Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Don't see each other in the game?
02-14-2015, 05:45 PM
Don't see each other in the game?
We're using tunngle and I'm the host, ports are open and everything.

We've tried 3 games so far: Dissidia, Tales of VS, Monster Hunter 3rd.

I can see in the server log that we both connect and join the same lobby but we do not see each others rooms, I'm not sure what causes this considering we're supposed to be connected and looking at the same room.

Thanks in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2015, 07:17 PM
RE: Don't see each other in the game?
I guess u are using version 1.0 higher that comes with broken adhoc support. you will either have to wait until they fix it in new version or downgrade your ppsspp version to 0.9.8 or lower
03-10-2015, 02:17 AM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2015 02:17 AM by wamuzu.)
We are indeed using 1.0. I didn't know 1.0+ had broken ad-hoc, so thanks for the information.
03-10-2015, 09:56 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2015 10:04 PM by wthenry.)
I managed to play MHFU with a friend over the net (without Hamachi or any VPN) and even in LAN with my PSP with the v1.0.1.

For it to work, you both need to have the exactly same IP in the networking settings/ppsspp.ini (or in the server.txt, for PSP).

For LAN with PSP, it has no secret: put the host's internal IP and it should work fine. I see there's a tutorial for it in the forums, so there's no need to explain it here in detail.

To play with my friend, who lives in another state, I first needed to change the WAN settings in my router to Bridge Mode (it makes the router works like a regular modem, providing internet to only one device). Then I put my external IP and told my friend to connect to it too and everything worked fine.

::EDIT::
I should mention that Bridge Mode will require setting up a PPPoE connection in the computer for it to work (and to access the router again). So I don't recommend it if you don't know your ISP username and password.