Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Ninja Katsugeki: Tenchu Kurenai Portable
12-31-2014, 11:54 AM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2015 07:27 AM by vnctdj.)
Title: Tenchu Kurenai Portable
Genre: Stealth Action
Region: Japan
Format: ISO
ID : ULJM05598
Version: 0.9.9.1
Compatibility: In Game
Notes: Playable in the beginning, but, in the middle of the game, Keep Loading forever.. Check Debug console in attachment.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2015, 07:32 PM
RE: Tenchu Kurenai Portable
Thank you for testing this game Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
02-22-2015, 02:21 AM (This post was last modified: 02-22-2015 08:24 AM by vnctdj.)
(My English isn't good )
Hello, everybody.
I have a problem with Ninja Katsugeki game:

[Image: su9bd1t3ici3ez5zg.jpg]

When I start the game, it stays in that scene and not run.

How can I resolve this problem?

PPSSPP: ppsspp-v1.0-86-g3f4cb7f-windows-x86
02-22-2015, 08:25 AM (This post was last modified: 02-22-2015 08:25 AM by vnctdj.)
RE: Ninja Katsugeki: Tenchu Kurenai Portable
Thread's title updated to match the game's title.

Moved.

♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
04-07-2015, 09:16 AM
admins, this should be in in-game section, i tried this game on my android nexus 4 using older and latest build v1.0.1-341 and i can play this but it has also the eternal loading bug like tenchu san portable
heres my screen shot in mission gameplay

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-07-2015, 09:33 AM
Moved.

♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
09-01-2015, 04:45 AM
Tenchu Kurenai/Tenchu San Eternal Load fix! please lets find a way to fix this
To the Admins if this wasn't the right place to post this I am sorry I am very new just created my account.

I want to state I am a huge fan of the Tenchu series and not being able to play Tenchu Kurenai/Tenchu San on my Samsung Note 4 is upsetting I have searched the web and there seems to be no fix for this eternal load problem and I really want to find or help find a solution. The game runs beautifully but the in game load screen is eternal on both of these Tenchu games please anybody who can help do because this game is something I love very very much.
Thanks in Advance I will attach some screen shots

09-01-2015, 07:27 AM
Merged.

♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
09-03-2015, 11:19 AM
Looks like that bug is the same as the one for Tenchu San Portable (both games using the same engine)
Unfortunately it's still not solved at this time :
https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/7234

A workaround is to use JPCSP as an emulator, in which case the game isn't affected by that "eternal" loading screen.
But JPCSP performance and user interface is nowhere as good as PPSSPP

Apparently from the bug report someone mentionned playing it in PPSSPP 0.76 has it working without the "eternal loading" bug, but without sounds.
No idea where to find that old version, it's not on the main website and the builbot orphis site does not keep builds that old.
09-06-2015, 02:51 PM
However is this version of Ppsspp avalibe for android? a
09-07-2015, 08:59 AM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2015 02:35 AM by LunaMoo.)
I belive the problem you guys are talking about is better described in #6370, if you're desperate and can't wait for proper fix you could build yourself a modified built to play this game, I don't have a setup to build for android, but you can try my build for windows ~ link.
Includes the source and also one other hack.

Make note the hacks are just temporary solutions, they will never be merged into official versions and usually break other games, hence I made them optional, the one for Tenchu is under Sound Hacks in settings, if you're curious about the second one is under graphic hacks and is for Armored Core and Bleach Soul Carnival series which also suffer freezes althrough from different reasons.

Ofc you have to activate it before it will do anything, however I didn't tested the one for Tenchu at all, so if it doesn't work, let me know, Daniel229 posted like 3 hackish fixes for Tenchu infinite loop problem, so if one doesn't work, maybe others will.

Edit: uploaded different build, since version I based previous one still had some nasty bug with vs2015 that was fixed in latest version.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
09-15-2015, 04:54 AM
I have Samsung note 4 with snapdragon. I have the ps2 versions on my laptop and would love the psps versions of this game to operate on my android so I can play it during my travels or own my way to work. This is at the top of my list of favorite games. So having them on my phone means alot to me. Thanks for all the tips. Do you have any more by chance in regards to getting the infinte loop problem fixed on the android?

(09-07-2015 08:59 AM)LunaMoo Wrote:  I belive the problem you guys are talking about is better described in , if you're desperate and can't wait for proper fix you could build yourself a modified built to play this game, I don't have a setup to build for android, but you can try my build for windows ~
Includes the source and also one other hack.

Make note the hacks are just temporary solutions, they will never be merged into official versions and usually break other games, hence I made them optional, the one for Tenchu is under Sound Hacks in settings, if you're curious about the second one is under graphic hacks and is for Armored Core and Bleach Soul Carnival series which also suffer freezes althrough from different reasons.

Ofc you have to activate it before it will do anything, however I didn't tested the one for Tenchu at all, so if it doesn't work, let me know, Daniel229 posted like 3 hackish fixes for Tenchu infinite loop problem, so if one doesn't work, maybe others will.

Edit: uploaded different build, since version I based previous one still had some nasty bug with vs2015 that was fixed in latest version.
09-15-2015, 07:46 AM
Well you would have to build android version or better ask someone who already has environment for building android apps to do it for you since installing X gb's of stuff you will almost never use is kind of waste(that's kind of a reason why I don't have it set up;p), also we don't really have any friendly guides for that, just simple instructions on the official site which might be to vague if you never did anything alike.

Other thing I just thought off, that if the game uses sceAtracSetLoopNum to set negative loop number which causes the problem for ppsspp, if you would find that function in game memory(using ppsspp disassembly while running the game ~ only on windows through) it could be better to make a cwcheat that would modify the code to check second argument for negative or even just for -1(FFFFFFFF) and set it to 0 before jumping to that function since that's pretty much what hack on the ppsspp side does.
It would have to be made for each tenchu game broken that way separately, but it could be easily activated on any platform ppsspp runs this game on, just like any other cheat.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
10-07-2015, 11:41 AM
hopes someone will make a modified build for android, i dont have a working pc cuz its broken so i cant make a modified build for android even if i know how to make it
10-07-2015, 11:46 PM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2015 12:12 AM by bomberman46.)
(10-07-2015 11:41 AM)denslife16 Wrote:  hopes someone will make a modified build for android, i dont have a working pc cuz its broken so i cant make a modified build for android even if i know how to make it

https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/7234

Bottom link. It has an modified apk that fixes the infinite loading. Wish the official builds would fix this issue now that the wall glitch problem has been fixed. The in-stage loading is a major issue in both Tenchu San and Kurenai.

Note that this build may break other playable games.