Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
On screen touch controls
02-22-2015, 12:09 AM (This post was last modified: 02-22-2015 12:48 AM by Jayce.)
On screen touch controls
I disabled on screen touch controls on a game as I was trying to do a good print screen but turns out i can't enable it back due to no on screen touch controls on the game screen. I tried fixing it with the main ppsspp settings but the game has a created settings config so it doesn't connect. Note : im using an iphone, i got no pc here. Ive also tried re installing but didnt work.

Need help on what should I do. Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-22-2015, 01:00 AM
RE: On screen touch controls
(02-22-2015 12:09 AM)Jayce Wrote:  I disabled on screen touch controls on a game as I was trying to do a good print screen but turns out i can't enable it back due to no on screen touch controls on the game screen. I tried fixing it with the main ppsspp settings but the game has a created settings config so it doesn't connect.

Delete the XXXXXXXXX_ppsspp.ini file connected to that game in question and that will reset controls back to default (Touch screen activated).
Its found in /mnt/sdcard/PSP/SYSTEM - on my device anyway, hopefully is in a similar place on yours. Cool
02-22-2015, 09:19 AM
you can also long-touch on the game icon to reach the per-game settings without starting the game (you can also delete the config there).
02-22-2015, 09:46 AM
(02-22-2015 09:19 AM)Bigpet Wrote:  you can also long-touch on the game icon to reach the per-game settings without starting the game (you can also delete the config there).

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat!? I didn't know we could do that haha.

Thanks bro, you have save my life. I can now rest in peace.
02-22-2015, 07:39 PM (This post was last modified: 02-22-2015 07:50 PM by The Phoenix.)
Shocked RE: On screen touch controls
Even I had forgotten about that screen, I am an idiot, thanks Bigpet Blush

In fact could the developers place the following text on the game selection screen, "Tap game icon to launch game or Touch & hold icon to select game options."

Just so that everyone knows its available., if required.
02-22-2015, 08:57 PM
seems very long, it's fine as is I think. For android you can reach that screen with the back button just fine and I don't know if iOS allows to react on its button but that would work better than displaying some long message, seems like a waste of space to me
02-22-2015, 09:20 PM (This post was last modified: 02-22-2015 09:21 PM by vnctdj.)
Or at least make it appear as the "Press ESC to open the pause menu." message appears at game launch when it's the first time you open PPSSPP.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
02-23-2015, 07:21 AM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2015 08:04 AM by TheDax.)
(02-22-2015 12:09 AM)Jayce Wrote:  I disabled on screen touch controls on a game as I was trying to do a good print screen but turns out i can't enable it back due to no on screen touch controls on the game screen. I tried fixing it with the main ppsspp settings but the game has a created settings config so it doesn't connect. Note : im using an iphone, i got no pc here. Ive also tried re installing but didnt work.

That sounds like a bug to me. If I remember correctly, the iOS, Symbian, and Maemo versions are always supposed to show the menu touchscreen button (circle with a little arrow), even if you disable all of the other controls.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
02-23-2015, 08:26 AM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2015 08:27 AM by TheDax.)
This should be fixed once newer builds start coming out for iOS/Symbian/Maemo. The trade-off is that you can no longer hide the menu button at all (only on iOS/Symbian/Maemo, that is); instead, it's always shown regardless of touch control visibility.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
02-25-2015, 02:44 PM
Or at least put a small button or something in the edges or corner when you disable the touch controls, so there would be an easier way of enabling it back rather than restarting the app.

Anyways thanks for the feedback guys and keep up the good work, mods and devs! :>