Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Screen flickering on android and PC
08-06-2014, 07:31 AM
Screen flickering on android and PC
Hi. I started to use this emulator just recently, and I love it's performance. I do have a problem - the only way I can play my games is by turning on auto frame skipping, otherwise the game will be lagy and no fun. But, once I do enable auto frame skip, the screen starts flickering like crazy! On my PC, if I minimize the PPSSPP screen to the smallest size possible, the flickering stops, but it's obviously hard to play on a super small screen too. What could I do to make the flickering stop? The problem occurs on both android and PC versions. I use 0.9.9 for my Windows XP, and the newest one from the playstore for my tablet. Thank you for reading.

Oh, forgot to mention this, but I did see 1 other thread like mine, but the solutions from there didn't help (There was a guy who said to turn frame skipping only to 3,5 or 7, but that didn't work).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2014, 07:13 PM
RE: Screen flickering on android and PC
That happens to me if I have non buffered rendering enabled. Try buffered rendering.
08-07-2014, 09:16 AM
(08-06-2014 07:13 PM)AlphaKennyTime Wrote:  That happens to me if I have non buffered rendering enabled. Try buffered rendering.

Is that the only solution Sad ? Not only does buffered rendering make my games run 50% slower, but it also makes them almost unwatchable on android, all the textures start glowing real bright and you barely can see anything because of that.
08-07-2014, 10:06 AM
Just try to turn on "non buffered rendering" without auto frameskip. Sometimes it happens when i play Kingdom hearts
08-07-2014, 10:14 AM
Information RE: Screen flickering on android and PC
(08-07-2014 09:16 AM)EsEmDee Wrote:  
(08-06-2014 07:13 PM)AlphaKennyTime Wrote:  That happens to me if I have non buffered rendering enabled. Try buffered rendering.

Is that the only solution Sad ? Not only does buffered rendering make my games run 50% slower, but it also makes them almost unwatchable on android, all the textures start glowing real bright and you barely can see anything because of that.
Hi there,

Which Android device are you using?
And what are your spec's of your PC, as unless you have a very old computer, i can't see why you would have speed problems on the PC. Huh
09-30-2018, 01:28 PM
Guys Go for Buffered Rendering then turn "simulate block transfer effects"