Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Popolocrois
10-26-2015, 10:51 PM
Popolocrois (USA) on Nvidia Shield Portable?
Hey all. Smile

I'm hoping someone here can help me out. I recently tried playing a game I own on PSP, Popolocrois (the USA version), on PPSSPP for my Nvidia Shield Portable.

The game runs okay, but the text on the main screen as well as the chat boxes is a bright neon green that is very hard to read.

I have tried many different settings in the emulator settings and nothing really seems to work. Setting it to inverse colors makes the text purple and readable, but of course this is not a good solution for me since I want normal colors. Tongue

Anyone have any ideas as to how to fix this issue? Would love to continue playing this on my new portable device. Smile

Thanks!

- Fluent
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-27-2015, 05:09 PM
RE: Popolocrois
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
10-30-2015, 05:08 AM
(10-26-2015 10:51 PM)fluent Wrote:  I'm hoping someone here can help me out. I recently tried playing a game I own on PSP, Popolocrois (the USA version), on PPSSPP for my Nvidia Shield Portable.

Hmm, this sounds strange. Can you try resetting to default settings?

This displays correctly for me on an NVIDIA SHIELD TV (I realize the hardware is pretty different from a Portable), and I don't think I've ever seen green before on any other device.

Are you using the latest git build?

-[Unknown]
10-30-2015, 12:14 PM
(10-30-2015 05:08 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  
(10-26-2015 10:51 PM)fluent Wrote:  I'm hoping someone here can help me out. I recently tried playing a game I own on PSP, Popolocrois (the USA version), on PPSSPP for my Nvidia Shield Portable.

Hmm, this sounds strange. Can you try resetting to default settings?

This displays correctly for me on an NVIDIA SHIELD TV (I realize the hardware is pretty different from a Portable), and I don't think I've ever seen green before on any other device.

Are you using the latest git build?

-[Unknown]

Tried resetting settings, didn't work. Latest git build? I'm using v. 1.1.1, I believe. Thanks.
10-30-2015, 02:44 PM
You can get the git builds here:
http://ppsspp.org/downloads.html#devbuilds

They're newer and include more changes than v1.1.1. Sometimes these changes break things, more often they fix things.

But I'm not aware of fixing anything that would cause the bug you're seeing since 1.1.1... hmm.

-[Unknown]
10-30-2015, 06:39 PM
(10-30-2015 02:44 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  They're newer and include more changes than v1.1.1. Sometimes these changes break things, more often they fix things.

But I'm not aware of fixing anything that would cause the bug you're seeing since 1.1.1... hmm.

-[Unknown]

Updating to the latest GIT build fixed it! Awesome! Now, I just have to tweak the settings to get it to run smoother. It has a bit of lag when I enable certain effects, so I'll keep tweaking it and hopefully get it running fine.

Thanks for the help and a big thank you to the developer of this fine app! Big Grin
10-30-2015, 07:10 PM
For this game, make sure to use "Retain changed textures". It will help, this is no joke the game I added that feature for. Unfortunately, I was hoping it would help other games but it mostly just hurts other games. I think there's one or two other games it helps.

-[Unknown]
10-30-2015, 08:18 PM
(10-30-2015 07:10 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  For this game, make sure to use "Retain changed textures". It will help, this is no joke the game I added that feature for. Unfortunately, I was hoping it would help other games but it mostly just hurts other games. I think there's one or two other games it helps.

-[Unknown]

Thanks Mr. Unknown! I appreciate the tip. It runs great as long as either Upscaling or FXAA are disabled (haven't individually tested them, but running them together causes severe lag. I'm guessing it's the FXAA but I'll test more later unless you already know the answer. Smile )

But yeah, I am so happy that it looks normal and is able to be played smoothly. Can't wait to curl up with this one. Smile
12-16-2015, 12:10 PM
Hi all ~

Recently started playing this game full screen on my 1360x768 tv and everything works fine.

Just one minor thing is bugging me: the scrolling is really blurry. As in, when I move around town for example, everything gets blurry around me, especially npcs. Everything is crisp if I don't move.

The game is still perfectly playable but it's hurting my eyes after a while. Just wondering if there'd be an easy setting to solve that. I tried to mess around with basic display options but nothing helped so far.

Thanks in advance and since I'm new thanks for the awesome emulator !!!

Cheers~