Thread Rating:
  • 19 Votes - 4.16 Average
Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII
05-25-2016, 04:37 AM
final fantasy crisis core problem
How to fix blinking image during fight on crisis core??..i use ppsspp gold version 1.1.1..
Help please..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-25-2016, 10:24 AM
RE: final fantasy crisis core problem
Flickering? Use Buffered Rendering

Old laptop: Lenovo G458
AMD/ATI Radeon HD 7310 | 1366x768@60Hz | APU E1-1200 Dual Core | 2.5 GB DDR3 400MHz | Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit

New laptop: Lenovo ideapad 100
Nvidia Geforce 920M 2GB / Intel HD Graphics 5500 | 1366x768@60Hz | Intel Core i3-5005U 2GB | 2GB DDR3 2000MHz | Window 10 Home 64-bit
05-25-2016, 03:39 PM
RE: Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
06-13-2016, 10:58 PM
Consistent crash at the beginning of the game.
I decided to start another playthrough of Crisis Core; and set up the latest version of PPSSPP (1.2.2) to do so.
Everything runs fine, up until the very first fight. The moment I attack, PPSSPP crashes.
Every time, without fail.
I've tried multiple combinations of graphics settings, system settings, sound settings...everything in an attempt to figure out why this is happening.

Googling the problem turns up someone on Reddit having the same issue roughly 2 years ago, but with no resolution mentioned.

My PC is definitely capable of handling the game, i5-4690k, r9 290, 8gb RAM.
Any input on this situation?
06-14-2016, 12:09 AM
@Darkus if you enabled "multithreading" in system settings, disable it and forget it even exists ~ on most decent hardware you have absolutely no reasons to use it and the word "experimental" is just nice way of saying "buggy" - the crash you experience is known to be caused by it(as well as many other crashes and glitches in other games).

You might also want to restart emulation reloading from in-game save(if there even is such soo early ~ forgot;p) instead of loading savestates as they preserve most bugs.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
06-14-2016, 06:35 PM
Yep, that was it!
I had tried multiple combinations of settings, but I was consistently using the same save state.
Multithreading off on a new save let me pass by the area, and simply out of curiosity, Multithreading on on a new save presented the crash.

Thank you
06-29-2016, 06:26 PM
First time playing this on PPSSPP v1.1.1 on a 2013 Macbook Pro. I get black boxes around numbers, and various other graphics glitches as well. I've tried messing around with the settings but to no avail. Read through the whole thread and followed what others had to say as possible fixes, but they didn't work either. (Default settings don't work as well) Hope someone can help me, thanks.

P.S. couldn't add any pictures for some reason, so the link to the picture is: imgur(dot)com(slash)0l6Jdfg
06-30-2016, 10:05 AM (This post was last modified: 06-30-2016 10:11 AM by LunaMoo.)
You can't post links until around 8 post count, but that's just an anti-spam-bot feature, not an actual rule or anything.
(06-29-2016 06:26 PM)sharpshoeter23 Wrote:  (...)
http://imgur.com/0l6Jdfg

Some of the minor issues there like the gray background on the letters within the HP/MP/AP bars are easily reproduced by non buffered rendering.
Changing it in game will not instantly fix this and you also might have or had at some point activated other game breaking settings, so best just restore all settings to default(using option in system settings) then restart emulation and reload from normal in-game save.
~ Avoiding savestates since they keep most issues including those caused by settings and unfortunately by popular demand we keep quite a few of options which cause more troubles than it's worth.

As far as I can tell not all of the glitches from your screenshot can be reproduced by settings, so if default settings+restart without savestates as noted above doesn't help it might be an issue with your graphic drivers.

You could also update to latest ppsspp version since 1.1.1 is quite ancient already, through this game worked exactly same as far as I can tell from short testing.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
06-30-2016, 12:25 PM
Thanks, I tried that too, but it's still screwed up. v1.1.1 is actually the latest version out on OSX, so I'll just try updating my OS, as the graphics drivers are updated that way, lol.
10-02-2016, 02:15 PM
Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core Crash warning
Just wanted to say that if you use Multitasking with Crisis Core, It will crash.

Just a little warning Smile

This is a signature.
10-17-2016, 04:17 PM (This post was last modified: 10-17-2016 05:42 PM by Ultimatek.)
If anyone is interested in fixing the flickering/blinking effects during combat, select "Disable alpha test(PowerVR speedup, artifacts)" under system options, graphic tab, hack settings. It fixed mine. The down side is occasional missing backgrounds or transparencies. Using a netbook (AtomN2600/GMA3600) with PPSSPP v1.3. Hope it helps.
11-25-2016, 06:05 PM (This post was last modified: 11-25-2016 06:24 PM by sdeligar.)
Been trying to play this on v1.3-150(latest git build as of 11/22/2016 but the text is invisible. During the first fight again the Shinra troops and Bahamut the names and such after broken and unreadable. I'll try to get a screenshot uploaded of that. I've tried multiple fixes and nothing seems to be helping. I've tried all the options under hacks individually and together as well as multiple settings under other options. I'm hoping somebody here will suggest something I've over looked.

I was having some crackling audio when the game first starts and is playing the intro video though it seemed just fine once I was actually playing the game. I was able to fix of that using Direct3d 9 instead of OpenGL.

I'm running on a 4970K and GTX1060 if anybody thinks that will matter.

Edit: Thing is I know it should work because in the past I tried to play but my pc at the time was to slow and lagged so much it was unplayable but the text and everything worked just fine. Unfortunately I don't remember what version that was or anything like that.

Edit 2: Here is a screen shot during the battle. http://pasteboard.co/2iactVZmD.jpg This is during a conversation just after the fight: http://pasteboard.co/edQZHlwg.jpg
11-25-2016, 06:28 PM
(06-30-2016 10:05 AM)LunaMoo Wrote:  You can't post links until around 8 post count, but that's just an anti-spam-bot feature, not an actual rule or anything.
(06-29-2016 06:26 PM)sharpshoeter23 Wrote:  (...)
http://imgur.com/0l6Jdfg

Some of the minor issues there like the gray background on the letters within the HP/MP/AP bars are easily reproduced by non buffered rendering.
Changing it in game will not instantly fix this and you also might have or had at some point activated other game breaking settings, so best just restore all settings to default(using option in system settings) then restart emulation and reload from normal in-game save.
~ Avoiding savestates since they keep most issues including those caused by settings and unfortunately by popular demand we keep quite a few of options which cause more troubles than it's worth.

As far as I can tell not all of the glitches from your screenshot can be reproduced by settings, so if default settings+restart without savestates as noted above doesn't help it might be an issue with your graphic drivers.

You could also update to latest ppsspp version since 1.1.1 is quite ancient already, through this game worked exactly same as far as I can tell from short testing.

for me, having full linear filtering on causes the black boxes around the numbers. Auto or Linear on FMV I usually have this game set to.
11-25-2016, 07:09 PM (This post was last modified: 11-26-2016 12:22 AM by sdeligar.)
Alright so in the interest of testing all possibilities I went and downloaded v1.1.1 and found the exact same problem. Since so many others have been able to play this game without problem I'm wondering if maybe I'm missing something in my download or something I should install? Any suggestions?

Edit: Solved the problem. Turns out the dump I used was glitched. Made a new one and it's working perfectly now.
02-16-2017, 09:17 PM
Help with ff7cc
When I start crisis core it is just a black screen then stated that ppsspp has stop working.. what do i do?