Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Final Fantasy Tactics War of the Lions (WOTL)
02-28-2015, 11:16 AM
RE: Final Fantasy Tactics Wotl Ad-Hoc
(12-24-2014 06:51 AM)Zinx777 Wrote:  
(12-24-2014 01:44 AM)Zand3 Wrote:  Sorry, I never received notifications to my e-mail about this post and I forgot about it. I replied to Zinx's private message, and hopefully he will be able to describe how this is done, although I wish he would explain it in this post for all to see.

In the meantime, does anyone know how people play multiplayer over PPSSPP in general? Do you need a wireless adapter or can you play some games straight from PC lan internet to another PC lan internet?
You need to use this build for ppsspp:
And if u search good enough you will find instructions to set up ppsspp.

Could you help me set it up for Hamachi?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2015, 02:12 PM
(02-28-2015 02:01 AM)ajikangb Wrote:  Hey! this is something i just found out and i gotta say it would be the best thing that happened ever since PPSSPP release since FFT is one of my fav games, but id like to know if im gonna be able to play FFT WOTL just in LAN without hamachi and how would i do it? also, would adhoc and multiplayer work even if the host is using a wifi connection and not a direct one?

Why can't you use Hamachi? I'm not sure if it will work without it, give it a try and let us know! You can use wi-fi or LAN, I don't think it matters, as long as you're connected to the internet.
03-01-2015, 11:27 AM
@Zand3 - Can you give me the exact steps in order for the multiplayer feature to work via Hamachi?
03-01-2015, 07:47 PM
I could make this work only ONCE and then never again, even when having the same settings and no firewall or antivirus activated at that time :/ idk what could be the reason of it, it shows as it is connected on Ad hoc but in game nothing happens (?

PS: i wrote hamachis IPv4 on adhoc adress in emulator to make it work in that time but it wont work anymore, does MAC adress has something to do with the connection maybe? or do ppl have to be in the same tavern in game to play the multiplayer modes or have the same save files?
03-03-2015, 08:11 PM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2015 08:13 PM by ajikangb.)
Question RE: Final Fantasy Tactics Wotl Ad-Hoc
EDIT: Well it seems like something doesnt really want to let me host a server SOMETIMES, i just tried to host and be a client and at first it didnt work to host a game but i could still join if someone else would be the host trough hamachi.

Then i restarted my PC and everything magically worked, i hosted a server and ppl could find me trough my hamachi ip, then i tried using the normal latest gold ppsspp build without the special AdamN build from this thread and it also worked, then i tried WHITOUT hamachi and with the normal gold ppsspp using my PCs IP and it also worked (!?!? ... at this point i got really confused since until now i dont really know whats the reason of all this, so if anyone could guide me a little bit and share their experience it could maybe help other ppl aswell and figure out more especific rules to play this game online.

PS: before restarting my PC i disabled and turned off hamachi and my antivirus, for some reason i thought it was my windows firewall or my antivirus firewall the problem, but then when i first tried disabling both it still wouldnt let me host the game for the other player, but this time i tried doing that before restarting even tho my antivirus turns on when windows starts up anyways. any help or suggestion is very welcomed since im pretty sure that something wont let me connect again sooner or later...
04-22-2015, 02:21 AM
I recently got back into playing ppsspp and this game appears to have working multiplayer now. So I am looking for players to help me test it out. This game is one of my favorites but I never got to play it multiplayer. I am willing to try hamachi, evolve, or tunngle whatever works really. Just PM me or reply I'll send you my skype or server info.
01-02-2016, 03:19 AM
Final Fantasy Tactics WOTL NA or EU
I've only tried playing with another on EU version. We're both port forwarded for tunngle. Yet it doesn't work. We tried PPSSPP version 1.0.1 AND 1.1.1

I've also tried getting the PPSSPP version suggested in the compatibility list, but it doesn't have a built in adhoc pro server. I also tried scouring the internet for an adhoc pro server but there only seemed to be one download link which was down.

