Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
[Tutorial] How to play on Black-seraph.com (formerly coldbird.net)
02-08-2015, 08:37 AM
RE: [Video Tutorial] Online using only PPSSPP (24/7 coldbird server)
(02-07-2015 05:40 AM)lumune Wrote:  
(02-06-2015 08:14 PM)lolful64 Wrote:  So I've set things up, DMZ enabled (I think) UPnP on and ppsspp ready. I start monster hunter portable 3rd HD. I join a room and see people around, we start and quest and it takes a really long time to load said quest. Afterwards when the quest starts it turns out I've broken off from them (but I'm not offline). I've tried on my actual psp and ppsspp but nothing works.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Could be many things, really. Do you have Fast memory disabled? If yes, then most probably is related to high ping between you and the other players.

Also, PPSSPP's Ad hoc is far from finished, so ocasionally the game may do this even when playing in a LAN Network (0ms ping). If you can see other players in the GH, this means it's working.

Try again during peak hours and see if it will still happen. Also add an exception for PPSSPP in your firewall (including the Windows Firewall like shown in the Video Tutorial in the first post).

Good luck.

I have pretty low ping so it might be the other people. But what would fast memory do? I always have it disabled since ppsspp works great on my laptop without it regardless.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2015, 04:20 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2015 04:24 PM by lumune.)
(02-08-2015 08:37 AM)lolful64 Wrote:  I have pretty low ping so it might be the other people. But what would fast memory do? I always have it disabled since ppsspp works great on my laptop without it regardless.

Sorry i didn't express myself very clearly, what i meant is your ping latency to the other players. If you're in America and join a room from people playing in Oceania it may not work (specially if the game requires low ping) because the game will disconnect one or two players after the Loading screen just before starting the Adhoc multiplayer quest (although sometimes it does work). Also, emulators that don't run at Fullspeed will lag the game for everyone, regardless of ping.

Regarding Fast memory, check the official PPSSPP Faq: http://ppsspp.org/help/.
In short, Fast memory helps games that crash due to error or invalid memory acess to go a bit further but it may also have an undesired effect in games that work properly so if you feel that your game is unstable, turn it off.

Fortunately, recent PPSSPP versions improved and Fast memory doesn't seem to crash games as often as it did back then.
02-09-2015, 01:44 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2015 01:51 PM by onelight.)
to play one coldbir.net, we need chat.
someone could add a chat, I try add a code which can some message from JPCSP or PSP.
but add more code is out of my ability

osm.Show( packet->base.message, 3.0);

02-09-2015, 05:18 PM
(02-09-2015 01:44 PM)onelight Wrote:  to play one coldbir.net, we need chat.
someone could add a chat, I try add a code which can some message from JPCSP or PSP.

After battling with Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity's chat, i agree. This is definitely a start though.
02-10-2015, 08:01 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2015 01:21 PM by onelight.)
(02-09-2015 05:18 PM)lumune Wrote:  
(02-09-2015 01:44 PM)onelight Wrote:  to play one coldbir.net, we need chat.

After battling with Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity's chat, i agree. This is definitely a start though.
Ad-Hoc multiplayer chat support might be add after 1.0.1 is finished https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/7451

I try add simple chat support myself:
It will show the nickname if someone joined lobby. And we can know who is at lobby.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=13652]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-11-2015, 01:30 PM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2015 02:13 PM by onelight.)
ppsspp-v1.0-41-adhoclocal-chatSimple.zip win32 & win64

for android http://filecloud.io/wmi3xe6q

BTW, if android get this error, it means that game listen on ports <1024, android does not allow regular users to listen on ports <1024, Ad-Hoc will not work like that.

02-12-2015, 04:08 PM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2015 05:57 PM by lumune.)
(02-11-2015 01:30 PM)onelight Wrote:  ppsspp-v1.0-41-adhoclocal-chatSimple.zip win32 & win64

for android http://filecloud.io/wmi3xe6q

BTW, if android get this error, it means that game listen on ports <1024, android does not allow regular users to listen on ports <1024, Ad-Hoc will not work like that.

Thank you onelight, chat support is very welcome in PPSSPP.
02-12-2015, 07:00 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2015 10:21 PM by lumune.)
Tarsier where are you from? I'm getting a lot of timeouts from you, this usually happens when we are very far apart. I'm from Brazil by the way.

Also, i'm using PPSSPP x64 on Windows.

(02-12-2015 07:00 PM)lumune Wrote:  Tarsier where are you from? I'm getting a lot of timeouts from you, this usually happens when we are very far apart. I'm from Brazil by the way.

