Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Xiaomi Mi 3 Performance on PPSSPP
09-16-2014, 11:05 AM
Xiaomi Mi 3 Performance on PPSSPP
Hey guys, I'm getting a Xiaomi Mi 3 next week and I'm thinking of using PPSSPP on it. I'm planning to play Final Fantasy: Dissidia, MHFU and maybe a bit of Tekken 6 and GoW. Just asking, how is the performance on the Xiaomi Mi 3 for PPSSPP and will I be able to run the games I want to run? Thanks in advance.

Mi 3 Specs:
Snapdragon 800 8274AB
Adreno 330
2 GB LPDDR3 RAM
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-16-2014, 01:28 PM
RE: Xiaomi Mi 3 Performance on PPSSPP
If you're ok with some frameskipping, you should be fine for most of those games. A few of them are pretty demanding as of now so don't expect it to be close to full speed without frameskipping. Use the sticky thread above this forum section to configure it to your liking.
09-17-2014, 11:24 AM
I obtained the phone early this afternoon and I got to play with it a little. Dissidia and MHFU run flawlessly without changing any settings. The only problem I ran into was Tekken 6, completely different beast with only 10 FPS and unplayable. Haven't tested GoW yet though.
09-18-2014, 05:02 PM (This post was last modified: 09-18-2014 05:06 PM by fivefeet8.)
I've seen that Tegra 4 devices run PPSSPP comparatively better than Snapdragon chipsets. The Xiaomi Mi3 also comes in a Tegra4 version I believe, but unforunately, almost all Android devices won't run PPSSPP on most games without frameskipping.