Has anyone ever got this game to work? If so could you please help me out, and maybe provide me with that adhoc pro server file aswell? so I could try out the version the compatibility list said that worked

ALSO. Have not tried NA version yet. Does it really matter though?
01-02-2016, 07:23 PM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
01-03-2016, 03:15 AM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2016 03:17 AM by AdamN.)
(03-03-2015 08:11 PM)ajikangb Wrote:  EDIT: Well it seems like something doesnt really want to let me host a server SOMETIMES, i just tried to host and be a client and at first it didnt work to host a game but i could still join if someone else would be the host trough hamachi.

Then i restarted my PC and everything magically worked, i hosted a server and ppl could find me trough my hamachi ip, then i tried using the normal latest gold ppsspp build without the special AdamN build from this thread and it also worked, then i tried WHITOUT hamachi and with the normal gold ppsspp using my PCs IP and it also worked (!?!? ... at this point i got really confused since until now i dont really know whats the reason of all this, so if anyone could guide me a little bit and share their experience it could maybe help other ppl aswell and figure out more especific rules to play this game online.

PS: before restarting my PC i disabled and turned off hamachi and my antivirus, for some reason i thought it was my windows firewall or my antivirus firewall the problem, but then when i first tried disabling both it still wouldnt let me host the game for the other player, but this time i tried doing that before restarting even tho my antivirus turns on when windows starts up anyways. any help or suggestion is very welcomed since im pretty sure that something wont let me connect again sooner or later...

May be there were a background service (and not in autorun) happens to run (might be triggered by an app) and use the same port with FF Tactics Wotl, thus after restarting it doesn't run automatically and the port can be used by ppsspp.

If you wanted to know all the ports used by the game, you can check the guide here http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...#pid113644

My Modified PPSSPP :
==============
Win32&64: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2t3mtdhb0f045cn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_Win32x64.zip?dl=0
Android(ARMv7): https://www.dropbox.com/s/b41bm43mtn1gpnn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_ARMv7.apk?dl=0
01-03-2016, 10:39 AM
(01-02-2016 03:19 AM)EKillz Wrote:  I've only tried playing with another on EU version. We're both port forwarded for tunngle. Yet it doesn't work. We tried PPSSPP version 1.0.1 AND 1.1.1

I've also tried getting the PPSSPP version suggested in the compatibility list, but it doesn't have a built in adhoc pro server. I also tried scouring the internet for an adhoc pro server but there only seemed to be one download link which was down.

Has anyone ever got this game to work? If so could you please help me out, and maybe provide me with that adhoc pro server file aswell? so I could try out the version the compatibility list said that worked

ALSO. Have not tried NA version yet. Does it really matter though?

Try using the one in here http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=16972

My Modified PPSSPP :
==============
Win32&64: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2t3mtdhb0f045cn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_Win32x64.zip?dl=0
Android(ARMv7): https://www.dropbox.com/s/b41bm43mtn1gpnn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_ARMv7.apk?dl=0
01-03-2016, 10:51 AM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2016 11:18 AM by EKillz.)
What am I supposed to be trying?

Still won't work with that version. What could be going wrong? Has anyone actually ever been able to play this?

Can someone go completely indepth with how to play this game?
01-05-2016, 06:22 PM
Let's do this
01-12-2016, 08:01 AM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2016 08:02 AM by kite61.)
If anybody is still playing or willing to teach me how to set up/fix my FFT: WOTL online play, I would very much appreciate it! I know its kinda old and repetitive by now, but id love to voice chat with someone that can help me out step by step if possible Big Grin, please let me know! Smile
01-12-2016, 10:38 PM
Yo, Ive gotten to the point where my friend and I are playing FFT: WOTL on ppsspp and he can host and see me join and everything but we cant get past the "searching for partner..." regardless of it detecting that we are both there. We have different MAC addresses, we have tungle set up properly, different nicknames on the ppsspp, we've tried the latest ppsspp builds and an adamN build. Any help please? im so close its killin' me T.T
01-12-2016, 11:10 PM
ok gang I need some help. I have the newest ppsspp. I have a desktop and a laptop. The machines are on the same network and the files are copied so its identical ppsspp builds. I load up FFT on both machines. My desktop is the host so I load up a network via hamachi and that goes fine. On the laptop i get the IPv4 from hamachi and add that in the network settings.

Both have wlan enabled

Go to the tavern - desktop hosts a battle (it says network initialized) and laptop tries to join. But like always it still just times out....any advice??