Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 4.23 Average
Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy
05-17-2014, 02:08 AM (This post was last modified: 05-17-2014 02:33 AM by 1Timestones.)
RE: Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy
(05-16-2014 10:54 PM)Sarisa81 Wrote:  A clarification: Energy Ray does not reflect Emperor's Flare. Mega Flare and the claw swipe of Hellfire at very close range do reflect it.
Yeah, I tried that with Energy Wave, it does make it to where it doesn't harm you, but it still follows you?

(05-16-2014 10:54 PM)Sarisa81 Wrote:  I remember the pain of leveling up low-level Warriors of Cosmos. Often it's easier to land a chase HP than an actual HP attack. I forget how I got through Kefka in Terra's story, though Flood works at longer range (if he can interrupt you with the ice you're closer to Tornado range).

Timestones, I hate to be that person, but was the Emperor standing stock still or was he floating with his staff twirling above his head? If the latter, he's charging Starfall, which will always hit and wall-rush, even if you assist change, unless you are under cover or inside a banish trap when it lands. The only good defense is charging him and hitting him out of it. 9999 Starfall->EX burst could kill from 13000. But you generally know what got you, since "Starfall" pops up on the screen again (it's handled as two separate attacks) and a meteorite falls on your head with a big flash.

The timing of reflecting Flare at very close range can be a little finicky. I've eaten my own Flare a few times when I messed up the timing, and if there is one attack an Emperor player learns to reflect it's Flare.

Jecht is a really good assist if you want your opponent on the ground (e.g.the Emperor). I'd say Kuja works a little better with most characters since he doesn't need a large flat area.

Also the last gateway in the storyline only has 5 floors and you sound like you're past Chasm in the Rotting Land, so I'm not sure where you are.

Make sure you have equipment! Your equipment is as important as your level, so if you're going in totally unequipped you will get wrecked.

There was a bug in JPCSP that some characters would take almost forever to recover from Break then recover to 9999. I can't say I've seen that bug in any recent version of PPSSPP.

0/4 similarity to my core party at that point (Firion, Emperor, Terra, Yuna), interesting. Although now my core party is Firion/Emperor/Warrior of Light/Golbez/Terra.

Yup, this is true at times. But some out-right HP attacks are just more fun.

Yes, he would dodge, or I would be a hair too close-. Fight someone who is loaded with long/short range attacks on a small map, while you have super close-and-super far attacks to use. Bleh...

He was standing stock. I've used him some, I would just die for no reason, I've had it happen a few times with Squall and Tifa. Two close range attackers, and their long-range isn't very long range. Squall's only attack that you really have to try and dodge is Revolver Divide. Simply jump, and use an HP attack to stop him. When Sephiroth, I just stab him from above, I be sure to try and hit right behind him though. That way, he's hit, you're fine, and he is flying away. If you hit on top, you both cancel out. Hit right to his side or infront, you're being fried across the map.

Yeah, I use them both actually, but I personally like Jecht a tad more.
It would be Jecht, Kuja, Cecil (air only), the Emporer, Cloud (ground only), Zidane, and WoL, for my assists.

I figured that out, and I have beaten FC now. He is an ass. I didn't have all that great of equipment. I think my weapon was some Katana thing. Don't remember the others. Though EXP to HP was a MUST to have equiped. And even then, it was by the skin of my teeth. By the time I got to him, all my characters, 4, all had low health. That Moogle thing says it's refills your health, it didn't? WTF?! So, I would have to hit him with 150+HP attacks while he was at most two, at first. After ten or so 3000+ HP attacks, I was around 3/4 health. But then he would use his dang EX mode. Could never beat that bit. So, I did a whole lot of retries. Though I start with Squall, cuz it auto take 15% of his health starting as him. I finished with Cloud though. Do you have EXP to HP, but it doesn't want to work, if you vote yes! You are fighting FC as Cloud. Say hello looping, which hardly works.
I do have a question? Can you unlock normal Choas and the arena you fight them both in outside of the Labyrinth? Or do you have to beat the Labyrinth?

And since PPSSPP 0.9.8613, though 0.9.8619 was the next with build. It's not showing the video very well. It shows the HUD, when in-game, and maybe the models. But surroundings, and such, would be black? You hardly saw your character either. I've tested this with D012 LBP, KHBBSFM, and FF7CC. Same thing. Menus work fine, but when you actually go to play, you have your HUD, and a black screen.
I'm using 0.9.8611 for Android at this point, cuz anything higher doesn't display video. Though when in Non-buffered. It shows video, but it almost immediately crashes.
Got anything help with that?
I'm also on the Ouya, 4.11 JellyBean.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Dissidia 012 offset bug - solidforger - 09-27-2013, 03:44 PM
RE: Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy - 1Timestones - 05-17-2014 02:08 AM
Hi guys :3 - jassyqueen25 - 06-05-2014, 10:28 PM
Duodecim DLC wont work - shambashrine - 05-02-2015, 03:41 PM
PPSSPP 1.0.1 issues - KainArkanos - 06-07-2015, 11:16 PM
Dissidia 012 Crashes in Same Spot - fooGwa - 02-11-2016, 09:44 AM
Dissidia 012 - asianjam - 03-14-2016, 01:43 PM