Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Solved, needed to use --controlconfig] bat file pointing to controls.ini file help
08-07-2014, 06:11 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2014 05:41 AM by TheDax.)
[Solved, needed to use --controlconfig] bat file pointing to controls.ini file help
I am running Windows 7 64bit with version v0.9.9 of ppsspp. I currently have two bat files pointing to two different games. Each bat file also points to it's own controls.ini file. Both games run fine and after converting my bat files into exe files I can even launch them via steam.

Here is where I have run into a problem. After setting my controls in the first game, closing down ppsspp and then using the other bat file to open up the 2nd game. The controls for the 2nd game have now also changed.
Alternatively, if I change the controls in game 2, close down ppsspp and load up the 1st game via bat file, they will have also changed for game 1.

It's almost like the the --controlconfig argument is not working properly.

First things first, this is my very 1st bat file, ever. So I may be mucking it up here somewhere. These bat files are placed directly into my ppsspp directory.
Code:
PPSSPPWindows64.exe --fullscreen --config="F:\Program Files\ppsspp\config\peacewalker\mgspw.ini" --config="F:\Program Files\ppsspp\config\peacewalker\mgspw-controls.ini" "F:\PSP\MGS Peace Walker\mgspw.iso"

Here is the 2nd bat.
Code:
PPSSPPWindows64.exe --fullscreen --config="F:\Program Files\ppsspp\config\ff7cc\ff7cc.ini" --config="F:\Program Files\ppsspp\config\ff7cc\ff7cc-controls.ini" "F:\PSP\FFVII Crisis Core\ff7cc.iso"

I created the config folder inside the ppsspp directory and placed a folder inside for each game that I wanted to have it's own config file. Any idea how I can fix this? Multiple people play on this machine and it would be nice to have each game load it's own controller config file.

I've been up for a while trying to get this right, so if this makes no sense. Sorry. haha

Thanks for the read.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2014, 11:20 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2014 11:24 PM by tintinmayo.)
RE: bat file pointing to controls.ini file help
How about instead of creating a folder for each unique control and config ini, you just create a folder for each game that contains all the files PPSSPP needs, preserving the directory structure (which means you load a different PPSSPP exe with its own folder per game)?

i.e.

1. create a folder named MGS and stick an entire PPSSPP folder in there, configure it for MGS
2. create a folder named FFVII and stick a different PPSSPP folder in there, configure it for FFVII.
3. Create a shortcut in your desktop pointing to the MGS folder and name it Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker.
4. Create a shortcut in your desktop pointing to the FFVII folder and name it Final Fantasy: Crisis Core.

PPSSPP itself shouldn't cost too much of diskspace (a couple dozen megabytes or so, certainly nowhere near the size of a game ISO) if you only have savedata for a single game in each of the game-specific folder.

Additionally, this way you don't even have to deal with command lines or batch files (except for loading ISOs). Thank god PPSSPP uses local ini files instead of sticking the settings into the registry.

Main PC: Pentium g2020 (Ivy Bridge dual core, 2.9 ghz), Intel HD Graphics, 4 GB DDR3 Ram (3.5Gb usable), W7 64bit
Secondary PC: C2D e8400 (dual core 3.0 ghz), nVidia GT 240 GDDR5, 4 GB DDR2 Ram, W7 64bit
Laptop: AMD Turion X2 (dual core 1.80 ghz), ATI Xpress 1150 IGP, 2GB DDR2 SDRAM (1.7GB usable), W7 32bit
08-08-2014, 02:44 AM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2014 03:07 AM by TheDax.)
I can see two things wrong here:

Quote:Program Files

1. PPSSPP redirects where it saves stuff to the Documents/My Documents directory if you're running the executable from a read-only directory (which Program Files usually is, unless you're running as admin, which is a Bad Idea™). Since it can't write to those files you're providing it, I'm pretty sure it's defaulting to C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\PPSSPP\PSP\SYSTEM\controls.ini and \ppsspp.ini, meaning these files will overwrite each other as you change things for the other game.

Does it help if you put PPSSPP elsewhere, in a place where you know it's not read-only?

If it's not that, then it's likely:

2. I also noticed that you're using --config for both the controls and PPSSPP's regular config. For controllers, you need to use --controlconfig.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
08-08-2014, 04:14 AM
Thank you for the replies.

That program files directory is one that I made on a secondary hard drive. It's not the default windows one, so my files shouldn't be read only. I added --controlconfig instead of --config to my batch file and it now works as intended. Again, thank you very much.
08-08-2014, 05:41 AM
No problem.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.