Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PPSSPP problems
08-19-2014, 02:46 PM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2014 03:11 PM by fabio87a.)
PPSSPP problems
Hi everyone!
I just downloaded the android version, have been using the win version before with no problems.
The problem is that it lags a LOT and i wonder if there's something wrong with the settings, because my device is not exactly top notch but is not that bad either, especially if compared to the previous gen models.
I have a Xiaomi Redmi 1S, with snapdragon 400 quadcore clocked at 1.6 GHz and adreno 305 GPU (updated to last FW), all the other native android games (Dead trigger, zenonia, etc) work well.
I tried a few games (FF Dissidia 12, Ratchet and clank, FF7 crisis core, GoW Chains of olympus), and they lag so much they can't be played at all.
Is there anyone that can help me with system settings to smooth the gameplay? Is anyone here using my same device or a similar one (Moto G, LG G2 mini or other snapdragon 400)?

ty in advance

EDIT

I followed this guide (http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5352) and changed 2 values as advised for android users
1) BUFFERED RENDERING -> NON BUFFERED RENDERING
2) CHANGE CPU CLOCK 0 -> 60

the games are playable now, altough still not satisfactory, in some situations there are graphics anomalies (the screen goes black or there are red lines on the screen borders) but acceptable.
what else can i change?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-19-2014, 03:35 PM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2014 03:39 PM by cybercjt.)
RE: PPSSPP problems
Well that's how it goes on Non-Buffered Rendering because it is a Speedhack at the cost of (in some games) missing textures, effects etc.

Buffered Rendering is much more PSP like but for some android (depends on device) users it cause performance drop so they prefer Non-Buffered :/

Chill and Go with the flow ~d[o_o]b~

@YT - youtube.com/user/SuperHack333/videos

Specs:
MDL: Dell G7 15 7590 (Laptop)
OPS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU: Intel Core i7-9750h @ 2.60 Ghz ~ 4.50 Ghz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GDDR6 @ 1455 Mhz ~ 1590 Mhz
RAM: Micron Tech. 8GB DDR4 @ 2666 Mhz (4x2)
08-19-2014, 03:48 PM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2014 03:48 PM by fabio87a.)
another thing that's no good is the audio... it's very distorted
08-22-2014, 03:02 PM
The lower cpu clock (60) give us more speed, but it's not satisfactory, it may cause audio issues, frame drop, and slow down in some games. The non-buffer rendering is a speed hack that disable some graphic features which make the emulation more fast. If you wanna better graphics enable the buffer rendering (graphics near to real PSP), and for it doesn't be so slower, use the rendering resolution at 1x PSP. And if you wanna avoid emulation issues, use a higher clock than 60, 111 would be good, the more powerful the device is, the more you can increase the clock. Mine is Galaxy SII, isn't so powerful, so I use it at 60, if you have a more powerful device, you can increase a little. Yours seems better, then try using at 111.

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
08-24-2014, 07:20 AM
(08-22-2014 03:02 PM)GuilhermeGS2 Wrote:  The lower cpu clock (60) give us more speed, but it's not satisfactory, it may cause audio issues, frame drop, and slow down in some games. The non-buffer rendering is a speed hack that disable some graphic features which make the emulation more fast. If you wanna better graphics enable the buffer rendering (graphics near to real PSP), and for it doesn't be so slower, use the rendering resolution at 1x PSP. And if you wanna avoid emulation issues, use a higher clock than 60, 111 would be good, the more powerful the device is, the more you can increase the clock. Mine is Galaxy SII, isn't so powerful, so I use it at 60, if you have a more powerful device, you can increase a little. Yours seems better, then try using at 111.
ty I already changed the resolution to 1xpsp a couple of days ago, I'm now trying to set speed to 111