Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PS3 controller keeps disconnecting issue in PPSSPP in iphone 5s ios 8.1.2
01-25-2015, 02:08 PM (This post was last modified: 01-25-2015 02:12 PM by PrPrince90p.)
PS3 controller keeps disconnecting issue in PPSSPP in iphone 5s ios 8.1.2
After jailbreaking I installed following tweaks PPSSPP(dev-letest) and controller for all version 1.5 I also used six axis pair tool on windows for pairing my controller. But even then when I launch PPSSPP, A pop up appears saying controller connected and then lights on ps3 controller keeps on blinking. Then eventually they all stop blinking. And then PPSSPP pop up appears saying controller disconnected. What should I do ? I am helpless. I have tried almost everything. I reinstalled all above tweaks. Even replaced my controller. the problem still persists. I would really appreciate some help. PS- my controller is redgear ps3 controller. It says it has six axis support.. I am not using original sony ps3 controller.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-30-2015, 11:05 PM
RE: PS3 controller keeps disconnecting issue in PPSSPP in iphone 5s ios 8.1.2
I haven't had any luck syncing 3rd party ps3 controllers. I've tried to trouble shoot one of my friends controllers. He keeps buying the cheapest one he can find on eBay/Amazon and I have yet to get one to work. They all exhibit what your are saying above. They start to sync and seem to actually connect but when it goes to assign with player they are (lights on 1 thru 4) it just stops. When you use an original ps3 controller you will see it work exactly the same except it assigns it a player once the lights stop blinking and consequently it works.

I have sync'd 3 stock sony ps3 controllers and a sony ps4 controller. My advice to you is try to borrow a friends real ps3 controller and test it out. If it syncs fine you know the issue is something with the way the 3rd party syncs.
01-31-2015, 10:27 AM
Thank you very much. It really helped
01-31-2015, 11:19 PM
Except the right nub stick being totally worthless =\
02-01-2015, 04:49 AM
Information RE: PS3 controller keeps disconnecting issue in PPSSPP in iphone 5s ios 8.1.2
(01-31-2015 11:19 PM)MNGreat Wrote:  Except the right nub stick being totally worthless =\
For your information, the right hand analogue on the PS3 pad can be used for first person shooters, reallocate the "Cross, Square, Triangle, Circle" to the right analogue stick directions, makes these games a lot better to play. Cool
02-02-2015, 02:39 AM
That would be great if PPSSPP actually supported the right analog in IOS. Currently only two directions on the right analog work and they show as keyboard buttons not controller axis.
02-02-2015, 02:42 AM
this is the issue i was pertaining too. Im not sure if this will be fixed soon but everytime theres an ppsspp update, i keep reading the changelogs hoping i see a controller fix lol.
02-02-2015, 02:46 AM
I know the feeling! Seems like a lot of Android updates but not so much on IOS. I really want this option for Kingdom Hearts and 3rd Bday. I have however mapped fast forward to right on the right analog which makes it marginally better than worthless for rpgs.
02-02-2015, 03:29 AM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2015 03:32 AM by The Phoenix.)
Information RE: PS3 controller keeps disconnecting issue in PPSSPP in iphone 5s ios 8.1.2
(02-02-2015 02:46 AM)Zaknafein777 Wrote:  I know the feeling! Seems like a lot of Android updates but not so much on IOS. I really want this option for Kingdom Hearts and 3rd Bday. I have however mapped fast forward to right on the right analog which makes it marginally better than worthless for rpgs.
The reason for this issue NOT being corrected is simply that complaining on these forums will be noticed maybe once by the developers then forgotten about, BUT if you create an issue on Github for PPSSPP then it will be remembered and has a better chance of being solved.
The link is: https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp
02-03-2015, 03:32 AM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2015 03:34 AM by Zaknafein777.)
Well I definitely didn't mean to come off as complaining. I for one am super grateful for the progress of PPSSPP and have had great support from dev when posting in the game specific sections of the forums. I understand the IOS community for PPSSPP is probably the smallest group of people utilizing PPSSPP and we are pretty deserving of the short end of the stick. Clump that together with a 3rd party jailbroken app for bluetooth controllers and I could see where that could complicate things.

With all that being said there's no reason to be condescending, we just really like PPSSPP on our respective IOS devices. At least look to see if we've posted the issue before scolding us. https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/7142
02-03-2015, 08:24 PM
(02-03-2015 03:32 AM)Zaknafein777 Wrote:  Well I definitely didn't mean to come off as complaining. I for one am super grateful for the progress of PPSSPP and have had great support from dev when posting in the game specific sections of the forums. I understand the IOS community for PPSSPP is probably the smallest group of people utilizing PPSSPP and we are pretty deserving of the short end of the stick. Clump that together with a 3rd party jailbroken app for bluetooth controllers and I could see where that could complicate things.

With all that being said there's no reason to be condescending, we just really like PPSSPP on our respective IOS devices. At least look to see if we've posted the issue before scolding us. https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/7142
Hi there,
I must apologise for my lack of manners lately, I'm going through a rough time in my so called life, just lost my job, and are not coping well at the moment, as I may lose everything.

As for your issue raised, keep on bumping it, to keep it fresh in the minds of the developers.
Sadly I believe there is only one developer that programs on iOS.
02-08-2015, 08:05 PM
(02-03-2015 08:24 PM)The Phoenix Wrote:  Sadly I believe there is only one developer that programs on iOS.

Maybe we should contact him thought a PM.
Do anyone know who is the iOS port developer?