Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
random black screen
02-09-2015, 06:37 AM
random black screen
not sure if this is the right section for tech supportConfused if it isn't, i apologize and if possible can any of the mods move it to somewhere appropriate.

sometimes when i play some of the game's graphics turns into black boxes which actually gets fixed by changing between buffered/non buffered rendering, but after a while it wont work anymore, it either goes full black screen or partial black screen where parts of the game's graphics are black boxes or invisible with the screen flickering. it even starts affecting other games that i never had trouble running, everything goes back to normal though once i restart my pc.

i've tried fiddling with the options (fast memory, multithreading etc. the usual culprit for these games: fftype-0 and phantasy star portable 2)but to no avail. i remember using ppsspp on this pc around july/august last year and had little to no trouble playing anything. does anyone have any idea what might be causing the problem?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2015, 06:59 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2015 07:01 AM by Bigpet.)
RE: random black screen
I would assume that it's some driver issue. Maybe make a debug log to see if the opengl call return some errors (by adding "--log=C:\path\to\logfile.txt" to the PPSSPP arguments) and try the Direct3D backend (or update you OS to something from this decade Tongue)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply