Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Breath of Fire 3 FPS
02-16-2015, 02:32 PM
Breath of Fire 3 FPS
Hi All,

First off - love this ppsspp app - Where has it been all my life !!

I'm playing Breath of Fire 3 at the moment (nostalgia aaahh) however running into an annoying issue.

Basically, I manage to get between 30-32fps normally as in walking around, combat and some areas of the world map. However during combat (either when there are more than a couple of enemies) or certain areas of the map/world map my fps drops to 20-25 which causes the audio to stutter and crack.

Has anyone here played this game with near perfect settings or have some ideas on what I can change check in the settings?

I'm running ppsspp 1.0 on my ipod touch 5th gen 8.1

Like I said, it runs really well however these niggly issues are annoying. I am happy to play without sound, but would prefer sound if I can make it work Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-16-2015, 04:27 PM
RE: Breath of Fire 3 FPS
You may need to use from frameskipping.
02-16-2015, 07:59 PM
Moved.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
04-18-2015, 04:10 PM
(02-16-2015 02:32 PM)jambo2015 Wrote:  Hi All,

First off - love this ppsspp app - Where has it been all my life !!

I'm playing Breath of Fire 3 at the moment (nostalgia aaahh) however running into an annoying issue.

Basically, I manage to get between 30-32fps normally as in walking around, combat and some areas of the world map. However during combat (either when there are more than a couple of enemies) or certain areas of the map/world map my fps drops to 20-25 which causes the audio to stutter and crack.

Has anyone here played this game with near perfect settings or have some ideas on what I can change check in the settings?

I'm running ppsspp 1.0 on my ipod touch 5th gen 8.1

Like I said, it runs really well however these niggly issues are annoying. I am happy to play without sound, but would prefer sound if I can make it work Smile
If you want great audio, enable auto frameskip. Have you tried enabling multi-threading? Usually it gives you more performance according to my experience.

Ryzen 5 1600 @3.8Ghz
Sapphire Nitro+ RX480 @1.4Ghz
---------------------------------------------
Nokia 8 - Snapdragon 835