Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mana Khemia Crashes button?
11-28-2014, 08:47 PM
RE: Mana Khemia Crashes button?
The series is definitely not dead; technically Mana Khemia is in the Atelier series (it is "Project A9", Eternal Mana is "A6", etc.) and they are still making games in the series for the PS3 and Vita. Mana Khemia 2 for the PS2 sold decently, a bit less than the PS3 Atelier games. The handheld versions have not sold all that well (but Mana Khemia 1 PSP was not a great port imho, ironically it is one of the better selling of the few handheld releases the series has had, very unfortunately...)

I'm not sure what country you're in, but I've heard a popular tactic is buying PSN codes from another country (such as the US) and then purchasing the game on the PSN store in that country. I don't know the legality of this and won't try to comment on it, and afaik it won't let you play the game from PSN anyway, but from an economic perspective it seems like a way to at least exert your buying power.

I'm sorry to hear the prices in your country are overly expensive; I know this is true of many countries, and I'm not trying to judge you. I'm just saying that buying power is an important thing. I liked Mana Khemia and I don't want to see games like it die out. They already don't always sell well enough to get localization deals or even sequels when they are released.

I don't have the sequel for the PSP so I don't know what's up with it, but I'm sure that the graphical glitches were caused by lazy texture caching in the first game.

-[Unknown]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Mana Khemia Crashes button? - Hellbelial - 11-27-2014, 05:29 PM
RE: Mana Khemia Crashes button? - [Unknown] - 11-28-2014 08:47 PM