Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PSN Download without a PSP?
09-21-2014, 07:18 PM
PSN Download without a PSP?
Is it legal/possible for me to download a game off of PSN onto my computer and then play it on the emulator without owning a PSP? If it isn't I'll probably go pick up a used system, but I the relatively small subset of games I'm interested in might not justify the relatively big expenditure.

Thanks for any answers I get. This is my first post, so if I'm breaking any rules that I'm unaware of then I'll remove this post.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-22-2014, 09:03 PM
RE: PSN Download without a PSP?
Nope you can only download stuff from the PS Store to a PS3/4/P.
09-22-2014, 11:52 PM
You could possibly use MediaGo for Windows, but I don't know if you can get at raw files without having a real PSP connected.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
09-23-2014, 02:02 AM
(09-22-2014 11:52 PM)TheDax Wrote:  You could possibly use MediaGo for Windows, but I don't know if you can get at raw files without having a real PSP connected.

You can get to them with media go, then use a program called PSN converter to turn the games into iso files. It's how I made copies of all my games.
09-28-2014, 10:58 PM
Interesting, thanks, I'll look into that.
09-29-2014, 10:57 PM
I've managed to get mediago to work, and have the games I would like to play purchased and downloaded, but can't find a reputable program that can convert them into playable format. Do you guys have any advice on where I can find that?

Thanks.
09-30-2014, 12:17 PM
Actually, I've managed to get my hands on a used PSP from a friend. Thank you anyway!