Also, i'm using PPSSPP x64 on Windows.

EDIT: Strange, it should work. We aren't that far away. Have you allowed PPSSPP in your firewall?

Do you have BlazBlue Continuum Shift II or Extend? If you do, we could test and see if the battle will start. If it doesn't, then it must be firewall related or some other thing blocking us.
Initial D: Street Stage also is another good game to test, i've played it with HYDRO (Korea) with no problems, so it should work as well.

Damn, i really wanted to play Gundam Assault Survive...

Initial D is working fine, just tested it:

02-13-2015, 02:58 PM
Hi guys. I have this weird problem. I can connect to coldbird w/ no problems I can see people in the gathering hall (MHP3HD). I even did couple of hunts. The server works fine when I played w/ people on different networks. but when I was trying to play with my brother using a single network(both our pc's are connected to 1 router). one of us can't see the gathering hall choices. Is there a solution to this problem?

PS: my UPnP is enabled and I also did that DMZ thing.
02-13-2015, 04:15 PM (This post was last modified: 07-20-2016 08:27 PM by lumune.)
(02-13-2015 02:58 PM)BlackRCK Wrote:  Hi guys. I have this weird problem. I can connect to coldbird w/ no problems I can see people in the gathering hall (MHP3HD). I even did couple of hunts. The server works fine when I played w/ people on different networks. but when I was trying to play with my brother using a single network(both our pc's are connected to 1 router). one of us can't see the gathering hall choices. Is there a solution to this problem?

PS: my UPnP is enabled and I also did that DMZ thing.

Try with Adhoc local (here), coldbird.net doesn't work using 2 PC's on the same Internet IP.

Tarsier if you are reading this here on the forums, please check your Firewall or your Router settings because something isn't right.

I've just played Gundam Assault Survive perfectly without any lag whatsoever with HYDRO and we are exactly 17,000 km apart:

02-14-2015, 02:02 AM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2015 02:43 AM by onelight.)
@BlackRCK
If you have 2 PCs, try with Adhoc local WLAN first.
[Tutorial] Windows-Host Cross Platform Multiplayer Adhoc Local WLAN http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=11398
02-14-2015, 08:08 PM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2015 08:10 PM by alveus00.)
(02-13-2015 04:15 PM)lumune Wrote:  Try with Adhoc local ([here), coldbird.net doesn't work using 2 PC's on the same Internet IP.

So what would you recommend for a 2 users on the same network + another user in a different country for monster hunter 3rd? Does the "ppsspp-v1.0-41-adhoclocal" do it? Or is it not possible at this stage?

Sorry for being so noobish.
02-14-2015, 11:35 PM
(02-14-2015 08:08 PM)alveus00 Wrote:  
(02-13-2015 04:15 PM)lumune Wrote:  Try with Adhoc local ([here), coldbird.net doesn't work using 2 PC's on the same Internet IP.

So what would you recommend for a 2 users on the same network + another user in a different country for monster hunter 3rd? Does the "ppsspp-v1.0-41-adhoclocal" do it? Or is it not possible at this stage?

Sorry for being so noobish.
try using Tunngle, evolve, hamachi, etc.
02-15-2015, 05:55 PM
Got a bit tired of answering the same question over and over on youtube so i've edited the first post and all my erroneous posts in this thread to avoid further frustration and confusion for all the users who could not play on coldbird.net because they were using just UPnP and/or were behind ZoneAlarm or other strong Firewall software.

Well, Enabling DMZ Host IS REQUIRED to play on coldbird.net.

Like Bigpet said, the games can and will choose whichever port they like at random, so enabling just UPnP won't make any difference if PPSSPP does not support it.
If you can't enable DMZ Host, then use Evolve or other VPN program and it will work since these programs do all this dirty job for you.

If PPSSPP supports UPnP in the future, then coldbird.net won't require DMZ Host anymore and everyone will be able to play with just UPnP enabled and thus, this thread will be no more.
02-17-2015, 04:22 AM (This post was last modified: 02-17-2015 05:09 AM by Rikyanto.)
RE: [Video Tutorial] How to play on coldbird.net
Hello, I wanna ask something. I was playing using PPSSPP ANDROID and has set the ip (pro.coolbird.net). I was try to play MH3P HD with my friend (PPSSPP PC). I can enter the guild hall, but there wasn't anyone there although I was at the same guild with my friend. I don't know how to set the DMZ on android. What must I do? Or are there any suggestion other than coolbird that would work on android?