Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Black Screen - Help Please
10-19-2014, 05:24 PM
Black Screen - Help Please
Okay, so I'm new on this forum (made the account just to ask this question).

I am currently playing v09.9.1 on windows and was using the previous version before. I only played a handful of games on the previous version, mainly Persona 3 and Disgaea. Worked perfectly, never had any problems at all.

After I got the newest version, I decided to check out what other games were out there. I decided on a few to try out and ran into the black screen problem. Basically the game loads, I can see the intro movie and credits but once it gets to the main menu everything goes black. I can hear the music playing and if I click randomly the music changes so I know the game is running, I just can't see anything.

This issue has been posted many times before (I know because I painstakingly searched through all of them for an answer) and none of the fixes mentioned before have worked for me.

So, yes, I have changed the buffered rending option several times and in every possible combination of changes I can think of.
If someone could please, please give me a helping hand or some advice, I would be very grateful.
The games that are not working are:
Phantasy Star 2
Harvest Moon (boy & girl, as well as Leaf Valley)
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lion

I have tried a few other games that worked, but these are the ones giving me issues. It's the same issue for all of them too.
My drives are all updated and I'm at a loss. I've tried using both eu versions and us versions of isos, nothing works.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-25-2014, 03:09 PM
RE: Black Screen - Help Please
whats your pc/phone specs?

Old laptop: Lenovo G458
AMD/ATI Radeon HD 7310 | 1366x768@60Hz | APU E1-1200 Dual Core | 2.5 GB DDR3 400MHz | Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit

New laptop: Lenovo ideapad 100
Nvidia Geforce 920M 2GB / Intel HD Graphics 5500 | 1366x768@60Hz | Intel Core i3-5005U 2GB | 2GB DDR3 2000MHz | Window 10 Home 64-bit
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply