed. I realize this can be a bit confusing, but DirectX 9 and DirectX 11 are different things.

With most software, a new version replaces the old version (like, say, most sports games.) But, with DirectX, in this case, it's more like Final Fantasy. Both are unique and separate. Just because you've played Final Fantasy 13 doesn't mean it's not worth trying Final Fantasy 10.

Windows 8 doesn't come with DirectX 9 fully pre-installed anymore. Also, you may or may not actually have a fully up-to-date DirectX install.

Try this:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...aspx?id=35

If it doesn't work, try this:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...px?id=8109

Note that for other games that use DirectX 9, you would also have to install this in Windows 8. It just doesn't come with it anymore.

-[Unknown]
03-22-2015, 05:25 PM
Thumbs Up RE: ppsspp has stoped working on windows 8.1
(03-22-2015 06:34 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  You do not actually have DirectX 9 installed. I realize this can be a bit confusing, but DirectX 9 and DirectX 11 are different things.

With most software, a new version replaces the old version (like, say, most sports games.) But, with DirectX, in this case, it's more like Final Fantasy. Both are unique and separate. Just because you've played Final Fantasy 13 doesn't mean it's not worth trying Final Fantasy 10.

Windows 8 doesn't come with DirectX 9 fully pre-installed anymore. Also, you may or may not actually have a fully up-to-date DirectX install.

Try this:
--------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------
Note that for other games that use DirectX 9, you would also have to install this in Windows 8. It just doesn't come with it anymore.

-[Unknown]

Problem solved! Thanks [Unknown] and others to help me... Big Grin
03-22-2015, 06:06 PM
RE: [Solved] ppsspp has stoped working on windows 8.1
Thread's title updated.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
03-24-2015, 06:51 PM (This post was last modified: 03-24-2015 06:58 PM by Meandia.)
i have an Intel Core i5 | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 719M | Windows 8.1 *64bit assus and i have the same errors what do i do
??????
03-24-2015, 11:06 PM
(03-24-2015 06:51 PM)Meandia Wrote:  i have an Intel Core i5 | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 719M | Windows 8.1 *64bit assus and i have the same errors what do i do
??????

(03-22-2015 06:34 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  You do not actually have DirectX 9 installed. I realize this can be a bit confusing, but DirectX 9 and DirectX 11 are different things.

Try this:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...aspx?id=35

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...px?id=8109

-[Unknown]
03-26-2015, 06:45 PM
(03-24-2015 11:06 PM)GamerzHell9137 Wrote:  
(03-24-2015 06:51 PM)Meandia Wrote:  i have an Intel Core i5 | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 719M | Windows 8.1 *64bit assus and i have the same errors what do i do
??????

Try this:
-------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------

-[Unknown]
Still dont work
!!!!!HELP