Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Regress In Performance. (Android)
08-26-2014, 10:44 PM
Regress In Performance. (Android)
In the early days of this emulator, I could remember how bad the speed and compatibility of this emulator was. But with time things started getting better around v0.9.5 till 0.9.8, but somewhere in the middle of 0.9.8xxxx till date, the overall performance of this emulator has regressed. Though some people will say that emulation has gotten better, I really don't know when they started using this emulator & how many builds they have tested, or how many devices they have tested in on..... But I can comfortably say that things have been going down south in regards to speed of emulation. If you doubt me, why not try a 0.9.7 build and compare it with a recent build & see for yourself what I have been talking about. I am pleading on the developers to look into all this. I know having wide compatibility and all that is good, but lets not sacrifice the overall performance of this emulator for the sake of few games.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-26-2014, 11:21 PM (This post was last modified: 08-26-2014 11:30 PM by solarmystic.)
RE: Regress In Performance. (Android)
It'd be more helpful to the developers if you could specify a narrower range/precisely (exact version numbers would help here, e.g. v0.9.8-395-gcc933d6) when it got slower for your specific device. (which Android device is it?)

Yes, it'd take quite a lot of time and effort on your part, but you are more likely to get a positive and definitive response from them if you do so. You cannot expect them to do anything if they do not know what the exact responsible builds/commits are. That's what the buildbot is for, and it contains build as far back as 0.9.7 for you to conduct your testing with.

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
08-26-2014, 11:39 PM
Isn't this just the same as your previous topic?

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...883&page=2

It sounds like PPSSPP is taking too little resources on your phone now, so your phone thinks it has nothing to do and underclocks itself to save battery.

-[Unknown]
08-27-2014, 08:16 AM
Tried 0.9.7 and didnt notice any improvements. Tekken6 got slower!
08-29-2014, 01:55 PM
Tekken has gotten better because of some optimisations on the graphical aspect that haven't been implemented back then on 0.9.7xxxx. Try other games that run fine on v0.9.7 & try them on v0.9.9 & see for yourself. My device runs Tekken @ 47fps without frameskip on v0.9.7, now it's like 49fps, so the difference isn't that much.