Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Trouble with LAN Ad-Hoc Multiplayer
09-12-2014, 01:50 AM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2014 04:06 PM by BigBroly.)
Trouble with LAN Ad-Hoc Multiplayer
Hello all,

I registered here because I have researched for a couple days now and I couldn't find an exact solution to my issue. I was wondering if someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong. My brother and I are trying to play LAN ad-hoc multiplayer on games like Tekken 5, BlazBlue, and MHFU. I have followed many tutorials, but cannot seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I am able to set up the server and connect to it and so is my brother, however, the problem is neither one of us can see each other in the lobby of any game. I have allowed the adhoc and ppsspp .exe files through Windows firewall private and public. I have set up both ppsspp.ini files correctly (both users have different MAC addresses and same host IP). I have even tried setting the host IP in DMZ mode on the router, but the results are the same. I have even tried setting up the server on a Virtualbox VM (with no antivirus installed) to make sure my antivirus of my main OS wasn't affecting anything. The results were the same - I can't see anyone join the lobby. The screens just look identical displaying empty lobbies on both PPSSPP's. Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?

EDIT: I should mention I found a post with someone who had the same issues as this and he fixed it because both users had "different localizations" whatever that means. Can someone explain what he meant by that?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2014, 10:56 PM
RE: Trouble with LAN Ad-Hoc Multiplayer
Broly, are you sure have you check the firewall on your VM/other pc? are you sure you have taken off Fast memory? are you sure you allowed it on your antivirus? Try using Hamachi, or Tunngle. Or just use the Ad Hoc connections on W7 (If you're using it).

I do alot of computing.
09-12-2014, 11:08 PM
Hey MonsterHunterLover,

Thanks for replying. I do not have antivirus running on the VM where the adhoc server is and have allowed both PPSSPP and adhoc server through the Windows firewall. Both VM and main OS are Windows 7. I have both PPSSPPs set up for Fast Memory off and enable WLAN. I just can't figure out for the life of me what I'm doing wrong. I tried Hamachi just to see and it gave me the same results as before. BlazBlue Continuum Shift II is on the compatible list, so I'm not sure what's wrong.
09-13-2014, 01:00 AM
Did you try Tunngle? I haven't used it but it might work..... Maybe you should try talking to people who has gotten it to work.