Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Final Fantasy Tactics War of the Lions (WOTL)
04-09-2016, 02:06 PM
Final Fantasy Tactics War of The Lions
Does someone want to play FFT WoTL? I can play on either Evolve and Hamachi.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2016, 07:30 PM
RE: Final Fantasy Tactics Wotl Ad-Hoc
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
04-24-2016, 12:52 AM
RE: Final Fantasy Tactics Wotl Ad-Hoc
someone tested FFT multiplayer in the ppsspp android? (google translator)
12-09-2016, 10:31 PM
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions Multiplayer Socket Error 10060
I've spent ages trying to get WotL Multiplayer running and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. From what I've searched, I no longer need the AdHoc software, because its built in to the PPSSPP now, but if we use Hamachi and they put in my IP while I have the built in PRO adhoc server enabled, they cant find me. We all have Networking enabled as well.

I can't figure out where I'm going wrong. All of the tutorials are old/outdated and google has brought nothing for me. I would very much appreciate some assistance if anyone is willing. In the mean time, I'll just continue attempting to figure out what I'm doing wrong (because I'm certain the error lies with me.)

If it helps, I get a Socket Error 10060 and they just time out. We are all also using PC's and not Androids if that makes a difference as well. Not all of us have smartphones, so its not exactly an option.

I appreciate any assistance that is offered.
12-10-2016, 07:29 AM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2016 07:30 AM by Adhenovan.)
RE: Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions Multiplayer Socket Error 10060
the packet get timed out, my guess its blocked by your firewall or use the wrong ip address.

1.first make sure all player use same ip on ppsspp settings. in hamachi case use your hamachi ip and enable build in pro adhoc server.
2.use latest ppsspp dev build on buildbot.
3.disable fast memory options on system settings and every hack setting on graphic. many games hate fast memory when going to adhoc mode.
4.if nothing wrong with your ip address settings. then its firewall problem try to disable firewall on every player.
5.if disable firewall not working also then check your hamachi if you have a blue dot not green dot on your friend name thats means hamachi fail to establish direct connecton and relay your packet, relayed packet failed and get timed out. port forward specific port or enable upnp can help you with this issues.
6.if all above method not working also test this game on lan. maybe this game require very low latency for adhoc mode.

Experimenting with adhoc over internet system through Amultios custom ppsspp fork, find me in game

Monster Hunter Freedom : Lucis
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite : Lucis
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd: Lucis
07-21-2017, 03:08 PM
FFT WOTL Multiplayer on same PC
Hi, I've been trying to get the adhoc multiplayer working on a single machine by using the following method but I'm not having any luck: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqHRefuOLfI&t=0s

My FFT game will always claim that it cannot detect any opponent, and yes, I did make one host and the other one join. I tried Tekken 6 since it seems to be the only game people can get working consistently but I can't seem to get the 2 PPSSPP to connect. The first one would go to lobby while the other one will always have connection error. I've made exception for the ppsspp64.exe for my firewall too, so I'm at a lost.

I'm using the latest PPSSPP version I think, 1.4.2.
08-14-2017, 03:07 PM
RE: Final Fantasy Tactics War of the Lions (WOTL)
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
08-20-2017, 11:03 PM
@extremegunner: Welcome to the club, because I haven't had any luck with any forms of multiplayer whatsoever on this emulator, Hamachi hates me and the only ones who play multiplayer on the Coldbird server are only interested in the goddamn Monster Hunter, to the point where I started to hate Capcom's franchise.
08-21-2017, 06:42 PM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2017 06:43 PM by Zinx777.)
FF Tactics works i tried myself.
Too bad the netplay portion of the emulator is dead atm.
I remember helping Adamn with bugs and compatibility problems.
08-25-2017, 02:20 AM
(07-21-2017 03:08 PM)extremegunner Wrote:  Hi, I've been trying to get the adhoc multiplayer working on a single machine by using the following method but I'm not having any luck: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqHRefuOLfI&t=0s

My FFT game will always claim that it cannot detect any opponent, and yes, I did make one host and the other one join. I tried Tekken 6 since it seems to be the only game people can get working consistently but I can't seem to get the 2 PPSSPP to connect. The first one would go to lobby while the other one will always have connection error. I've made exception for the ppsspp64.exe for my firewall too, so I'm at a lost.

I'm using the latest PPSSPP version I think, 1.4.2.

Multiplayer on one PC does work (it should also work on VPN) tested with the build from this post http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...#pid126804
The official build may not support multiplayer on one PC yet i think

Make sure each player doesn't have the same MAC address, and try using a high port offset number (i tested using port offset 30000 on all players)

If you have antivirus with internet security (similar to firewall) make sure to exclude the EXE from network security/firewall in that antivirus also.

My Modified PPSSPP :
==============
Win32&64: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2t3mtdhb0f045cn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_Win32x64.zip?dl=0
Android(ARMv7): https://www.dropbox.com/s/b41bm43mtn1gpnn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_ARMv7.apk?dl=0
09-11-2017, 01:06 AM
I hope someone still reads this topic. I have been using FFT WotL flawlessly, along with every other game on my PPSSPP on my Mac. I am trying to simply run two PPSSPP on my MacBook, so 2 PPSSPP on one MacBook. I haven't been able to follow/download/or understand the process that I need to follow.

Is there anyone who might be able to walk me through what would be required to run FFTx2 on one comp? I would be grateful! Will PayPal/Venmo money for the answer. Seriously.
10-01-2017, 07:46 AM
Okay, consider me 100% new to this. I wanted to farm all those delicious rare items in FFT:WotL but I have never done it through PPSSPP before. I've read somewhere it's easy with Tunngle and I've read you need some build of the game, but if someone could make a guide for this that explains (and links) everything needed I'd be more than ready to grind items.
12-06-2017, 11:22 PM
Yeah, I'm not getting it either. My friend and I are using a Hamachi Server to connect to each other and 1 of 2 things always happens when we try to host/join: 1 we both get a socket error 10061, or ppsspp says networking established (or something like that) but we both time out. We're both using the file AdamN suggested for one pc (We're using two seperate computers but if figure better go with what's been proven to work)

So here's all the relevant info I can think to add:
Both firewalls are down when we try to connect
Both of us are green on hamachi
Sometimes it'll say networking established, but then when we try again with all the same settings, it'll give us socket error 10061
we've disabled fast memory and all hack settings in graphics
testing on lan always results in socket error 10061
12-14-2017, 06:51 PM
Hamachi is outright useless and people here only want to play Monster Hunter. You're not getting any answers here. I didn't for sure.
12-15-2017, 06:10 AM
It actually connected the emulators through hamachi, but the isos wouldn't connect. I've actually got closest trying two emulators on the same pc, but same deal, the emulators group up, but the games don't connect. I'm not really sure why, but it might have something to do with the tactics iso itself, and not the emulator. I'll fiddle about some more and if i ever do get it working I'll send you a pm.