Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Bug Report - Codes
01-14-2015, 10:03 AM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2015 12:46 PM by Melkor.)
Bug Report - Codes
I have a problem here and I did my best to find a way to fix it but it's not me who is wrong here.

Here is the bug:

For example I am in game and I enable a code - The emu makes CTD and quits once the game tries to load.

But

if Leave the code WORKING eg Stays loaded at the boot of the emulated game without pausing the emulation by pressing ESC and then loading the stage the game doesn't freeze....
So what makes me think is just pressing ESC to pause the game to enable a code makes the emu crash when it tries to load a stage/level.

Game

Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce 2
PSSPP 0.9.9.1 1458 ...
I tried with different version of the emulator - Same thing.
What causes this

And this happened to me in Tekken 6 too. Just pressing ESC makes the game freeze when I try to activate something.
The codes themselves doesn't freeze the game but when DISBALED/ENABLED by the emu menu cause the game to crash...

Wonder what the reason is. Since this happens at random games/codes.

Here is what i did to solve this.

Saved a state with code enabled.
Emu crashes once the game loads something.

Run the emu again and load the state with the code enabled without going to the codes menu to switch it on/off
Game Loaded with the code enabled.
So tell me if this isn't some kind of a bug in the emu. Can this be fixed?

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-14-2015, 02:04 PM
RE: Bug Report - Codes
Started to happen again....
01-14-2015, 02:54 PM
I also happen to have a same problem with CW cheats, ever since I switched to the official 0.9.9.1 build, most of the CW cheat codes in Queen's Gate Spiral Chaos I use doesn't seem to work anymore even if the codes are activated, strange indeed.
01-14-2015, 03:00 PM
Does this happen with JIT disabled as well?
01-14-2015, 09:33 PM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2015 10:15 PM by Melkor.)
(01-14-2015 03:00 PM)Bigpet Wrote:  Does this happen with JIT disabled as well?

Hi old friend.
No I disabled Fast Memory and Dynarec JIT and the problem is gone.
But when I meant I somehow have it fixed maybe I have disabled just Fast Memory.

Strange case.
Yet it seems I have to find which codes have addresses changed and find their new one. So far from dump research I never found a code with a different address.

Good tools for ram search is HxD program.

Edit:

Disabling JIT also made my Tekken 6 Golden Mod to work on PPSSPP but the performance is quite drastically decreased.