Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 3.6 Average
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
11-12-2015, 04:05 AM
RE: The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
(11-11-2015 11:17 AM)phelamax Wrote:  Yes I'm using my dumped ISO. Both are US region. Although I applied undub patch to the ISO file without having any backup left now. It was a long time ago but I remembered playing it on my psp without any problem (yes, I used a CFW to play it). Is it possible that the problem occurs on PPSSPP because of the undub patch?

Yes. Some patches and also CFWs would "force" the game to a different PSP firmware version, to allow you to play without upgrading (because there was no CFW yet for the version the game was made for.) Saves are actually very dependent on the firmware version the game was designed for, so if CFW "forced" this, it changes the save data.

In these cases, if you had an (unmodified) PSP and tried to load the save data, it wouldn't work. You'd get the same behavior as in PPSSPP - an error or silent return to menu, etc.

It might be possible for someone to write a tool to fix saves. Unfortunately, while it'd be nice if PPSSPP could do this itself, it has no way of detecting that the save is wrong - it still "loads", it just turns into what the game sees as garbage. We can't tell it's garbage, we can't even tell if the game accepted the save or not.

(11-12-2015 02:22 AM)Oddnumber Wrote:  The save icons are supposed to be black even after the prologue D:?

Btw for some reason picking options on shops makes the screen blink.

This sounds like you're not using buffered rendering (the game uses a buffer to create the icon), or you've got block transfers disabled (the game does a transfer from said buffer to store the icon.)

It should work with default settings, I think.

-[Unknown]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky - [Unknown] - 11-12-2015 04:05 AM
Trails in the sky in-game problems - Kayss - 04-30-2015, 10:51 AM
Infinite Loading Issue - jonogz - 08-10-2015, 06:08 AM