Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gamepad not properly detected by Emu.
02-27-2015, 08:04 PM
Exclamation Gamepad not properly detected by Emu.
So, I'm using the last build of PPSSPP (1.0.1) on my Ubuntu 14.04 32 bits, and I'm having an issue with PPSSPP not properly working with my Ps2 controller w/ adapter. The controller works perfectly on others emulators, but only on PPSSPP he is not detected (1.0), and in the last build I'm using, when I press Circle, it appears as a PAD_DOWN, I press Triangle, and appears PAD_UP, and this happens on both the QT and SDL versions. Any help will be aprecciated. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2015, 02:25 AM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2015 02:26 AM by The Phoenix.)
Information RE: Gamepad not properly detected by Emu.
(02-27-2015 08:04 PM)AnonLolicon Wrote:  So, I'm using the last build of PPSSPP (1.0.1) on my Ubuntu 14.04 32 bits, and I'm having an issue with PPSSPP not properly working with my Ps2 controller w/ adapter. The controller works perfectly on others emulators, but only on PPSSPP he is not detected (1.0), and in the last build I'm using, when I press Circle, it appears as a PAD_DOWN, I press Triangle, and appears PAD_UP, and this happens on both the QT and SDL versions. Any help will be aprecciated. Smile
Hi there,
Go to Settings / Controls tab - press on Control mapping, look down the list of keys on the left side, press on the X at the far right to clear that mapping, then press on the small + to change the key to whatever it should be, which in this case, is O on your PS2 pad.
BTW......Make sure the analogue light is lit up on the PS2 pad when doing this, to make sure the analogue axis's are activated.

Hope that helps. Cool
02-28-2015, 03:28 AM
RE: Gamepad not properly detected by Emu.
(02-28-2015 02:25 AM)The Phoenix Wrote:  Hi there,
Go to Settings / Controls tab - press on Control mapping, look down the list of keys on the left side, press on the X at the far right to clear that mapping, then press on the small + to change the key to whatever it should be, which in this case, is O on your PS2 pad.
BTW......Make sure the analogue light is lit up on the PS2 pad when doing this, to make sure the analogue axis's are activated.

Hope that helps. Cool

Thanks for the reply, but my problem is not that, sorry if I didn't explained better. My problem is: Whenever I map a button on PPSSPP, example, for Circle, I try pressing Circle on my Controller, but the emulator interpreted as if I had pressed Down on D-Pad (I tested with Analog On/Off).
This happen only on my Linux, but on Windows, this doesn't happen, I press Circle, and in the emulator appears Circle.
Of course, this problem occurs too with Triangle, Square and Cross on my Controller, but only on PPSSPP, others emulators don't happen this stuff Sad

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-28-2015, 06:54 AM
(02-27-2015 08:04 PM)AnonLolicon Wrote:  So, I'm using the last build of PPSSPP (1.0.1) on my Ubuntu 14.04 32 bits, and I'm having an issue with PPSSPP not properly working with my Ps2 controller w/ adapter. The controller works perfectly on others emulators, but only on PPSSPP he is not detected (1.0), and in the last build I'm using, when I press Circle, it appears as a PAD_DOWN, I press Triangle, and appears PAD_UP, and this happens on both the QT and SDL versions. Any help will be aprecciated. Smile

i dont know answer to ur question but i know the solution to it
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=12513

Try AntiMicro graphical program used to map keyboard keys and mouse controls to a gamepad/controller.
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=12513
or http://www.x360ce.com
02-28-2015, 06:01 PM
(02-28-2015 06:54 AM)ZeroX4 Wrote:  i dont know answer to ur question but i know the solution to it
forums.pps spp.org/showthread.php?tid=12513

Thanks for the help, I did know about Antimicro, but I was expecting for someone to fix this bug, because Antimicro is buggy (At least for me) Tongue
Well, I thinks there's no other way unless I use Antimicro :v
02-28-2015, 07:38 PM
Information RE: Gamepad not properly detected by Emu.
(02-28-2015 06:01 PM)AnonLolicon Wrote:  
(02-28-2015 06:54 AM)ZeroX4 Wrote:  i dont know answer to ur question but i know the solution to it
forums.pps spp.org/showthread.php?tid=12513

Thanks for the help, I did know about Antimicro, but I was expecting for someone to fix this bug, because Antimicro is buggy (At least for me) Tongue
Well, I thinks there's no other way unless I use Antimicro :v

A new version of Anti micro had been released yesterday on EmuCr.com, and so may of fixed the bugs you mention, give it a shot. Cool