Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 3.75 Average
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Tag Force 6
04-07-2016, 05:55 PM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2016 05:55 PM by vnctdj.)
RE: Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Tag Force 6
(04-07-2016 02:01 PM)shirokuro Wrote:  I understand that games do not really support emulator and in this case I am facing a problem with Yugioh Tag force. I already played the previous versions(just finish 5 going to 6) and I wanted to load my user data(my cards and deck builds) but every time I start a new game and try to load the data; it gives me ''No save data from previous game''. I checked my memstick and I do find my save data in the directory but still unable to load. My question is; Is it me or with the emulator itself that do not allow the game to load the user data from previous tag force?

Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-20-2017, 05:14 PM
(08-24-2014 05:12 PM)TheDax Wrote:  No. PPSSPP can't connect to the internet for DLC/PSN stuff.

Is this still true in 2017?
10-20-2017, 07:05 PM
^
DLC's are supported just fine, just copy them to same folder they would be stored on real hardware.
In some games there might be additional complications to that through:
- if DLC's requires game update, you will have to decrypt the update using real PSP then patch game copy with it,
- if DLC itself is encrypted with some rare key it will also have to be decrypted on real PSP,
- if it requires firmware specific installation, need to be preinstalled on psp.

So basically it's one of the reasons to still own real hardware since all PSP emulators(including Sony's official ones on PSV/PS3) as well as all software outside of real PSP, have only access to limited number of kirk keys and no pauth keys at all.

If game wants you to download something from the net you can try with your native web browser, you will be disappointed through as most of such content sites no longer exist. Also PPSSPP would never run PSP firmware as a design choice so it couldn't run a PSP web browser anyway.
Same could be said about PSN support, it was part of the firmware which PPSSPP by design doesn't bother with and never will, it would also be risky move legal side and to put a nail to it's coffin, it's no longer relevant since Sony itself dropped support for PSP.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.