Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Crashes on Save State
12-31-2014, 10:59 PM
Crashes on Save State
I joined because I really would love to fix this problem. I'm doing a Let's Play of Corpse Party and I would love to have the save states readily available to me. Unfortunately, just today PPSSPP would crash every time I tried to make a save state. Does anyone know what the problem is and how I can fix it? I have v 0.9.8.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-31-2014, 11:35 PM
RE: Crashes on Save State
v0.9.8 is very old and has buckets of bugs. Try the latest git build instead.

-[Unknown]
01-02-2015, 03:51 AM
(12-31-2014 11:35 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  v0.9.8 is very old and has buckets of bugs. Try the latest git build instead.

-[Unknown]

I did that, but it still does it. I would hate to start all over again. It's a long game and I'm almost done with it. Is there any other solutions to this problem now that I have the latest build?
01-02-2015, 04:36 AM
(01-02-2015 03:51 AM)AmberStar Wrote:  
(12-31-2014 11:35 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  v0.9.8 is very old and has buckets of bugs. Try the latest git build instead.

-[Unknown]

I did that, but it still does it. I would hate to start all over again. It's a long game and I'm almost done with it. Is there any other solutions to this problem now that I have the latest build?

Next time will hint you not use savestates they are not safe :C sorry but cant do nothing probably can just play with older versions see if it work

♥Join US ♥ party on EVOLVEHQ for ALL MonsterHunters English:

https://www.evolvehq.com/recruit/party?token=player:FIlZsoO7VtIqC2x1,party:L5fuksYOCYQWJh_i

♫Status♪ Yuu-Eucliwood Tittles: → Perfect Against Chickens ← ►Kaiser of Heaven&Earth◄
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-02-2015, 06:13 AM
Try turning off fast memory. To be more specific than above, I believe there were bugs in emulating Corpse Party in v0.9.8 and we've fixed them. Unfortunately, even if these savestates load in the latest version, it will "preserve" many of the bugs (because that's how savestates work.)

You might try saving in game near each savestate and loading those games in the latest build, and recreating savestates. Ultimately, ingame saves are the safest.

The crash you get when creating a savestate - does it happen even when you start from loading savedata / a new game, and don't load any savestate? Or does it happen only when loading a savestate before trying to save one? If the latter, it's unfortunately probably a bug in v0.9.8 that has most likely been fixed by now.

If it still does crash in the latest build when creating a savestate without any other savestates involved, that's definitely a current bug that we can try to do something about. Unfortunately, I don't have the game.

If it crashes even with fast memory off in that case, a stack trace would help me to fix it the most. You'd need to compile PPSSPP to get a stack trace currently, but it's fairly easy and all the resources to do it are free. If you're game, there's a topic on the forum about it:

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5231

If you do get it running, from Visual Studio just press F5, which will launch in debugging mode. As soon as it crashes, Visual Studio will come to life and snatch the stack trace, which will be near the bottom in one of the panels. A screenshot of that is what I need.

-[Unknown]