Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PPSSPP PC tutorial
03-01-2015, 11:34 AM
PPSSPP PC tutorial
Hi guys I recently found out about PPSSPP but I'm not sure how to use it. I use to own a PSP so I would like to play some of old games with friends again. Can anyone give me a tutorial on how to use it? Especially how do you guys play fast paced games that need alot of camera control like Monster Hunter and God Eater? Do I need to buy a special controller to play? Also what sites do you guys download your games from and how do you install games? And can you play online? Sorry I'm really noob at this. Thks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2015, 12:05 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2015 12:08 PM by vnctdj.)
RE: PPSSPP PC tutorial
Yes, it's recommended to use a gamepad for fast paced games that need a lot of camera control like Monster Hunter games, unless you're really good at using your keyboard to play Wink
You can use any gamepad, but I think that using a PC gamepad is the easiest.

Downloading games is considered piracy, and piracy is not allowed on our forum. You need to rip your UMDs in order to create your own .iso files.

About multiplayer, you should take a look at the corresponding sub-forum, but please take note that this feature is still experimental.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
03-01-2015, 12:18 PM
I have a X360 controller with USB will that work? Sorry I wasn't aware about the piracy issue.
03-01-2015, 12:39 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2015 12:39 PM by vnctdj.)
I haven't tested myself as I don't own this gamepad but if I remember correctly people don't have any problem using it Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
03-01-2015, 02:43 PM
I've been using a wireless X360 controller with PPSSPP since I started with it, and it seems to work just fine for me. Camera control hasn't been a problem either, but that's always gonna be better on a good controller when compared to the tiny PSP nub. Do keep in mind that this is all on PC though; running this on a phone or tablet via USB OTG might work (not sure if PPSSPP supports that), but I have no experience with that.

As for using PPSSPP, assuming you have the PC version running, it's pretty much as easy as extracting the emulator somewhere and then selecting an ISO or CSO with it from somewhere on your system. Make a quick pass by the controls settings before you start your first game, and you should be good to go. You can then make further tweaks later if you find that your game is consistently at 60fps (and could use some graphics enhancements) or it's running a bit slow.