Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New to ppsspp, 60 fps?
11-17-2014, 06:45 PM (This post was last modified: 11-17-2014 06:47 PM by Rohade.)
New to ppsspp, 60 fps?
Hi, I see some of you play games that were 30 fps on 60 fps, it seems there are hack codes to uncap some games right?, but also, I see ppl playing symphony of the night or rondo at 60 fps as well without codes, pls, how can you do that on ppsspp pc version?.

Right now I run Dracula X but it seems like stuttering and the scroll is not smooth, it says 30/30 on emulator speed and fps, I have frameskip on zero, also increased the clock to 333. My gear is an I7 with Titan as gtx it should be smoother I think or if its possible to get 60 fps, it would be even better.

Thanks for your time.

I just used alternate speed by pressing R3 but the Dracula X is not smoother but faster, is there some way to play at 60 fps at the same speed and with the music unchanged?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-17-2014, 11:12 PM
RE: New to ppsspp, 60 fps?
Doesn't matter if you have a pc with gpu made for graphic artists, one made for gaming or even an igp designed to display OS desktop and crash in everything else, psp games were usually designed for 1 framerate and no ppsspp setting will ever be able to change fps without game supporting it in the first place.

Considering user made patches there are basically 3 cases:
- 2D games,
- 3D games,
- 3D games with built-in 60fps mode.

Making a patch for the last one is as easy as changing one flag or opcode, but those games are potentially very rare, people try to recognize them by difference in fps between different places in game(fmv's fps doesn't matter since videos just use different code), if your game does something like that you can just request it in 60fps thread and arm yourself in patience.
Other 3D games without built in 60fps mode, technically can be patched as I proved with one game, but it takes way too much time and it's way too bothersome to ever get people into making such patches, as for 2D games it doesn't have much sense since animations are locked to framerate, if your game is one of those two, just get used to 30fps.

Stuttering could be causes by using too high graphical enhancing features like rendering res or texture scalling. Doesn't matter what hardware you have if you randomly set them on max, just drop it. We don't have supersampling, so rendering res above display res is not beneficial anyway, it only uses screen scalling filter so it's pretty much a placebo, in fact if you zoom in for comparism it can look worse. Texture scalling on the other hand get's extremely heavy in some games, keeping it on max without testing is always bad.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
11-19-2014, 10:38 PM (This post was last modified: 11-19-2014 10:39 PM by Rohade.)
RE: New to ppsspp, 60 fps?
Ty for your answer.