Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Games won't work correctly (Android) (Maybe because of Intel processor?)
03-10-2015, 06:41 PM
Games won't work correctly (Android) (Maybe because of Intel processor?)
Hello, y'all! I'd like to report a problem that I currently have with my ASUS ZenFone 5. So, PPSSPP's initial menu works just okay, but I cannot play any games correctly.

First, for the specs:

Model: ASUS ZenFone 5
Processor: Intel Atom 1.6 GHz Dual Core (Possible cause of problem?)
RAM: 2 GBs
Memory: 8 GBs
Region: Brazil

So, as I said, I tried to run multiple games, but none worked. First, I tried Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon, then Megaman X Maverick Hunter, and lastly, GTA Liberty City Stories. Innocent Life worked, but after the first cutscene, after the character naming part, PPSSPP froze and refused to do anything, and even showed the notification box saying that PPSSPP stopped working and asked to close it, although the music was playing normally in the background. Megaman froze in the exact same way, although that it was after the screen to install some extra files. At this point, I thought it was because those files are incompatible, so I gave it my last shot: I tried GTA LCS. Did it work? Well, if you don't care on playing with invisible models and no text boxes, then of course! Yes, every model was invisible (cutscenes being exceptions) and the game was running at 15 FPS, if I'm right, and that on slow motion, not lag. I don't think it's my phone's GPU, as it ran GTA San Andreas (official android port) on high at 30~45 FPS. I decided to do some research here before posting this, and from what I saw, it was pratically fixed. I saw some stuff on changing some configuration files on the phone, but I fear that this may cause the phone to brick.

Is there anything that may fix this issue, or even implement support for the ZenFone/Intel processors? I can offer myself for beta testing, if necessary.

Thanks for reading!

By the way, sorry if I posted in the wrong section.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-20-2015, 06:50 AM
RE: Games won't work correctly (Android) (Maybe because of Intel processor?)
Might be Zenfone, as my Intel Atom based Asus Tablet can run PPSSPP at full speed, much much better than any Android phone could hope to do. I believe this may be a device specific issue as my Asus tablet can run PPSSPP just fine.
Specs :
Quad-Core 1.8GHz Intel Atom CPU
Intel BayTrail GPU
1GB of RAM
16GB of flash-like storage(much faster read and write speeds than a MicroSD)

Sorry for your luck man, my phone can barely run PPSSPP so I know your pain.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply