RE: PPSSPP on Ubuntu
I made some progress with Qt build.

Error:
make[1]: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/qt5/bin/lrelease: Command not found

Solution
sudo apt-get install qttools5-dev-tools
----------------------
Error:
../native/base/QtMain.cpp:8:30: fatal error: QtGui/QApplication: No such file or directory

Solution:
su
cp -R /usr/include/qt4/QtGui/QApplication /usr/include/qt5/QtGui/
----------------------
Error:
../native/base/QtMain.h:9:24: fatal error: QAudioOutput: No such file or directory

Solution:
sudo apt-get install qtmobility-dev
sudo apt-get install libdeclarative-multimedia

edit PPSSPP.pro

Add:
INCLUDEPATH += /usr/include/QtMultimediaKit
INCLUDEPATH += /usr/include/QtMobility

------------------
Now I need to solve this error:
Code:
cyclonmaster@cyclonmaster-PC:~/ppsspp/Qt$ rm Makefile*
rm: cannot remove ‘Makefile*’: No such file or directory
cyclonmaster@cyclonmaster-PC:~/ppsspp/Qt$ qmake PPSSPPQt.pro && make
( test -f Makefile.Native || /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/qt5/bin/qmake /home/cyclonmaster/ppsspp/Qt/Native.pro -o Makefile.Native ) && make -f Makefile.Native
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/cyclonmaster/ppsspp/Qt'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `first'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/cyclonmaster/ppsspp/Qt'
( test -f Makefile.Core || /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/qt5/bin/qmake /home/cyclonmaster/ppsspp/Qt/Core.pro -o Makefile.Core ) && make -f Makefile.Core
( test -f Makefile.Common || /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/qt5/bin/qmake /home/cyclonmaster/ppsspp/Qt/Common.pro -o Makefile.Common ) && make -f Makefile.Common
( test -f Makefile.PPSSPP || /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/qt5/bin/qmake /home/cyclonmaster/ppsspp/Qt/PPSSPP.pro -o Makefile.PPSSPP ) && make -f Makefile.PPSSPP
g++ -c -pipe -Wno-unused-function -Wno-unused-variable -Wno-multichar -Wno-uninitialized -Wno-ignored-qualifiers -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wno-unused-parameter -std=c++0x -ffast-math -fno-strict-aliasing -msse2 -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIE -DUSING_QT_UI -DQT_HAS_SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_OPENGL_LIB -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I/usr/share/qt5/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/QtMultimediaKit -I/usr/include/QtMobility -I../ext/zlib -I../native/ext/glew -I../Common -I.. -I../Common -I../native -I../Qt -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/qt5 -I/usr/include/qt5/QtOpenGL -I/usr/include/qt5/QtWidgets -I/usr/include/qt5/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt5/QtCore -Imoc -Iui -o QtMain.o ../native/base/QtMain.cpp
In file included from ../native/base/QtMain.cpp:18:0:
../native/base/QtMain.h: In constructor ‘MainUI::MainUI(float, QWidget*)’:
../native/base/QtMain.h:57:16: error: ‘WA_LockLandscapeOrientation’ is not a member of ‘Qt’
../native/base/QtMain.cpp: In function ‘int main(int, char**)’:
../native/base/QtMain.cpp:78:23: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ [-Wwrite-strings]
make[1]: *** [QtMain.o] Error 1
make: *** [sub-PPSSPP-pro-make_first-ordered] Error 2
cyclonmaster@cyclonmaster-PC:~/ppsspp/Qt$
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2013, 04:43 AM
It's not designed for Qt5, but instead Qt4. That's why you had to change things.

-[Unknown]
05-09-2013, 07:45 AM
Installed Qt from http://developer.ubuntu.com/get-started/qt-creator/
Checked that it is:
Qt Creator 2.7.0
Based on Qt 5.0.1

How to use Qt4? Should I uninstall this Qt Creator 2.7.0?
Then how to install Qt4? Any guide?
05-09-2013, 07:55 AM
I'm not sure, but I think you can keep Qt Creator 2.7.0. I think you just need to install qt4-dev-tools, and maybe qt4-mobility or something like that... (sorry, I don't use Ubuntu.)

-[Unknown]
05-09-2013, 08:13 AM
I already have qt4-dev-tools and qtmobility-dev installed.
05-09-2013, 08:33 AM
> but I think you can keep Qt Creator 2.7.0.
Yes, my Ubuntu 12.10 system was: linux x64, Qt Creator 2.5.2
Based on Qt 4.8.2 (64 bit), but now I've updated to Ubuntu 13.04 and it is:linux x64, Qt Creator 2.7.0 Based on Qt 5.0.1 (64 bit).
Anyway I can still choose the "old" toolchain with Qt 4.8.2.

So I guess that cyclonmaster should try to install Qt 4.8.2 side by side to Qt 5.0.1: it must be possible, but I got no clue on how to do it.

As far as the problems I was experiencing, which were:
1) If I download a prebuilt PPSSPPSDL version for Linux x64, everything works and I can use the keys IJKL (as far as I remember) to control the analog input.
2) When I build the Qt version (PPSSPPQt) myself and I start the emulator, the analog input keeps going right and any pressure to ANY key can't stop it (it seems like the analog input is both "locked" and furthermore not mapped to any key: the reconfiguration screen can map all the keys except the analog input...).

Well, now the analog input is not "locked" anymore, but still the "analog" keys IJKL do not seem to be working.
05-09-2013, 11:37 PM
How do you choose "old" toolchain with Qt 4.8.2? I'm clueless.
05-10-2013, 08:06 AM
> How do you choose "old" toolchain with Qt 4.8.2?
At the left side there are "Welcome,Edit,Design,Debug,Projects,Analyze,Help" icons in a column. Right ?
Choose "Projects" (with the PPSSPPQt.pro solution open).
Now in this new version of Qt Creator, toolchains are called "Kits", as far as I can understand. You can "add" new kits side by side, but in this case it's better to "switch" them directly. Now my Qt 5.0.1 kit is simply named "Desktop" and my Qt 4.8.2 kit is named something like: "Desktop-Qt 4.8.2 in PATH (System)": I can directly switch to it by placing the mouse in the dark squared box with the "Build" and "Run" buttons: a new arrow button appears and I can choose "Change Kit" from it.

However, if you need to "create" a new Kit manually, you probably need to tweak the setting from the main menu ("Tools/Options/Build & Run"); but I can't help you further since I didn't need to change these settings.
05-13-2013, 12:42 AM
Delete all ppsspp folder and fresh grab the files code through git again.

Code:
cd Qt
qmake PPSSPPQt.pro && make
./PPSSPPQt

Instead of above command, I run it like this

Code:
cd Qt
qmake-qt4 PPSSPPQt.pro && make
./PPSSPPQt

Now get this error:
Code:
cyclonmaster@cyclonmaster-PC:~/ppsspp/Qt$ qmake-qt4 PPSSPPQt.pro && make
/usr/bin/qmake-qt4 /home/cyclonmaster/ppsspp/Qt/Native.pro -o Makefile.Native
make -f Makefile.Native
gcc -c -pipe -O2 -fPIC -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DUSING_QT_UI -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_OPENGL_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtOpenGL -I/usr/include/qt4 -I../ext/zlib -I../native/ext/glew -I../Common -I../native/ext/rg_etc1 -I../native/ext/cityhash -I../native/ext/stb_image -I../native/ext/stb_vorbis -I../ext/snappy -I../native -I/usr/X11R6/include -I. -o glew.o ../native/ext/glew/glew.c
gcc: error trying to exec 'cc1': execvp: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [glew.o] Error 1
make: *** [sub-Native-pro-make_default-ordered] Error 2
cyclonmaster@cyclonmaster-PC:~/ppsspp/Qt$

Compiling through command line seem not work. Tried it through Qt Creator. Change the toolchan kit into Qt4.8.4.

All run well now. Qt build successfully with some notification warning, too many of them. But still working.
05-13-2013, 08:24 AM (This post was last modified: 05-13-2013 08:43 AM by LemonTree.)
(05-13-2013 12:42 AM)cyclonmaster Wrote:  Change the toolchan kit into Qt4.8.4.All run well now. Qt build successfully with some notification warning, too many of them. But still working.
Glad it worked for youWink The problem is that it doesn't work for me anymoreUndecided. I get these errors:
Code:
./ppsspp/Core/FileSystems/BlockDevices.cpp:-1: error: undefined reference to `lzrc_decompress(void*, int, void*, int)'
./ppsspp/Core/HLE/HLETables.cpp:-1: error: undefined reference to `Register_sceMp3()'
:-1: error: collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Can anybody help me please ?

[SOLVED BY MYSELF]: I had to delete my old git ppsspp folder and clone the git repository (plus submodules) again. I wonder if I need to do so everytime I compile a new version of the program...
05-13-2013, 08:59 AM
I only get a success build on Debug version. Release version doesn't work.
05-14-2013, 07:36 AM
> I only get a success build on Debug version. Release version doesn't work.
Nope, I've always compiled the release build only and I've had no problems: so I guess that:
1) Maybe you have not switched the toolchain-kit of the release version.
2) Maybe you need to re-clone the whole git repository again (like I had to do).
1) Maybe it's just something temporary related to the git version of a particular moment in time...
05-14-2013, 08:02 AM
You generally shouldn't have to reclone. Instead, you can:

# Get rid of anything you have modified (git stash pop to restore it.)
git stash

# Get the latest code.
git pull --rebase

# Update submodules like native, lang, and ffmpeg so that you don't get build errors.
git submodule update

-[Unknown]
05-15-2013, 03:29 PM
./b.sh didnt worked so i went straight to cd. then i tried ./ppsspp and got bash: ./ppsspp: No such file or directory. what to do? Confused
05-15-2013, 03:45 PM
try superuser mode:

su
./b.sh