Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Game cube emulator?
10-10-2014, 07:03 AM
RE: Game cube emulator?
(10-10-2014 02:31 AM)Combone Wrote:  Test Dolphin R6515

Smile

I just tried that , its still slower than 3.0..

The Signature!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2014, 07:29 AM
You should know that older Dolphin revisions have lower accuracy. Up until 3.5 Dolphin used many hacks to get games working, which resulted in wonky enemy A.I. and various glitches, most notably in the sound department. I believe you can't even play any of the Legend of Zelda games on them because they needed they use of LLE audio, which was absurdly slow back then.
There's a reason behind why speed was lost, and that's to improve stability and accuracy. I don't think it makes the original games justice by playing them on a broken piece of software.
10-10-2014, 02:32 PM
Made In China bro ,
I think getting something is better than getting nothing..
On a slow system , Dolphin 4.0 is nothing more than a useless thing.
Dolphin 3.0 has much better performance , I haven't faced any weak enemy AI thing and sound problem can easily be solved if you change DS to XAudio.
So , definitely Dolphin 3.0 is a better piece of software in case of a slow pc.

The Signature!
10-10-2014, 10:35 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2014 10:36 PM by Made in China.)
Check the dev blogs, they explain things much better than I can ever will.
Recent fixes that come to mind is the huge fix to the fire haze calculation, which affected some games including The Wind Waker. Previously you had double haze, which made the Fire Mountain look horrendous. Nowadays you have the original, intended effect of the heat's light warping.
Speaking of The Wind Waker, I'm also reminded of the sun's glare being broken, and because of that not being able to even play the game on certain setting in older revisions - but I don't remember when it was fixed.

Anyway, something is better than nothing, but it isn't a replacement for the original's quality. When you are so very close to achieving that, settling for anything other than that is a shame, and can result in a ruined gaming experience.
10-11-2014, 07:16 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2014 07:17 AM by Haseeb.)
Ruined game quality? Well , I highly doubt that ,
Dolphin 3.0 is a stable version , its sure that many games will have glitches or sound problem , but that doesn't mean "ALL" games will have this problem.
Definitely a LOT of them will work perfectly , if not perfectly then enough to enjoy a game , at least not RUINED.
Seriously , I would deal with sound glitches rather than playing it in slide show.
Faster with glitches is better than "unplayable".
I accept that new dolphin versions get you more but that doesn't mean all old versions RUIN the gameplay.
They were made to run the games and they sure do!
Still that depends from person to person.
Some of us would not bear the missing sound of a flying bird , while some of us would deal with it.

The Signature!
10-11-2014, 05:45 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2014 06:14 PM by AlphaKennyTime.)
Hnnnng he's right about the wind waker issues. I saw some threads about that when I looked up a gray screen issue. I got a gray screen when I got to the fortress after you get off the island. I'll try Wind Waker again with your settings and LLE audio then go test the lastest dolphin version to compare them. I'll post again or edit this post later.

What sucks is I'll have to make my way to the fort again and I hadn't saved since I was about to get off the island Undecided.

EDIT: Got an error saying I can't use LLE on Wind Waker unless blah blah blah. Well I guess I'm off to the latest dev version.

EDIT: The black/gray screen glitches weren't fixed until 4.0 versions according to the game's dolphin wiki. What's odd is the Dolphin site says they have 4.0.1 and 4.0.2 stable but their latest dev versions are named 4.0-3587 (the one I tried). I got 7 or 9 fps on the first island where I used to run around at almost full speed in the 3.0 version.
10-12-2014, 08:50 AM
Lol , looks like such errors are common with Mario games , try some others.

Yeah , one more thing , I noticed that resolution has almost no effect on the speed of games.
Use Auto resolution in Internal Resolution and your PC's max resolution in Full Screen resolution.
Best of luck!

The Signature!
10-13-2014, 06:32 AM
I don't know why people say changing the internal resolution to anything lower than 1x native helps. Anything above native is slower and so is anything below it (multiple or window size). Anyways I guess I can still try Luigi's Mansion on 3.0. Whenever I upgrade to a new computer I'll make sure it can run dolphin so I can finally go through Wind Waker again. What a great game.
10-13-2014, 08:50 AM
(10-13-2014 06:32 AM)AlphaKennyTime Wrote:  I don't know why people say changing the internal resolution to anything lower than 1x native helps. Anything above native is slower and so is anything below it (multiple or window size). Anyways I guess I can still try Luigi's Mansion on 3.0. Whenever I upgrade to a new computer I'll make sure it can run dolphin so I can finally go through Wind Waker again. What a great game.

LOL!! Thanks for advice , I'll check 1x native now Big Grin
Try REmake , its not just the best gamecube game but also one of the best games ever!

The Signature!