Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PPSSPP 1.0
02-05-2015, 02:46 AM
RE: PPSSPP 1.0
(02-05-2015 01:48 AM)LG Fanatic Wrote:  
(02-03-2015 11:04 PM)LegendOfAB Wrote:  2 quick questions...

Was this version released on Cydia for IOS? And is it possible to use Controllers For All with PPSSPP? I want to connect my Wii U Pro controller.

To your second question, you can use bluetooth controllers and usb controllers(if your device supports usb otg) with ppsspp. Connecting a Wii U Pro controller might be tricky especially if your device is running Android 4.3 or newer. What device are you using ppsspp with?

Henrik and to all those who contributed in PPSSPP's development, thank you! To able to replay old favorites and discover new games has been a blast. Thanks again for all your hard work and dedication. Big Grin

Not an Android, an IPhone 5s. I realize there's a lot less Iphone users than Android, but i figured it was worth a shot.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2015, 04:22 AM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2015 04:23 AM by LG Fanatic.)
(02-05-2015 02:46 AM)LegendOfAB Wrote:  

Was this version released on Cydia for IOS? And is it possible to use Controllers For All with PPSSPP? I want to connect my Wii U Pro controller.

To your second question, you can use bluetooth controllers and usb controllers(if your device supports usb otg) with ppsspp. Connecting a Wii U Pro controller might be tricky especially if your device is running Android 4.3 or newer. What device are you using ppsspp with?

Not an Android, an IPhone 5s. I realize there's a lot less Iphone users than Android, but i figured it was worth a shot.

Whoops. I missed that part about ios. Apparently one can in fact connect a wii u pro controller to a jailbroken iphone with that tweak you mentioned(Control for all). Have you tried the controller with previous versions of PPSSPP?
02-05-2015, 04:25 AM
I updated PPSSPP to 1.0 a couple of days ago, and now PPSSPP doesn't recognize my gamepad button configuration. With version 0.9.9.1 I setup all PSP buttons and can play Mortal Kombat Unchained without problems. Now, with 1.0, button configuration stills in settings screen, but when I start the game, none of my gamepad buttons work. I tried with "Clear all" and "Default all" options, but none of these works.

I tested my gamepad with other games and emulators, and works perfectly, so I think this is a PPSSPP 1.0 problem.

is there any way to fix that? Or do I need to wait for PPSSPP 1.0.1?
02-05-2015, 04:39 AM
(02-05-2015 04:25 AM)daniloquispe Wrote:  I updated PPSSPP to 1.0 a couple of days ago, and now PPSSPP doesn't recognize my gamepad button configuration. With version 0.9.9.1 I setup all PSP buttons and can play Mortal Kombat Unchained without problems. Now, with 1.0, button configuration stills in settings screen, but when I start the game, none of my gamepad buttons work. I tried with "Clear all" and "Default all" options, but none of these works.

I tested my gamepad with other games and emulators, and works perfectly, so I think this is a PPSSPP 1.0 problem.

Do you have per-game settings for the game enabled? Because the game-specific settings include the controller config
02-05-2015, 05:00 AM
(02-05-2015 04:39 AM)Bigpet Wrote:  
(02-05-2015 04:25 AM)daniloquispe Wrote:  I updated PPSSPP to 1.0 a couple of days ago, and now PPSSPP doesn't recognize my gamepad button configuration. With version 0.9.9.1 I setup all PSP buttons and can play Mortal Kombat Unchained without problems. Now, with 1.0, button configuration stills in settings screen, but when I start the game, none of my gamepad buttons work. I tried with "Clear all" and "Default all" options, but none of these works.

Do you have per-game settings for the game enabled? Because the game-specific settings include the controller config

Nope, I use only general settings for all games.
02-05-2015, 11:36 AM
(02-05-2015 04:22 AM)LG Fanatic Wrote:  
(02-05-2015 02:46 AM)LegendOfAB Wrote:  

Whoops. I missed that part about ios. Apparently one can in fact connect a wii u pro controller to a jailbroken iphone with that tweak you mentioned(Control for all). Have you tried the controller with previous versions of PPSSPP?

