Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Compatible with Chromebook?
01-22-2015, 03:37 AM
Compatible with Chromebook?
Please move this thread to where its relevant incase this isnt where it belongs...

Basicaly,i dont have acess to my Windows Laptop now & is instead given a Chromebook 2....Is there any chance i could run PPSSPP with it?
(forum says i cant post link..well its just a quick google to Chromebook 2 2014)

I REALLY hate how it was just forced on me & laptop was taken...so,i really hope there's still a chance for PPSSPP...Thanks guys
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-22-2015, 03:59 AM (This post was last modified: 01-22-2015 04:01 AM by Bigpet.)
RE: Compatible with Chromebook?
If you have an intel processor inside it then you can just install linux and use the linux version of ppsspp.

If it's the ARM processor version then I don't really know. I don't think the linux version has ever been tried to get compiled for ARM, altough now that I think about it, if the rasberry pi worked with ppssppsdl then so should a regular ARM linux

Either way, if you have the time install linux and see if that works for you. You should be able to undo it as described here (I have no clue how well it works, never had a chromebook): https://support.google.com/chromebook/an...2417?hl=en
05-20-2015, 01:05 PM
RE: Compatible with Chromebook?
(01-22-2015 03:37 AM)Semiramis Wrote:  Please move this thread to where its relevant incase this isnt where it belongs...

Basicaly,i dont have acess to my Windows Laptop now & is instead given a Chromebook 2....Is there any chance i could run PPSSPP with it?
(forum says i cant post link..well its just a quick google to Chromebook 2 2014)

I REALLY hate how it was just forced on me & laptop was taken...so,i really hope there's still a chance for PPSSPP...Thanks guys

I'm also being forced to use a Chromebook, though mine is prevented from going into developer mode. I tried running the android app, and it start up and will get into the menu screen and work with all that, but fails when I try Cube.elf Has anyone gotten the android app working on a non-android device?