Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anime dubbed into American English
02-06-2015, 08:59 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2015 09:13 PM by ZeroX4.)
RE: Anime dubbed into American English
let me use naruto as example

1st i watched japan version with english subs
then i watched few english episodes in english on cartoon network

and now what strikes me 1st is fact of i get used to jap naruto voice even so many scenes are just so god dam JAPAN and characters movements gesticulations and even face mimic even with english dub almost make u wish it was in japan or even more it just feel it should be japan and u get feeling something is missing

im not really anime fan or whatever for me its just cartoons i watch them from time to time but what is important to me is the content

animes are usually made with this kind of effort that every piece counts to make them 1 whole value of entertainment

and pulling 1 thing out of it and replacing with another is like lets say imagine Mario Kart game with mussic from lets say Tekken

does it sound bad? nope will it sound good? well even if u like music from tekken you will feel something is just not right here

but regardless of that i just dont give a $#!t i just wanna watch it and see whats there
but to stay with series for a long time or keep attention to it and enjoy all it have to offer it should drag ur attention with everything and having a feeling something is not right just dont help

other story is when u are a fan then it can be even no sound at all and you will still watch it

so in my opinion answer to your question is dependable on what type of audience is person who will answer it

i watched whole dragon ball saga dubbed to french which then had polish voice lector (im from poland) and i dint feel the pain even so i seen many scenes are so much japanese

but that was just cause i was interested in story and not in content

but as for naruto or recently what i seen attack on titan which both i seen with japan voice acting and english subs and then with english dubs are for me mario kart with tekken music in it kinda thing

its not bad i like that music i like that game i still can play it but i just feel something is not right here

if u wanna me to put it even more simple

its like every 1 have one or few songs we like and we like or even love all sounds of in it but sometimes in that 1 god damn song there is 1 part where you just miss something like extra or lauder sound of something

you dont hate it because of that its just even so u enjoy it you just feel something is not right here

here is perfect example of what i mean

this anime is named basara i did not watched even a single episode of it

i did see this clip like 5 years ago by accident and i just love it idk why idk what it have in it but its just perfect
(i did see basara intro and run in to this video while was searching for better quality of that intro)

from what i seen on youtube this guy is called masamune or wtf whatever

and in this anime which is japan voice acting he have many lines in this english with japanese accent and it just work so much god dam good

and so long story shorts i just seen it 1 time then i had in mind that PUT YA GUNS ON

and so i ended up searching it again on youtube and adding to favorites video named PUT YA GUNS ON FOR 10 MINUTES

now imagine seeing that episode with this very short line made by english dubd voice acting

do you think it would have same magic in it or would it be able to draw ur attention?

Try AntiMicro graphical program used to map keyboard keys and mouse controls to a gamepad/controller.
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=12513
or http://www.x360ce.com
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anime dubbed into American English - ZeroX4 - 02-06-2015 08:59 PM