Nope, haven't bought the controller tweak yet. I may just end up taking the plunge and trying it for myself. But there's still one thing i'm worried about: There's lingering reports of the second analog stick on various controllers not working when you push it in a certain direction (i'm fairly certain it's an IOS only issue.) I'm wondering if it still hasn't been fixed yet.
02-05-2015, 12:09 PM

Is this on PC or Android? What gamepad are you using? We've changed very little of the gamepad code since 0.9.9.1 as far as I can recall, so I don't know why it would stop working..
02-05-2015, 01:58 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2015 01:58 PM by ZeroX4.)

if this is pc then

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=12513

Try AntiMicro graphical program used to map keyboard keys and mouse controls to a gamepad/controller.
or http://www.x360ce.com
02-05-2015, 03:10 PM
(02-05-2015 01:58 PM)ZeroX4 Wrote:  

if this is pc then

(link removed because this forum says that I "cannot post clickable links to this forun threads and posts") :|

Yes, I use PPSSPP in my GNU/Linux PC (Ubuntu GNOME). My gamepad is a Logitech Dual Action gamepad.

But now the question is: Why do I need now an external software (Antimicro) ONLY for my gamepad AND PPSSPP 1.0 if with version 0.9.9.1 (and with any other game/emulator) my gamepad works PERFECTLY without any external software?
02-05-2015, 03:41 PM
(02-05-2015 12:09 PM)Henrik Wrote:  

Is this on PC or Android? What gamepad are you using? We've changed very little of the gamepad code since 0.9.9.1 as far as I can recall, so I don't know why it would stop working..

I also encountered this problem. I am using PC, Lubuntu 14.04. The controller in question is Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2.
02-05-2015, 04:16 PM
(02-05-2015 03:10 PM)daniloquispe Wrote:  
(02-05-2015 01:58 PM)ZeroX4 Wrote:  

if this is pc then

(link removed because this forum says that I "cannot post clickable links to this forun threads and posts") :|

Yes, I use PPSSPP in my GNU/Linux PC (Ubuntu GNOME). My gamepad is a Logitech Dual Action gamepad.

But now the question is: Why do I need now an external software (Antimicro) ONLY for my gamepad AND PPSSPP 1.0 if with version 0.9.9.1 (and with any other game/emulator) my gamepad works PERFECTLY without any external software?

look u dont need atnimicro u can stay with not working pad on ppsspp if u got any problem with using antimicro

i dont know why ur pad stopped working i just provided you with solution that would help you IN THIS MOMENT patch ur problem

and 1st try it then ask why u need it

i remember when i 1st time used program like that i was mad i even need to run external program to control game or emulator

now im mad when i cant configure pad profile for some game or emulator

and to tell you the truth just try it give it a chance when you wont need any more configurations of ur controls in emulators or games cause u will do it only once in ur life with antimicro and not any update will be able to destroy ur setting then maybe ur mind will change

Try AntiMicro graphical program used to map keyboard keys and mouse controls to a gamepad/controller.
or http://www.x360ce.com
02-05-2015, 06:58 PM
All i want is that buffered rendering should be fast as non-buffered rendering
02-05-2015, 07:26 PM
Well, buffered rendering involves the game using buffers for various purposes. It has to copy between and texture from these buffers, all of which is disabled and skipped in non-buffered rendering.

It's hard to make something that does more things as fast as something that doesn't do them. It's like if we both left for the same destination at the same time, but you had to pick up groceries, dry cleaning, and cash on the way and I didn't. Good luck beating me.

Higher resolutions multiply the cost of these errands buffered rendering does along the way, exponentially. 3x PSP takes nine times as much work as 1x PSP. So, try 1x and it may be close to non-buffered rendering (really, "buffers ignored rendering".) But it will probably still not be as good, because buffered-rendering will still have to do the extra trips.

Note that these extra errands are why you don't get graphical glitches when using buffered rendering though. If no one picks up the groceries, dry cleaning, or cash, you've gotta live without them for the night. But sure, it's faster not to bother getting them.

-[Unknown]
02-06-2015, 04:03 PM
So, is this a thing for everyone or just me?
With 1.0, NONE of my games are playable. I keep getting black screens on every game I try to start up whether it be on either of the PPSSPP applications.
This same thing happens with the older versions too.
Is it that PPSSPP isn't working for a lot of games right now or what?
02-06-2015, 04:31 PM
Try changing frameskip to 0 or rendering mode to buffered rendering. Also, try changing internal resolution and hw scaler to 1x PSP.

If that doesn't work, there's a place under system where you can reset your settings to defaults.

-[Unknown]