Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Text Hooker for PPSSPP?
01-20-2015, 02:02 PM
Text Hooker for PPSSPP?
Hello. I was wondering if there is any text hooker available for ppsspp. I want to play some Japanese games, and The story text I would like to hook it to translator aggregator. I really want a basic idea of the story that I'm playing. I know the translation will be far from perfect, but is there any way to do it. Note I already know of VNR, but that's for visual novels. I need something to work for other types of games. Might also be worth mentioning that the game I want to play is fate extra ccc. So yeah. Any way to hook the story text to a translator?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-22-2015, 12:37 PM
RE: Text Hooker for PPSSPP?
A lot of games have their own font systems, which can't really be hooked into without game specific hacks. Some games use "sceFont" which perhaps could in theory be hooked, but often games just use it to render their own font "atlases" which means that it won't pass text to it, just individual letters in arbitrary order, and that's no good for localization.

So in practice, this is really hard and/or impractical in most cases, unfortunately, without OCR techniques...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply