Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Final Fantasy II
12-31-2015, 03:32 AM
RE: Final Fantasy II
Astrial, you can try using a different IO timing method maybe, but it shouldn't be necessary to. Can you upload your save data somewhere?

-[Unknown]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2016, 07:18 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2016 07:20 PM by Astrial.)
(12-31-2015 03:32 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Astrial, you can try using a different IO timing method maybe, but it shouldn't be necessary to. Can you upload your save data somewhere?

-[Unknown]

I tried it on Fast, Host, and Simulate UMD. No success. I left it running on high speed to see if anything would change, but I'm still frozen after a few dialogs with the Dark Knight.

Here's my save file (the forum wouldn't let me upload it for some reason): http://www.filedropper.com/ulus102631004
01-02-2016, 10:34 PM
Can you use a save file near the end?

Also, it looks like you're using an extracted ISO, which is useful for debugging, but can sometimes have bugs that won't happen with a regular ISO. Some games actually rely on files being in very specific places on the ISO.

Additionally, the IO timing methods will not work with the extracted ISO, iirc.

-[Unknown]
01-06-2016, 08:08 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2016 08:59 PM by Astrial.)
(01-02-2016 10:34 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Can you use a save file near the end?

Also, it looks like you're using an extracted ISO, which is useful for debugging, but can sometimes have bugs that won't happen with a regular ISO. Some games actually rely on files being in very specific places on the ISO.

Additionally, the IO timing methods will not work with the extracted ISO, iirc.

-[Unknown]

Hm? The save file should be right when you talk to the Dark Knight. Edit: Just walk up, he's waiting there.

Thanks for the input on the ISOs. All of mine were in a .rar file which I then extracted, and I never had any issues.

I tried all three, but nothing changed in game. Same bug with the Dark Knight; after a few dialog boxes, the game freezes but the sound still played in the background. I assume it must be some sort of scripting error, since the game isn't "fully" frozen.

Also, thanks for your time.
01-06-2016, 11:55 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2016 11:57 PM by Astrial.)
Double post time:

I fixed it! It had to be what you said; the ISO being the issue. Iirc, the ISO was split into multiple little .rar files, that when extracted, combined into one. That must have been causing the issue. Weird how only that part of the game was affected, but I'm finally able to move forward. So 30~ hours didn't go down the drain, lol. Anyway, thank you very much for your assistance. I just have to get Final Fantasy III running now.

(06-15-2015 03:47 PM)NevahNo Wrote:  Hi, I'm having a problem where the game freezes after the dialogue with the Dark Knight. I really want to finish this game, especially now that I am so close to the end.

Thanks in advance...

If you're still around, a fix has been found.
01-28-2016, 03:58 AM (This post was last modified: 01-28-2016 03:52 PM by vnctdj.)
How to download this game ?
Im newbie here, thanks

Edit by vnctdj : Piracy is not allowed on our forum, please respect the rules.
01-28-2016, 05:34 AM
Step 1: Purchase it.
Step 2: http://ppsspp.org/faq.html

-[Unknown]
03-03-2016, 10:22 PM
Is there any way to fix the major frame dropping for the world map? Final Fantasy I and IV both play perfectly on the world map, but II's is barely playable at the maximum frameskip.
07-08-2016, 08:01 PM
I have been messing (very cautiously) with the settings to try and fix the phantom sprite issue in battle with no luck for a few days now. Have any of you enterprising people managed to find how to stop this issue?

Other than this one issue the game seems to run flawlessly for me.

Thanks in advance!
07-08-2016, 11:27 PM
@all0096 this game doesn't have any "phantom sprite issue in battle", soo it's more than likely caused by your settings, probably one of the two ~ Retain changed textures or Lazy texture caching.

If you don't use any of those go to system settings, press "Restore PPSSPP's to default" to purge all and hopefully have the game issue free. You might also need to restart emulation and reload without using savestates to see any improvement if your problem is caused by anything that stays in memory.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
08-31-2016, 05:11 AM (This post was last modified: 08-31-2016 05:12 AM by Jairus.)
Hello all, having some problems with this game and I'm hoping you all can help. First, and most importantly, there are several towns I just can't enter, because when I do, the screen just goes black and the emulator hangs. Gatrea, Salamand, Bafsk. I haven't gone further in the game than that yet, so I don't know what other areas are affected. But I can get into Altair, Fynn, Paloom, and Poft just fine.

Also, if I run the game at anything higher than 1x PSP resolution I get horizontal black lines across the character portraits and on other screens, and even when I don't, there's a vertical black line that cuts down through the status bars that show the weapon levels.

Here are my system specs:

3.8Ghz AMD FX 6300 6-core processor
16GB RAM
Windows 8.1 64bit
AMD Radeon R7 370 graphics card

FF1 works perfectly so I don't know why FF2 is having such problems. Anyway, I appreciate any help you guys can give. Thanks!
10-28-2016, 11:56 PM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2016 12:30 AM by Papashango.)
(12-29-2015 12:41 PM)visiorama Wrote:  It appears the problem is much more prevalent when there's more enemies on the screen. With 8 enemies on the screen the problem happens everytime.

I'm having the same problem.Using the latest ppsspp default setting,lazy texture uncheck etc.Is there a fix for that? The game is fully playable but it's kinda distracting.Both with the US and EU iso.
10-31-2016, 10:16 PM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2016 10:17 PM by fdubus.)
Hello all, first time post here, I registered especially for that.

I'm having the same problem with Final Fantasy II and Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection.
In FF2 if I enter into some villages, the emu crashes, I'm getting a black screen, my video driver is then not responding before recovering.
In FFIV the same is happening in some areas (at the last level of After Years for example).

I'm having the issue only while using OpenGL backend. Sadly D3D backend comes with some problems as well : 4xGSLS seems not working, heavy lag, sound is crackling, sometimes sprites are upscaled sometimes not (pixels appearing), and some FX doesn't show, for example in the town of Gatrea (FF2) the transparent clouds are not showing, while the animation is weird like the character is moving choppy. If I try to enter this town with OpenGL Backend then it is crash + videos drivers not responding...

The issue came after AMD issued their Crimsons Drivers.

PPSSPP is an awesome application, huge thanks for providing it, I just hope I'll be able to use it again after some fixes.

My rig is Win 7 x64 with 2 Radeon R9 200, 16 Go ram
11-27-2016, 07:25 PM
(10-31-2016 10:16 PM)fdubus Wrote:  Hello all, first time post here, I registered especially for that.

I'm having the same problem with Final Fantasy II and Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection.
In FF2 if I enter into some villages, the emu crashes, I'm getting a black screen, my video driver is then not responding before recovering.
In FFIV the same is happening in some areas (at the last level of After Years for example).

I'm having the issue only while using OpenGL backend. Sadly D3D backend comes with some problems as well : 4xGSLS seems not working, heavy lag, sound is crackling, sometimes sprites are upscaled sometimes not (pixels appearing), and some FX doesn't show, for example in the town of Gatrea (FF2) the transparent clouds are not showing, while the animation is weird like the character is moving choppy. If I try to enter this town with OpenGL Backend then it is crash + videos drivers not responding...

PPSSPP is an awesome application, huge thanks for providing it, I just hope I'll be able to use it again after some fixes.

Did you manage to solve this? I have the same issue.

FF1 (along with a large variety of other psp games, blazblue, mh, tekken, etc) played near perfect the whole way through the game.

Opengl crashes everytime I enter gatrea, goes to a black screen, and then the program stops responding when the monitor comes back.

Vulcan barely runs and crashes almost instantly when doing anything.

Direct3D manages to load the town with graphical issues and poor performance.

Tried playing with some Radeon settings as well as PPSSPP Settings to no avail. Perhaps someone can point me in the right direction? Thankss

Windows 10 x64, Radeon R9 380, i7 3.7ghz, 16 gb ram.
12-24-2016, 03:24 AM
(11-27-2016 07:25 PM)Blicer Wrote:  
(10-31-2016 10:16 PM)fdubus Wrote:  Hello all, first time post here, I registered especially for that.

Did you manage to solve this? I have the same issue.

FF1 (along with a large variety of other psp games, blazblue, mh, tekken, etc) played near perfect the whole way through the game.

Opengl crashes everytime I enter gatrea, goes to a black screen, and then the program stops responding when the monitor comes back.

Vulcan barely runs and crashes almost instantly when doing anything.

Direct3D manages to load the town with graphical issues and poor performance.

Tried playing with some Radeon settings as well as PPSSPP Settings to no avail. Perhaps someone can point me in the right direction? Thankss

Windows 10 x64, Radeon R9 380, i7 3.7ghz, 16 gb ram.
Not managed yet sadly. I know for sure it is working well with Nvidia cards. I've tested with a friends' computer. Sadly I'm an ATI guy so FFII (and Final Fantasy IV too, I've made a post in FFIV thread also) isn't working for me for a while now. I really hope the dev(s) will stuble on this thread.

I have a small problem with HQ4X too since a few updates, the image is all messed up. If I copy and older HQ4X files (from previous PPSSPP versions) then HQ4X shows fine, but still the crashes with FFIV FFII. If I use directX then no filters and very poor performances too.